PDA

View Full Version : Valve Differences??

robertjuric
10-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Anyone care to explain the differences between all the older valves. Im gettin a 68Automag valve and want to know if it uses same exact parts as current classic valve.

Dayspring
10-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Same valve.

PyRo
10-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Well if its that old it could have a differant on-off top, or a PT springs :)
Or be a level 5 or 6 but there are only like 20 of those left out there :(

Yeah its the same thing as he said.

robertjuric
10-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Then why so many different valves?

PyRo
10-19-2003, 08:23 PM
The classic valve, 68 automag, and minimag are all the same thing (never ones might come with a level 10, not sure). These valves will work in any mag besides the RT.

The retro, rt-pro, and e-mag valves are all the same thing(the e-mag valve has a slightly differant on-off pin, but it will still work in any mag besides the rt). Again newer ones might have the level 10, not sure on that.

The RT valve is functionally the same as the retro, but due to its desing only works in the RT.

The X-valve is an rt valve made of aluminum, so it is lighter, and does come with a level 10.

So really you have four differant valves.

PyRo
10-19-2003, 08:26 PM
These damn forums are really screwed up tonight. Not much history, it was made by AGD, I believe it was the first blow forward marker.
The current valve has evolved from a level five up to the level 10 which is available today.
The level 5 (why did it start at 5?) had a removable PT, powertube spring instead of spacer, and a two part barrel. It had some other stuff too, but i'm not sure what.
The level 6 saw an end to the two piece barrel, and a few other things which i'm not sure of.
The early level 7's still had the removable PT tip, but that was done away with. The PT spacer replaced the PT spring. Several differant types of bolts were used (fomie, fomieless, long nose, several variations of the superbolt). Level 7 also saw an idiot proff on-off top that couldn't be put in upside down.
Level 8 and 9 I guess were the RT and Retro valves?
And level 10 is an anti-chop upgrade for the level 7.

robertjuric
10-19-2003, 08:26 PM
ohhhhhhh I see now.

Anyone know the history of the 68Automag valve? Just since Im getting it, Id like to know where it came from. :)

Thanx for all the info guys.

robertjuric
10-19-2003, 11:33 PM
Is it something I should feel special about owning, or is it pretty commonplace?

(lie to me :))

PyRo
10-20-2003, 08:50 AM
Your valve is one of a kind.
Only one came with that serial number :)