PDA

View Full Version : Spyder E99

hockaloogey
10-18-2003, 02:00 PM
I want to get a decent gun cheap - just as an extra, y'know?
I already have a Custom 98, and I want an electric one. My cousin got a rainmaker on ebay and it rules. unfortuneately he told me they stopped making them so that's not an option (they weren't THAT cheap anyway) i've got my eyes on the Kingman, Spyder E99, is it good??? i heard it wasn't accurate or reliable but i want more than one opinion...

(i'm not sure about buying it yet so please don't offer to sell me one) thanx

TSalPaintball
10-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Id say save up your money and buy your self a nice gun that will be better for you in the long run. A nice enrty level elctro phnumadttic(sp) like a BK0 or an Impluse(dont listen to people about the smart parts issue). They will be a nice marker for you!

Torbo
10-18-2003, 02:51 PM
save and get a bko, or just scratch that, sell the 98 and get a nicer gun, like a nice cocker, mag or impy or something

hockaloogey
10-18-2003, 03:48 PM
yeah... i want an impulse and i don't care about Smart Parts. sure, i hate them as much as the next paintball fan but some of the guys showing you smart parts cracks are the same ones wearing their logo and carrying their gear. i really don't wanna sell the 98. it's a pretty cheap gun but they are pretty tough and easily upgraded. i'm thinking of not caring about a better gun until i've got a Response Trigger on this one. i also considered getting a Sniper upgrade instead, but in my opinion it's not that great of a gun to talk accuracy... thx for your replies...

KornKamp02
10-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Well, knowing our price ranges I would say get it. Plus, you are on my team so that would be good. I wish I would have gotten the electric Fokus instead of mine now. :(

Tim Taylor
10-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Nothing wrong with E99. It has been a reliable gun for the many I know that have one. It seems to be better that the other electro seer trippers including Kingman. You could do better but I think that you will find you'll use the E99 more that the 98.

paintpiggie
10-18-2003, 07:28 PM
e99?
hmm, the triggers are odd and that back piece moves a bit too much, also, they chop balls like it's going out of style.

pros? you can find a ****load of aftermarket parts anywhere
you live. be it mystery, alaska or gary, indiana.

however, i wouldnt label them as a reliable "backup gun" at
all.but that's just me, buddy. do as you feel. your money,
your game, your lifestyle. :D

hockaloogey
10-18-2003, 09:02 PM
i didn't actually mean what i said about "backup". if i bought an E99 it would be my primary marker until i got a gun better than both the two. if i got an RT on my 98, though, than it might be a tough choice which to choose first. with an RT and a fast finger, a 98 might be able to reach an almost-auto speed...

thx again
-hock

RagingFalcon
10-18-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by paintpiggie
e99?
hmm, the triggers are odd and that back piece moves a bit too much, also, they chop balls like it's going out of style.

The problem revolves on the e99 having a great load of blow back. so if you shoot faster than about 4-6 balls per seconds the ball wont fall correctly and it will chop. but i agree with everyone. save up and get a more reliable gun whether it be a mag or a cocker.. i personnaly prefer the mag because of the less maintenence involved.

bleachit
10-18-2003, 10:46 PM
About the 98 RT, it is basically a full auto conversion. You can adjust how much gas is used to force the trigger back. The more gas the faster the gun fires. You can actually adjust it up to around 8 or 9 bps I think.

My brother and friend have the RT trigger. Its not that great. If you shoot a lot of paint the RT system can freeze up causing firing problems. Or one ball will shoot far and the only will only go about 30 feet. I had that happen to me when I borrowed my bros tippy for a game after he had been playing awhile. If you get an expansion chamber it seems to help with the valve freezing, my friends tippy has one, I used that the game after I used my bros.

As far as spyders go, I don't know why people don't like them. If you are looking for an electro spyder and want to adjust the firing settings, the E99 has the dip switches in the grip frame which I have heard are rather hard to adjust. A few others, like the Imagine and I believe the Electra, have a push button on the back of the frame making it much easier to switch modes of fire.

As far as the chopping problem, I play with 2 people who have Electras and one who has an Imagine, all with motorized hoppers. The only problem the Electra had that I have heard of is outshooting the Ricochet hopper in full auto. The Imagine has a Reloader which keeps up fine when in full auto, I believe because the Imagine is capped at around 13bps. With that said, I don't think that there is much difference between the E99 and these guns to say that the E99 wouldn't perform similarly with the proper loader.

edit, again: The RT is actually a burst mode, you will have to release and pull the trigger again to get another string off.

mrhp454
10-18-2003, 10:55 PM
its my experience cominig from a low buck electro to a mag that the mag was definatly worth the money and it would be worth the wait in your case. I wouldn't even add to the tippy anything more than a barrel. good luck!