PDA

View Full Version : nitrogen system

scribe
10-18-2003, 07:38 PM
hi, i wanted to buy a cheap nitrogen tank for my minimag but i'm not sure which one to buy. i want a cheap fixed one. i dont know what the first and second number means and i'm not sure what brand to get, and if it should be high pressure or low pressure. can you guys just tell me which one to buy that's under 150 dollars. thanks.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
10-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Hmm quick and easy explination. well first number means the size cubic inches and the second means the pounds per square inch
say 88ci /3000 psi for 3000 psi you can get around 10 shots every ci so an 88/3000 gets you around 900 shots depending on high pressure or low pressure gun , an auto mag is a high pressure gun cause its opperating pressure is around 800 psi (reccomended) that is needed for the valve to opperate properly
a 4500 psi tank can get you around 15 shots for every ci, smallest nitro tanks are those that are called peanuts which look like round oval balls, some brands are PMI, Crossfire, Flatline, Angel Air, Worr gas air and such. Nitro tanks all have tank gauges and have a hydro date, a hydro date is for around every 5 years which you must send in your tank to get it hydroed or pressure tested to prevent mishaps etc....

EDIT: hmm best bet would be a low 4500 that has a fixed high out put pressure like 800+ psi

frost
10-18-2003, 09:34 PM
dude make this easy go out and buy a 68/3000psi tank from crossfire or pmi a well known company thats what i bought and i love it

PyRo
10-19-2003, 10:12 AM
The first number is how big the tank is, the bigger the tank, the more shots you get. But the tradeoff is the tank itself is bigger. A 68ci tank is alot smaller than a 144ci.
The 2nd number (either 3000 or 4500) is how many psi the tank can hold. 4500psi will provide about 150% more shots per bottle (of the same size) than the 3000psi. Its a way to get more shots while not having a gigantic tank. Its a bit more expensive, and I would check with your field first to see if they fill up to 4500, as not all fields do.