PDA

View Full Version : temporary automag???

fancynapkin
10-19-2003, 04:44 PM
ok, I was originally going to get a bko and trick it out, but I knew in the end I would sell it. So I have decided that I will be getting a aka viking (in a while)

I am going to sell my upgraded tippmann for a used automag. now, will a automag with cp barrel/ lvl 10 (something of that sort for 200$) be a big step up from a tippmann in terms of consistancy?? my gun shoots +- 20 on a good day. it shoots balls all over the place as well.

I already have a 68/3000 tank and a evo 2.

good idea??

so to summarize, sell tippy, buy used 200$ mag w/ lvl 10, then get a job and buy a viking and own everyone

or I could get a new bko, a new reg, keep upgrading it until something happens to it, then sell it and get viking.

be honest

oh and I am asking here because mag owners are the nicest paintball players on earth and are unbiased unlike sp biatches.

PyRo
10-19-2003, 05:11 PM
+- 20, there has to be somthing wrong with your tippy, or your playing in -20 temperatures with it. I think a mag can offer you alot better than that. Especially if you are running air (hey you will need it for that viking anyway won't you?).

ChucktheMAGician
10-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Yeah +\- 20 fps is pretty bad. What paint and barrel are you running? I would agree w/ getting a Mag tho, Nitro and/or barrel being your first upgrade(s):)

fancynapkin
10-19-2003, 06:10 PM
forget about the +- 20, thats not the point (it is the truth though)

are mags consistant out of the box?

and can I out shoot my tippy with a stock mag (w/ lvl 10)??

PyRo
10-19-2003, 07:22 PM
You can probably shoot it. I had my mag shooting +-3 the last time I played. Ask someone with a mag at your field if you can shoot it, or ask at your shop to shoot a mag. See how you like it.

fancynapkin
10-19-2003, 08:03 PM
yeah, I think I might end up with a bko in the end. I really love the feel of both guns, especially how the automag is so sturdy. but the bko has that super light sloppy elctro feel that is rippable.

PyRo
10-19-2003, 08:13 PM
****CoughE-magCough***

SkyBoySurfer
10-20-2003, 09:23 AM
dude go with the mag.....its as problim free as a (normal working) M98

I upgraded form a M98 to a minimag and I love my mag to death......the CP berral is great for M98 as well mags...

With the mag you have a lot of room for upgrades as well as style....and its extreamly dependable....if oyu pick up the mag be shure to get the $4.00 instuction viedo on it....its a awsome vid on how to maintain your mag..

i just sold my fully twaked out m98 for 150$ today....

but it realy comes down to personal perfrance.....get what you want to get.

danheneise
02-07-2004, 01:49 AM
my gun shoots +- 20 on a good day. it shoots balls all over the place as well

well saying that he doesn't have good accuracy almsost sounds like a very bad paint to barrel match.

personally out of the choices you have there i would go with the mag, i have only had to change one o-ring on my mag and that was cause i purposly froze the crap out of it with co2, ever since i got n2 i have been on the same o-rings. i also recently got the level 10, i was absolutly amazed at how soft it is, i just used the quick setup instructions, stuck a pen down the breach, fired and the pen didn't even move, so i figured, eh what the heck, and put my finger in there and i could barely feel it touching me finger before it recocks it's self, the only bad thing about my mag is it can get sort of heavy, but even with everything on there, a foregrip, old style boomstick, 68ci 3000psi tank a drop forward and my ricochet ak, it's still noticably lighter than my friends stock '03 cocker