PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve Question

Crap_Boy_Smith
10-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Just a question - I am looking to buy a retro valve off of someone and am wondering If I can just put the valve in without worrying and have it fire fine (I have HPA)

Do I need a new seer assembly too? or will the one I currently have suffice?

Dont want to shell out the cash without checking.

ChucktheMAGician
10-16-2003, 10:42 AM
If you have a standard mag rail and are running a classic valve now switching to a retro won't be a problem. Slide yours out, slide that one in and go have fun! :D

PyRo
10-16-2003, 10:42 AM
The retro valve sear I think has a hardened tip, but the regular sear should work, it will just wear out faster. It should fire just fine, might need a differant PT spacer (or level 10 reajust) going into a differant gun, but most likely won't.

Crap_Boy_Smith
10-16-2003, 10:58 AM
ok just one other question:

Is there a difference betwee a retro valve and an RT valve or are they the same thing?

I shouldnt need a different on/off pin will I?

Thanks again

ChucktheMAGician
10-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Some people call Retro valves RT valves. Technically an RT valve only fits original RT's, where RT Pro's and regular mags use the Retro valve. If they are calling it a RT valve and have it mounted on a standard mag it's a Retro Valve and will work. The on/off should be fine. From info in the store, http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=132&CATID=6 I would think that if the valve originally came out of an RT Pro that the on/off would be a little longer than needed. The down side would be that it would be a little less reactive but it will still work fine.

PyRo
10-17-2003, 11:10 AM
RT valves are narrower, and use the banjo bolt. They will not work in any other marker than the RT. The retro functions the same way as the RT, but fits any mag (besides the RT), and eliminates the banjo bolt in favor of having the air enter from the side of the valve.