PDA

View Full Version : new body/rail design

studley192
10-19-2003, 10:55 PM
Well, i get bored at school a lot, and work too, so i made this drawing of a custom mag. The body rail is already done, and vert asa half assed done, but i still have to get a sluggo, which is gunna be a while since i just bought a ULE.

Also, i forget who did it, but the grip frame is jsut like the angel grip one that someone here made for mags, but a little of my own style. Maybe that guy could try somthing with this body. I forget who it was, though.

Anyway, i also made a ton of sketches of different sear variations. They all had more peices than the ones being used, but used gear ratios for very small pulls and levers for light pulls. i lost that paper though :mad:

So heres my drawing, hopefully thisll fly. Stuff is most likey outta proportion, but its just a sketch.

If anyone wants to try to put this into Autocad or somthing, id be thrilled. If someone wants to even try and mill it (with somthing professional, not the dremel tool like me) i'll have a eyegasm

ill look for my sear drawings and try and get those up too

tell me what you guys think

http://www.sr.neopages.net/thoughts/prototypemag.jpg

Carbon
10-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Word! thats a pretty good rough sketch. Its got good flow, the vert adapter looks kinda neat. Looks comfortable too. It looks expensive to produce as well.

GoatBoy
10-20-2003, 12:40 AM
I think this is a good separation between aesthetics and paintball.

I really like the drawing a lot.

... But I would never want my gun to look like that.

SpecialBlend2786
10-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Actually, that vertical adapter looks like it would go really well with the new AGD rail.

Splat
10-20-2003, 03:21 AM
First off, the valve is back WAY too far...

But it looks pretty good!! It looks a little like the Chord crossed with a Dallara.

Send "nicad" a link to this thread. It might be something worth looking into. He's part of Deadlywind. They made the Dallara and the chord bodies.

danheneise
10-20-2003, 03:10 PM
First off, the valve is back WAY too far...

hmm looks fine to me, the rail stops a little short of the end of the valve but the length is fairly accurate, especially for a sketch, i would definatly be interested in buying one if it was made :D

DWill
10-20-2003, 03:36 PM
That reminds me of the Dragon Timmy.

studley192
10-20-2003, 05:48 PM
yea your right it kinda does look like a dragon timmy i guess. But if something came out for mags that made them look like a dragon/ species, it would be far more affordable, and appeal to old and new players alike, especially new. This would help out with sales. Also, though you shouldnt do this, a whole lot of people choose a gun JUST because of looks. mags are great guns, but in the past have been not to pretty lookin. some people may like to be discreet like that, but i'd love to get a gun out there that just blows people away. I know theres the chord and dallara, but this is a little more extreme. I have no idea how hard it would be to make somthing lik this, but it would definantly grab attention

$tevo
10-20-2003, 07:20 PM
that body and the trigger look mad cool. the body(from the looks of it) would be pretty expensive. but i would deff buy it