PDA

View Full Version : Blue Streak

hockaloogey
10-19-2003, 01:39 PM
I went to WalMart and bought this cheap paint called blue streak. it was only like 20 bucks for 1000 rds. it worked about as good as the rest of my paint, which was Evil. does paint always matter? you could go to a place with that blue streak stuff and people would say, "I have a better chance of winning because I have better paint," and yet i can't really agree that their paint is "better". maybe its just the right level of thickness so it won't break in your hopper yet it won't keep bouncing. i went to a place and their paint pissed me off because i got hit three times and all of them bounced. and i hit a guy and it bounced off of him. i really hated that paint and it was about as expensive as any big shot paint company...

FreakBaller12
10-19-2003, 02:15 PM
hah blue streak, worst paitn i have ever seen
they have like a clear blue, terrible fill, crappy BE if u ask me

spydervenom
10-19-2003, 03:02 PM
as long as the shells are good, paint isn't too thick or thin and it fits your barrel it should be fine

PyRo
10-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Paint does make a differance, for rec ball use the cheapest stuff that doesn't break like crazy in your gun. For a tourny though, you want better paint. The reason is some of the cheap stuff bounces more, can be mishapen, have multiple sizes in the same batch, causing a small decrease in consistancy and accuracy (I think). Then again the like 3000 rounds my step brother got for free from 888paintball with his spyder TL wasn't to bad, aside from the fact that there were about 50 broken balls in the bag when he got it.

CrazyLad
10-19-2003, 03:50 PM
yeah i got 500 for like $12, well worth the money even if it is BE. It wasnt even that bad, i think i might have had 3 breaks.

KornKamp02
10-19-2003, 04:09 PM
You used it against me and it seemed fine. I sue the cheapest stuff I can find which is like $20 a case.

hockaloogey
10-19-2003, 04:52 PM
i think you mean 500 rd. bag - most cases come in like 2000 rds. or so

KornKamp02
10-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by hockaloogey
i think you mean 500 rd. bag - most cases come in like 2000 rds. or so oh, i meant 1000 but I could get a case for 40

BajaBoy
10-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
hah blue streak, worst paitn i have ever seen
they have like a clear blue, terrible fill, crappy BE if u ask me

dude, i really dont understand you.. are you saying the paint is crap because of joes angel? or because you used it yourself? i Really dont see how it can be that bad you have a mag with a stock barrel and 9vt. Its not like the paint is to big for your barrel or your chopping bc you have a level ten.

soccer4minimags
10-19-2003, 08:06 PM
From what I've seen of it the fill is pretty bad. Its just like clear blue water, I wouldn't call it paint. Yeah the shells I've seen have been pretty well shapen, a little on the large side though. They are extra thick too, I've seen em bounce off hard bunkers. Hits also don't show up well at all with it if it hits clothing. It just absorbs it and all thats left is a dark wet spot.
I guess if you want cheap paint its okay, but why bother, if your getting paint at walmart get something else. The walmarts have some sort of draxus stuff now and some new type of PMI thats like premiums in different colors instead of that super swirl stuff.

Spartan X
10-19-2003, 08:23 PM
$40 for 2000....just get big ball....

RT pRo AuToMaG
10-19-2003, 08:33 PM
For practice, i use this paint called core from sports authority (or maybe it was academy sports). Anyway, it's supposebly seconds, but they are all perfect, and they don't bounce like crazy either and they come in plastic bags in plastic tubs, which is nice because you don't have to worry about the sun messing up your paint.

Bad_Dog
10-19-2003, 09:19 PM
core isn't bad, actually the Dunhams sports stores around here have it for $35 (sale)

I've had both bad core and good core... but it still isnt quality enough to play anything other than backyard recball. It also has fill like toothpaste, which dries and retains its "splatt" shape for like a week when it breaks on bunkers...

hockaloogey
10-19-2003, 09:25 PM
when i played w/ it the thickness was fine, the only real problem i faced was, like you guys said, it was a watery blue so it was hard to notice when you were hit...

TheDoveDecends
10-20-2003, 06:09 PM
the best paint is the paint you soak in water for a couple days or so.. you let it get real big and bubbley.

that stuff is great!

FreakBaller12
10-20-2003, 06:39 PM
dude, i really dont understand you.. are you saying the paint is crap because of joes angel? or because you used it yourself? i Really dont see how it can be that bad you have a mag with a stock barrel and 9vt. Its not like the paint is to big for your barrel or your chopping bc you have a level ten.

nope, it's just crappy overall, i have yet to see blue streak have a half descent fill, sometimes it will shoot descent, but most of the time not

Xyxyll
10-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Okay... here's a very good example of why paint matters. At my team's first tournament, we were up against the team that ended up getting 1st (3-man). I'd go into detail, but there's no point. We popped their star player and lost my teammates, and I rushed around their back bunker to find both of their remaining players just sitting there. I'm like 6-7 feet away. It was just instinct to fire a lot. It didn't seem like I was firing much, but my teammates later told me I was going crazy over there. ;) Well, The first guy I guess I hit about 3 times. Then I turned my aim to the second guy, who was turning around at the time, so I popped him in the pack (saw the break). They both turn around and light me up. The ref comes by and calls the first guy clean and the second guy out.

Now for the fun part... after the tournament (we placed 3rd), I started fiddling around with our leftover paint. What I discovered was that it wasn't breaking. I took it and squeezed the paintball in the middle, and I squeezed it flat! I took 3 and lined them up and then smashed them against the wall. No breaking.

Now for $60 a case, that was the worst paint I have ever used. I feel that it is safe to assume that that paint (and the fact that my Egg2 kept turning off in the first 3 games) cost us the tournament.

hockaloogey
10-20-2003, 08:22 PM
it wasn't breaking. I took it and squeezed the paintball in the middle, and I squeezed it flat! I took 3 and lined them up and then smashed them against the wall. No breaking.

uh - was it old paint? for that much it should atleast break... i wouldn't pay that much for paint in the first place, but jeez - that just sucks. you totally would have won if you hadn't bought that crap...

Taco
10-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Spartan X
$40 for 2000....just get big ball.... YA RLY