PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Short Stroking Prob... NEED HELP QUICK!

FragTek
10-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Hey all... for some reason my e-mag is short stroking on almost every trigger pull when I am not just popping one round off per second.

What do I need to do to aleviate this problem, it should be a simple fix correct? My setup is in my signature if you need that info to help troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance!!!

FragTek
10-16-2003, 11:52 PM
No one has ever had any experience with this sort of problem? Someone should have some ideas for me to try.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Schnitzel
10-17-2003, 12:02 AM
ive had that problem from time to time...i found that sometimes changing the carrier size up or down will fix it. sometimes just oiling the LX really well helps out too. i havent really been able to pinpoint the cause or fix to the problem.

just try chaning around your LX setup and then returning to its normal config. to see if thats it.

FragTek
10-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Alright thanks man, I will give it a shot! Im bummed that I dont have air to test it out with.

Anyone else with some experience in major chuffing?

athomas
10-17-2003, 09:01 AM
If it was working before, then it should be setup fine. Just clean it.

Short stroking or chuffing because you are firing too fast is a result of the valve not charging fast enough do to a restriction in the valve. The restriction can be a piece of dirt or a misalignment of a part or even not releasing the trigger all the way. Short stroking shouldn't happen on an emag in electronic mode because the electronics control the sear. Therefore, it is probably a piece of dirt or something in your valve that is causing the problem.

Schnitzel
10-17-2003, 10:16 AM
he's right...

which made me remember something that happened to me before.

i had just switched from macro to SS hose and gassed it up for the first time...and it was doing the same thing as yours. i took a hard look at everything, and after 10 mins i discovered that somehow the teflon from my previous install had worked itself into the valve and onto the reg pin assembly.

i promptly removed it.:D

ashriel28
10-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Ugh, don't use teflon tape. Use Loc-tite or some other paste/liquid thread sealer. (and be sure to let it dry before gassing it up)

maglover52
10-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by ashriel28
Ugh, don't use teflon tape. Use Loc-tite or some other paste/liquid thread sealer. (and be sure to let it dry before gassing it up)

nooo!!!! use teflon tape. thats what its meant for. just make sure the the last 2 threads(the threads towards the end where it goes in) are not covered that way you wont get the teflon tape in where it shouldnt be. my dad tuaght me this and he is a pipe fitter and has been for 21 years.

FragTek
10-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the help guys.

I put in the stock spring and it has helped the problem tremendously, but every now and again it will still chuff.

I was told to maybe try playing with taking out one shim from the lvl10.

I am going to proceed to strip the gun 2morrow and make sure it is nice and sparkly clean inside.

ashriel28
10-18-2003, 02:54 AM
yes, but most pipe fitters dont have hpa at 850 psi running into a fairly intricate valve system! If a piece of teflon gets loose in water pipe, probably not a big deal. But if it gets in your valve, it can be a pain to clean out. Look at what happened above!

*-_ULE_-*
10-18-2003, 06:17 AM
Ball detent dirty?

Gadget
10-18-2003, 07:07 AM
Have a look at your air system as well - had a similar problem with my E-Mag and it was just my flatline needing a new reg seat.

FragTek
10-18-2003, 01:21 PM
I just bought a brand spankin new Bulldog III reg for the tank, because my Apoc. finally decided to go tits-up on me, so I dont think that the reg is causing it.