PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Lingo Help

KornKamp02
10-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Ok, I see alot of paintball lingo on here that I ahve no idea what they mean, could you guys help me out? Here are some I'm curious about, you can give me the definition for more.

Backplayer or Backman
Frontplayer or frontman
Lane
Lane on The Brake (I know what the brake is I just wanna know what laneing on the brake is)

Thanks! And AO is the nicest place I ahve seen and I know I won't get n00b! Shoved down my throat, 'cause you guys are too nice ;)

FreakBaller12
10-19-2003, 09:32 AM
laning:firing strigns of balls down a lane you think the oppenent is going to run down so he rusn into your balls

backman or back player:a couple guys in the back, oen of the most imporant people, they take up lanes, they fire non stop to give their frontman a chance to move, they give all their frontmans commands and tell them where there oppenents are

frontman: guys that run off the break to get good posistion, people playign closest to the 50, with there backman's help they bunker alot of peopel and they make the game breakign moves most of the time, their job is to push up the field

KornKamp02
10-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Thanks! Now, what about the field lingo? like The 50 and The Snake and what exactly is Airball, X-Ball, all those other ones except woods ball because I know what that is.

OfficerGoat
10-19-2003, 09:45 AM
Backman, the guy who sits at the back of the feild and keeps their heads down so your front players can move and get shots on. The back guy is also your eyes on the feild since they don't have to play as tight and can generaly see whats going on.

Frontman, the guy who gets his nose right in it. These players play right up front (as the name might sugest) These are the guys that make the moves.

Laning... is where you spray paint down a Lane.. or an open line. The point is to make the other guys have to run through a wall of paint on the way to their bunkers.

Laning off the break...basicaly you guess where the other guy is going to go on the break and drop a pile of paint in front of that bunker hoping that they run through it.

KornKamp02
10-19-2003, 09:52 AM
thanks

Thanks! Now, what about the field lingo? like The 50 and The Snake and what exactly is Airball, X-Ball, all those other ones except woods ball because I know what that is.

FreakBaller12
10-19-2003, 11:39 AM
50-center of the field, if centerflag format, it's where th fkag is at, usually the biggest or best lane shootign bunker, imporant to keep from other team
snake-a lay down bunker usually near or at the 50, also imporant to get,keep away from team

FreakBaller12
10-19-2003, 11:50 AM
airball- inflatbale bunkers
hyperball- big black plastic pipes
i prefer air

thereal_JT
10-19-2003, 08:42 PM
a big AO lingo term that you should have seen several times is >>>>OWNED or PWN3ED

jt

p8ntballsnowman
10-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Can somebody tell me what people mean when they say "Your mirror!" thats the only thing i cant really figure out.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
10-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Mirror-its when the 2 sides of the field are the same , and its the bunker that you are in just on the opponents side of the field

Bad_Dog
10-19-2003, 09:55 PM
he thinks he can get away with this!

*shoves the word n00b down Korn's throat...:D :D :D

KornKamp02
10-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Bad_Dog
he thinks he can get away with this!

*shoves the word n00b down Korn's throat...:D :D :D AH! I'm choking! ;) :p

Jeffy-CanCon
10-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Maybe an FAQ terminology thread might be a good idea? Or maybe not necessary, since AGD doesn't really cater to the neginner market?

rtslave
10-20-2003, 09:07 PM
I think a thread with lingo would be great.
What are all the bunkers: rolie-polie, doritoes, carwash and all the others.

elpimpo
10-20-2003, 10:08 PM
you have just been newbified. sorry man i had to say it. play some tourney ball ull get the hang of all the lingo. and even invent some of ur own

Scooter/Cootie
10-21-2003, 03:28 PM
Here's a good defination.

Back Player: The ones that do all the work

Front Player: The ones that get credit for all the work

Ha! :p

KornKamp02
10-21-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie

Ha! :p :rolleyes: :p :D

elpimpo
10-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie

Ha! :p

**POOF** (with your post count I will not be so easy next time) . thats the best explanation ive heard yet

UltimatePaintballer
10-21-2003, 07:12 PM
or

frontplayer: the guy that can run down the field and actually scores points

backplayer: sits back to spray and pray

jk but they are both key players of the games. backplayers help us by yelling out all the spots that the frontplayers shoot out and take

xadamx
10-21-2003, 07:35 PM
I agree with Scooter

elpimpo
10-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer
or

frontplayer: the guy that can run down the field and actually scores points

backplayer: sits back to spray and pray

jk but they are both key players of the games. backplayers help us by yelling out all the spots that the frontplayers shoot out and take

and who makes it so u can get up there

~WarpedRT#2~
10-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Acutally, I make my own way, I just get low, and run, if i look ahead, i can see the balls in the air, and I just avoid them. I've been playing rec for a while, and playing that usually means not having the best players on your team. And, you are wrong, backplayers do do alot of work, but I think mid players are more important. They are the ones who can actually reach the other teams back, front, and mids players, and have a shot at tagging them. They have a better range than back players, and a better chance of getting someone out.

elpimpo
10-21-2003, 10:14 PM
a. they dont have the visibility of a back stand up.
b. they dont yell nearly as much
c. youd be toast if u got into a 50 laydown if you didnt have any back players to stop someone from bunkering you
d. im right and your wrong so take that punk

elpimpo
10-21-2003, 10:15 PM
a. they dont have the visibility of a back stand up.
b. they dont yell nearly as much
c. youd be toast if u got into a 50 laydown if you didnt have any back players to stop someone from bunkering you
d. im right and your wrong so take that punk jk

Cliffio
10-21-2003, 11:36 PM
what about when someone says "hit" or "Out"?

cause i usually just shoot em till they fall down, thats how i usually tell if someone wont shoot at me anymore

spyxtra
10-24-2003, 04:39 PM
frontman- the 2 most athletic players on your team

backman- the fat guy that cant run to the 50 in under 20 seconds:D :D :D

elpimpo
10-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by spyxtra
frontman- the 2 most athletic players on your team

backman- the fat guy that cant run to the 50 in under 20 seconds:D :D :D

yea there you go. all back men are fat and slow. this all coming from a kid with a spyder

dinger
10-25-2003, 03:13 PM
lmao

FalconGuy016
10-25-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
what about when someone says "hit" or "Out"?

cause i usually just shoot em till they fall down, thats how i usually tell if someone wont shoot at me anymore

Me too, I notice a pattern also... at first they say "hit" or "out" but then as I progress they start screaming those words and then after my second or third pod they start screaming profanties at me until they pass out. I dont understand :confused:

spyxtra
10-25-2003, 05:28 PM
yea there you go. all back men are fat and slow. this all coming from a kid with a spyder

im not saying all pro backman are fat its jsut teh ppl we play wiht the ones that always stay back are larger in size

i should have been more precize wiht my wording

yes i do only have a spyder but i do read alot about paintball when im online so i have a pretty good idea about topics
:(

spyxtra
10-25-2003, 05:34 PM

im not saying all pro backman are fat its jsut teh ppl we play wiht the ones that always stay back are larger in size

i should have been more precize wiht my wording

yes i do only have a spyder but i do read alot about paintball when im online so i have a pretty good idea about topics
:(

dinger
10-25-2003, 05:58 PM
originaly said by steve
You're a douche, learn to type.

steve said that :o

lamby
10-26-2003, 02:55 AM
hey spyxtra...

I am a back guy. I dont think you could beat me to the 100. I am over twice your age, but this old guy can still boogie if needed (but only for short bursts, because the years of drinking, women, and smoking are all taking their toll on this frame. I still play softball, pickup football, and paintball.. If I need to make a dash I will, If I need to dive I will..

And so you know I am 5'9" 176lbs ..... I am FAR from fat!!!

But I am loud, have good vision, and can sling paint with the best of them.. That is why I am a back guy. Just like Cootie said (translated into my words) we win the games but the front guys get the kills.... It takes a team to win at paintball