PDA

View Full Version : x mag's grip frames

smilestyler
10-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Don't xmags have ULE frames? Or were some made with the normal emag grip, or what?
I think this belongs to 1stdeadeye

Paintchucker
10-16-2003, 12:19 AM
That looks like a standard Emag grip to me. The ULE grips are recognized by the straight back as opposed to the emag, which has a hump down the back. Also the ule grip has a hole where the bottom of the trigger guard joins to the main grip...

smilestyler
10-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Thanks anyhow, but I know the difference.:) I wanted to know why it is on an xmag.

Kevmaster
10-16-2003, 12:26 AM
I think he may have had one of the Euro-Xmags...

I think his wife bought it from AGDE if I remember right....IDE???

however, Euro-X mags now do come with the ULE stuff...they just didnt back in the day

adam shannon
10-16-2003, 01:26 AM
thats definately a first gen euro x-mag. the hump grip frame...and more noticable the anoed trigger. im not sure if the newer euro x's are coming with ule or hump grips...but the annoed trigger is a big giveaway.

kosmo
10-16-2003, 01:33 AM
If anyone is so weak as to need a ULE frame on their mag for weight savings as opposed to just not liking the hump, you should be slapped. And quite hard too.

RRfireblade
10-16-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by kosmo
If anyone is so weak as to need a ULE frame on their mag for weight savings as opposed to just not liking the hump, you should be slapped. And quite hard too.

For $1400 you would expect the BEST there is to offer even if the gains in weight may only be minimal.

manike
10-16-2003, 06:35 AM
People buying from AGDE had a choice of gripframes I believe. Some AGDE guns have different grip frames etc.

Because AGDE have a relatively smaller number of customers than AGD USA they do things a little differently and do extra to custom fit to the requirements of who ever is ordering.

I don't know if they still can but they could order the X-mag from AGDE with the standard or ULE grip (or even the one I modified if willing to pay for it!)

Bolter
10-16-2003, 07:58 AM
We (the euro contingent) are more bothered that the kettles not on and we've run out of milk.

:)

manike
10-16-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Bolter
we've run out of milk.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bolter
10-16-2003, 08:09 AM
manike quote:

I know I know, we've gone to red alert in our office. Might have to have a cup of *spits on floor* coffee....

DiRTyBuNNy
10-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by manike
(or even the one I modified if willing to pay for it!)

What is this modified trigger frame, if I may ask?

manike
10-16-2003, 10:20 AM
It's the one I did for my gun and Bob's etc. It had the cut out below the HSE, front finger grooves and even more taken off the back strap. It was on the prototype C&C pictures and is on Bob's and John Sostas guns I think.

Umm let me look for a picture...

FreakBaller12
10-16-2003, 03:16 PM
hmm very nice manike

FRENZY
10-16-2003, 08:56 PM
smilestyler:
Don't xmags have ULE frames? Or were some made with the normal emag grip, or what?

The emag frame is more like this...
http://www.smile-a-day.com/pics/progress1b.jpg

Where as the Xmag's frame is like this...
http://www.smile-a-day.com/pics/progress1c.jpg

:D