PDA

View Full Version : Revy shell painting..?

EsPo
10-16-2003, 09:34 PM
I have an all black mag as of now.. and a clear/blue rev :)

I have also seen spraypaint do massive damages to certain substances that its sprayed on.. just wanted to check to check if its cool to spray it on the hopper without it deteriorating.

-=Squid=-
10-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
I have an all black mag as of now.. and a clear/blue rev :)

I have also seen spraypaint do massive damages to certain substances that its sprayed on.. just wanted to check to check if its cool to spray it on the hopper without it deteriorating. Dont spray paint it, it will look like crap. If you can get another clear half, rit dye it whatever color you want.

EsPo
10-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Shut up I'm poor.

:)

LaW
10-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Rit dye costs less then spray paint... haha dont spray paint it though... :(

Paintchucker
10-16-2003, 09:49 PM
It is really not that much more to dye it. A clear half shell should cost about $6 at your local shop. Of course if you got old shels you have to buy a new pair, but you might want to do that anyway. Much better to have the originals as backup in case the experiment fails! :)

If you are going to paint it, the best way to do it is by airbrushing it on the inside. You probably don't have access to an airbrush setup and getting someone to do it would be pricy unless it is a bud. But being that you are poor, :( I wouldn't paint it. Just buying a can of paint at the hardware store will probably yield poor results...

Here is one:

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=804374

The other option is to dye it. There are a couple threads in the TECH Forum I think.

Here is mine that was faded with two clear shells and a $3 bottle of royal blue rit dye, of which I still have 3/4 of... Cost me $15-18.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1042797

-=Squid=-
10-16-2003, 09:50 PM
wait a tick...just buy new shells for 15 bucks...DER!

ZAust
10-16-2003, 10:54 PM
you may want to check out that new krylon fusion spray paint. its designed for plastics, and dries completely and permanently in 2 hours. plus a can is only 5 bucks.

EsPo
10-17-2003, 06:05 AM
The point of spraypainting is so I don't have to spend any money...DER!

(P.S. shells are 10 each at all shops round here)

-=Squid=-
10-17-2003, 07:52 AM
The point of spraypainting is so I don't have to spend any money...DER!

(P.S. shells are 10 each at all shops round here) Cmon espo! Its 10 bucks for an infinitely better looking shell!

Skoad
10-17-2003, 11:23 AM
my friend spraypainted his shell green.

He must be some sort of expert spraypainter because everytime i try to do it to ANYTHING it always has run streaks, blotches, and in general looks crappy. But somehow he magically did a good job, it looks decent.

bornl33t
10-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Skoad
my friend spraypainted his shell green.

He must be some sort of expert spraypainter because everytime i try to do it to ANYTHING it always has run streaks, blotches, and in general looks crappy. But somehow he magically did a good job, it looks decent.

patience is the key, don't try to finish it all in one sitting.

that revy with the flames are mine, it's been sold. The reason it's on clear shells is because it's actually on the inside of the hopper, for maximum durability, then coated inside with something like half a dozen clear coats so you can wipe it out if you have a break. It takes a long time to do to say the least. The new owner of that gun resides in the uk

Konigballer
10-17-2003, 03:21 PM
food for thought..(not meant sarcastically Heat)

EsPo
10-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Cmon espo! Its 10 bucks for an infinitely better looking shell!
hmm...

Spend money on shells vs spend money on playing

Thats the dillemma.. if I dont buy the shells, i play, if i buy the shells, i dont play.

-=Squid=-
10-17-2003, 03:51 PM

hmm...

Spend money on shells vs spend money on playing

Thats the dillemma.. if I dont buy the shells, i play, if i buy the shells, i dont play. But its only 10 bucks. Thats 150 rounds, just borrow 10 bucks or sell something crappy.

EsPo
10-17-2003, 04:17 PM
You must suck at math 10 + 10 = 20 :)

And entry is 15 alone at the field I play at.

You lose.

I'm poor.

Leave.