PDA

View Full Version : solution to frozen pbs?

nyy
10-19-2003, 06:29 PM
why dont paintball companies add a salt solution to paintball fills? wouldnt it solve frozen paintballs?

di96
10-21-2003, 07:16 AM
of course they could. just put some anti freeze in there mixture. but cost more money, not healthy for anyone (hehe), and the majority of people don't have a problem with frozen balls. I mean serious is this a actually problem you have? been leaving your case sit in the snow or something?

FreakBaller12
10-21-2003, 03:17 PM
hah why would you freeze your balls?
my dumb friends do it some times and it's great i can get hit like 2-3 times and none of them break

BajaBoy
10-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
hah why would you freeze your balls?
my dumb friends do it some times and it's great i can get hit like 2-3 times and none of them break

if they were Really frozen then they wouldnt "bounce" and your friends are pretty stupid to freeze them:o

PRPB
10-21-2003, 03:41 PM
RPS, diablo, and 32º already make paintballs that don't freeze.

Nick O time
10-21-2003, 04:54 PM
if you put salt in the fill or anti freeze, besides being a health issure wouldnt they like ruin ur google lenses and equipment too???

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
10-21-2003, 05:00 PM
eww salty paintballs + would taste nasty icky

RenagadeOfFunk
10-21-2003, 05:03 PM
...wouldn't salt eat the shells DUH!!!...and salt would absorb the water in the opaint...thus you having weird gucky things with shells on them...then the shells would have dents cause there is less space occuping the insides....damn i hate being smarts... (lol smarts)

Nick O time
10-21-2003, 05:07 PM
those were my exact thoughts, but i am just too lazy to type all of that stuff.:p

RenagadeOfFunk
10-21-2003, 05:11 PM
...exactly

Nick O time
10-21-2003, 05:12 PM
not exactly but along those lines, you catch my drift. lmao i just said catch my drift. wtf lmao:p

RenagadeOfFunk
10-21-2003, 05:22 PM
smmmm....awww dude....thats a stinky drift...

the_next_guy_
10-21-2003, 08:27 PM
32 degreese makes paintballs that dont freeze, isn't that kind of ironic?

swat150
10-22-2003, 11:25 AM
or instead of adding salt, add vodka, it never freezes and plus while waiting to get on the feild players could chat while sucking on a bag of vodka paintballs. And down in russia vodka is cheaper than water. so all in all every body wins.

JT2002
10-22-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by swat150
vodka is cheaper than water. . lol

Paintchucker
10-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf
...wouldn't salt eat the shells DUH!!!...and salt would absorb the water in the opaint...thus you having weird gucky things with shells on them...then the shells would have dents cause there is less space occuping the insides....damn i hate being smarts... (lol smarts)

Somebody needs to go back to science class and pay attention this time. Exactly why would the salt absorb the water??? Last time I checked the earth was mostly covered in water with salt in it...

And if you freeze paintballs, wouldn't the water in them expand like icecubes in the freezer? This would make for tight barrels for sure.

dinger
10-22-2003, 04:50 PM
companies that sell anti-freezing paintballs..

lmao what a joke!!

WHOS GONNA PAY ~70$ FOR A BOX O' FRIGGIN BALLS THAT DONT FREEZE!!

these words mock me... BIGGER BARREL BORE...

so remember! if your balls freeze, either get a UVR lamp in your hopper, or get a bigger barrel :D

also, you might not win the game due to bouncy balls, but at least you can lay some smack down and take out anger on disliked folks ;)

i AM quite the mischeivious little bass turd ;)

Albinonewt
10-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Play indoors.

That should solve the problem.

elpimpo
10-22-2003, 06:36 PM
whats the point of freazing pb's. i mean honestly thats so gay. if i got hit by a frozen ball id go comando on the dude. screw guns id whip his arse with fists. thats not cool at all.

PyRo
10-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Vodka would mean idiots would try to get drunk off paintballs :)
Antifreeze is deadly. All we need is someone dieing from chewing on a couple paintballs.

elpimpo
10-22-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
Vodka would mean idiots would try to get drunk off paintballs :)

but it would put a huge plus to paintball eating contests

JonDaAzn
10-22-2003, 07:21 PM
they already put anti freeze in paintballs, eat a polar ice, its sweet, thats the anti freeze

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
10-22-2003, 08:07 PM
lol i have some year old polar ices (orange fill) ill get back to you when i try

hmm Actually salt could work inside a paintball, yes salt absorbs water but, once you get the salt to saturation or supersaturation in terms to water solubility it wouldnt matter about salt and it dehydrating water and stuff...

RenagadeOfFunk
10-22-2003, 09:34 PM
...this thread sucks...its your own dam fault your balls r frozen....buy some from the freakin' field...

elpimpo
10-22-2003, 10:03 PM
i dont think hes saying his balls are frozen but people hes played against

dansim
10-23-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Paintchucker

Somebody needs to go back to science class and pay attention this time. Exactly why would the salt absorb the water??? Last time I checked the earth was mostly covered in water with salt in it...

did anyone else catch this? wow i feel really really smart can i stand next to you from now on:p

.bolink
10-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Yeah Dansim I was like gee...thanks for that bulletin from the deparpment of the obvious. Anyways. Anti-freeze paintballs more commonly known as winter fill paintballs arent made specificly not to freeze they are made to not be as affected by the colder weather. ie: dont get as brittle.

joeski206
10-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Holy cow how many times must this be said........ frozen paint is a myth!!!! dont think so?? go freeze some....... then try shooting them at different time intervals....... come back and post your results........ IT DOSENT WORK>>>>>>>>>

LeatherPants
10-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Uh yea not a big fan of salty balls.:mad:

Xnuke
11-01-2003, 10:55 PM
The discussion here seems to be assuming there is water inside the paintballs. I believe it's vegetable oil. I also think winter paintballs have a shell that is less brittle. The fill is not any different from other paintballs.

shades
11-07-2003, 12:00 PM
They do put ethylene glycol in paint balls for that purpose. It also make the paint slimy and hard to wipe from goggles and taste sweet.Ethylene glycol is consumable but when it is in antifreeze for your car it is mixed with rust inhibitors, that if consumed WILL cause Kidney failure. The ethylene glycol alone will not. I had a Patient that tried to commit suicide by drinking antifreeze, it gave him a good alcohol buzz and shut down his kidneys. He had to go on dialysis due to the rust inhibitors in it. Chaulk that up as VERY bad suicide attempt.

spyxtra
11-07-2003, 03:28 PM
i have a quick solution to frozen paintballs....
DONT STICK THEM IN A FREEZER

that should keep ur paint nice and normal:D