PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bumper in Retro...

trxtr
10-17-2003, 04:17 PM
Before the flames begin, I did a search and read the threads and the only thing I saw that said the blue bumpers were bad, mentioned they're "bouncier" and may cause paint breakage. My retro/lvl 10 shredded the clear bumper in no time and if the only problem with the blue one is paint breakage, which the lvl 10 eliminates, than why not use it?

thanx
trxtr

redlaser666
10-17-2003, 07:41 PM
The blue bumper wont cause paint breakage. It will only cause the marker to have more kick because its harder. I have one on mine and its still working good.

Tunaman
10-17-2003, 07:41 PM
blue ones work fine too...;)

BlackVCG
10-17-2003, 08:02 PM
They're okay to use on mechanical guns, just not E-Mags.

JackRegan
10-20-2003, 07:50 AM
again i've been reading and searching ..

i have the blue bumper on an x-mag, is this bad ?

PyRo
10-20-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by JackRegan
again i've been reading and searching ..

i have the blue bumper on an x-mag, is this bad ?
He just said don't use it in e-mags. I'm not sure why, but it cannot be good. Did it come with the blue or did you/sombody else put it in? If it came with it I would call AGD and ask them.

SocialD
10-21-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm not an expert, but I think that I've read that the reason that you don't want to use the blue o-ring is that it is harder than the clear o-ring. So, the blue o-ring doesn't absorb the shock from the bolt as well as the clear o-ring. The increased shock being transmitted from the bolt to the power tube could result in the power tube cracking.

Edit: The blue o-ring is supposed to be fine for non-electro markers.

JackRegan
11-03-2003, 07:42 AM
ok probably a dumb question but .. the argument against not using it on an electro seems a bit odd.

the valve can fit any mag, electro or mechanical, so surely the impact from the bolt is going to be the same.

just with an electro the potential is for more impacts in a shorter space of time .. but its still # number of shots. so lets say i fire 10,000 with a x-mag with a blue bumper, and an x-valve on a 68, fire 10,000 shots .. surley its the same is'nt it ? so the blue bumper should'nt matter ..

i'm not in any way mechanically minded so this is me in laymans terms ..

SocialD
11-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JackRegan
ok probably a dumb question but .. the argument against not using it on an electro seems a bit odd.

the valve can fit any mag, electro or mechanical, so surely the impact from the bolt is going to be the same.

just with an electro the potential is for more impacts in a shorter space of time .. but its still # number of shots. so lets say i fire 10,000 with a x-mag with a blue bumper, and an x-valve on a 68, fire 10,000 shots .. surley its the same is'nt it ? so the blue bumper should'nt matter ..

i'm not in any way mechanically minded so this is me in laymans terms ..

I completely agree with your logic and reasoning. I've thought the same thing. I don't understand why it might be bad to run the blue o-ring in either an E-mag or X-mag. It is my understanding that the reasoning for using the clear bumper over the blue bumper came down from the powers that be over at AGD.

jayel579
11-03-2003, 06:26 PM
yeah this has been going back and forth for a while here, clear bumper vs blue bumper. i used a blue one in my Emag until i got my clear one in the mail. i just used the blue one as a bandaid until.

but i think it has to do with the speed capability of the valve. a classic isnt going to be as fast as an RT or X valve. the clear bumper helps these valves achieve the higher rates of fire.

11_Mile_TMaster
11-05-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by SocialD
I'm not an expert, but I think that I've read that the reason that you don't want to use the blue o-ring is that it is harder than the clear o-ring. So, the blue o-ring doesn't absorb the shock from the bolt as well as the clear o-ring. The increased shock being transmitted from the bolt to the power tube could result in the power tube cracking.

Edit: The blue o-ring is supposed to be fine for non-electro markers.

Speaking fro ma nontechnical standpoint... The bumper is there to prevent Mushrooming of the bolt more than anything, yes? no? Maybe?
And due to the fact, that, using the superscientific method of "Try to squeeze each spring," I find that my L7 spring is lighter than my LX...
well, doesn't that mean the LX is hitting back with that much more force? Not to mention, because it has that sort of kinda beveled edge, there's that much less space for the energy to transfer... hence the softer clear bumpers being Shredded.

But, I'm not a Tech, so That's all I'm going to say.

danheneise
11-06-2003, 09:36 PM
The bumper is there to prevent Mushrooming of the bolt more than anything, yes? no? Maybe?

i think it's there to prevent the metal to metal contact which would damage the valve and bolt correct me if i'm wrong.

so is there a significant advantage to useing one ring over the other?

11_Mile_TMaster
11-07-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by danheneise

i think it's there to prevent the metal to metal contact which would damage the valve and bolt correct me if i'm wrong.

so is there a significant advantage to useing one ring over the other?

Mushrooming is Damage to the bolt. A good example of what long term mushrooming can look like... look at a bullet that impacts.