PDA

View Full Version : new egg2 shells

rikkter
10-17-2003, 02:46 PM
argh, not happy. at first my battery prongs on my shells broke. so i bought new ones, and could only buy clear(needed some soon as possible)
so. i get them. go to put it together. and none of the ends where the screw goes into are threaded. so i have to line them up straight as possible., and thread them with the screws.
now the lid, same issue with those screws. but now the lid wont even latch tightly, and i took the springs out because i found them useless(now i wish i ddin't - dont know where they are)

has anyone else run into these problems? preferably the holes now being threaded and such?
and does anyone have a remedy for the lid to latch tighter that is more efficient than the tape method?

SpongeBobSquarePants
10-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Hmmmmm I havnt heard of any problems like that. I actually wish my wouldn't latch so titly.

Quickling
10-17-2003, 06:14 PM
I'm with Bob. But a ghetto latch might be to put duct tape over the latch bump in the body. That way the lid might have more friction in there and less space.. so it may latch tigher. But look ugly.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-17-2003, 06:26 PM
I need one of those plastic spacers for the battery area of an Egg...and i can't find any place that sells them...oh well...

FordPrefect
10-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Bunny, if you pick up some Duracell batteries you won't need the spacer.

rikkter
10-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I need one of those plastic spacers for the battery area of an Egg...and i can't find any place that sells them...oh well...
use cardboard, i just matched the spacer to a box that came in a game, and it was actually the same thickness

sponge:
at first mine use to latch too tightly, hence me taking the springs out.
this just bites tho, i dont want to use any sort of tape. my mom's BF suggested we try to fix it with some hot glue, which sounded like a interesting idea.
if that doesn't work, i'm just going to buy another lid and hopefully that'll fix it.

G-Rock
10-18-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by FordPrefect
Bunny, if you pick up some Duracell batteries you won't need the spacer.

Now there is an Energizer Bunny converting in this world!!!

Chris

Prezents
10-18-2003, 08:11 AM
You can also use a piece of a cd case, just cut it down.