PDA

View Full Version : have all these barrels and I don't even know what they are!

SN toter
10-17-2003, 02:42 PM
okay well I know the one on the bottom is a stock minimag barrel..but what are these top two? both are stainless...any ideas? thanks

Creative Mayhem
10-17-2003, 02:46 PM
the top one is a DYE ss old skool.. i have one too.
the second one looks somwhat like a BOA, but im not sure....

FalconGuy016
10-17-2003, 03:06 PM
That second one looks slick :) but I dunno what it is

pbguy888
10-17-2003, 03:20 PM
One on the bottom looks like a stock minimag barrel.

Eric Cartman
10-17-2003, 03:53 PM
The second one looks a lot like a stainless J&J my brother used to have. Not sure though...

Tyril
10-17-2003, 04:27 PM
top is definately a dye 12" SS (older version)

I've got one that looks just like that.

You might be able to make out a faint 'dye' logo on the side.

-mike

Webmaster
10-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Pretty sure its:

Dye Stainless
J&J Whisper barrel (stainles or nickle plated brass)
Stock Minimag

M-a-s-sDriver
10-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Agreed on the J and J whisper barrel, been looking for a replacement for a long time. PM me... I'll trade a boomstick for it.
Brent.

Aliens-8-MyDad
10-17-2003, 05:28 PM
the top one isnt a dye SS, dye always had there logo on it... its a 32 degrees rip off.. i think mabey called the terminator? or something to that extent

edit, they dont show it on there site anymore so its gotta be a older 32 degrees barrel, but im sure it is. my friend has one exactly like that. we hit things with it because its so freakin heavy, kinda like a nite stik

Doc Nickel
10-17-2003, 05:53 PM
[b]Aliens[/i] is exactly right. I have a DYE stainless from the very first run back in '95. The muzzle brake is slightly different.

One of the PMI (later 32 Degrees) knockoffs is a good bet.

The middle is a J&J Whisper, and is probably nickeled or hardchromed brass. Back in the Whisper days, J&J didn't make very many stainless barrels.

Doc.

banzaimf
10-17-2003, 05:59 PM
didn't taso do a knock off dye barrel too?

SN toter
10-17-2003, 08:18 PM
beautiful, thanks so much!

I've never even heard of the whispers and I've been in paintball for about 7 years they have to be old :)

Yeah i got these in a trade and all I knew was that I was getting OLD barrels...they are all mint though :)

mass I'll PM you, I'm gonna put some paint through it on sunday and see how I like it, but maybe we can work something out. Peace,
Jason

Kaiser Bob
10-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Doc Nickel
[b]Aliens[/i] is exactly right. I have a DYE stainless from the very first run back in '95. The muzzle brake is slightly different.

One of the PMI (later 32 Degrees) knockoffs is a good bet.

The middle is a J&J Whisper, and is probably nickeled or hardchromed brass. Back in the Whisper days, J&J didn't make very many stainless barrels.

Doc.

Didnt the dyes also have holes behind the muzzle brake?

Riddler236
10-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
Didnt the dyes also have holes behind the muzzle brake?

Yes, they did.

The top barrel is definitely a 32 Degrees SS (Dye knockoff).
Edit: they also made a lookalike and called it a "Bob Long Sig Series."

The second barrel is most likely an old hardchromed J&J. They changed porting patterns entirely too often, but I can't think of another manufacturer that made a barrel that looks like that. If Doc says it's a Whisper, it's a Whisper. :)

The third barrel, as stated, is indeed a stock MM barrel.