PDA

View Full Version : Did CrazyLad get the axe?

beam
10-20-2003, 08:34 AM
I see all of these threads that were last posted by him, but then there is no post by him....

Also, last night we were under 5000 posts neede until a mil. Now we need more than 5000.

:confused:

PyRo
10-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Yeah crazy lad got a 3 day ban. His post count was reset which means we lost about 700. Delete Cphipips post count, and it will take us another 3 weeks to get to one million :)

beam
10-20-2003, 08:42 AM
LOL! No kidding.

Well, are they really cracking down on pw'ing or did he do something stupid?

PyRo
10-20-2003, 08:45 AM
He had alot of posts last night, he replied to everything with:
"that sucks"
"cool"
"yes"
"no"
similar to those having no idea about the subject of the post.

Looks like about 25 of my posts got deleted too :(

cphilip
10-20-2003, 08:54 AM
We just decided to make an example out of him because he was posting just to get the count up and it was more excessive than anything else we had seen in the past.

There were about 40 posts involved. Nothing too major of the overall count. But a lot more than we see normaly in a PW incident. It could have been more if I had chosen to remove ALL of his posts from AO. But I chose just to do the ones he had posted in Friendly that appeared to have no relivance to anything. However after going through them one by one I ended up deleting all of his friendly posts except a handfull. And resetting his post count to Zero did not result in any lost posts on the Main Post meter. Just the removal of the 40 or so in Friendly were taken off that count.

He was banned for three days however he claimed to be Ascreennam3 (in his signature) and that nick has been banned before. It is under review as to if that nick was ever officialy unbanned or not. And if not then he was violating a previous ban. And he knew it. And he was stupid enough to list that name in his title. And then call attention to himself with a mass PW attack. So it could become permanent if so. I do not see any record of that nick ever being unbanned. There at some point has to be an IQ level that is substandard doesn't there? ;)

cphilip
10-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by PyRo
Looks like about 25 of my posts got deleted too :(

I do not know anything about that. I didn't delete any of yours. But if one of the other mods took out a whole thread or two that were started by him or PW by him, then all of them go. And there were at least two of them working on this at the time.

beam
10-20-2003, 09:04 AM
...he really is a crazy lad. :D

Well, I admit to posting more, and maybe not the most useful info, but I agree what he was doing was excessive.

It will come....1,000,000 is inevitable.

cphilip
10-20-2003, 09:11 AM
Well a little is not no big problem. But we just didn't want a huge flood of them to artificialy move the number up like that. But sure...there are always a few here and there which we can overlook.

Part of his problem comes from the issue of wether or not he should even have been here at all. That is still up in the air. He drew attention to that fact when he started the rampage and called notice to himself and his claim to be asceennam3 who was banned. Now that was a bit stupid I think. But we researching it to see. I gotta hear back from the Mod who originaly banned asceennam3 before I can make a call on that.

TheTramp
10-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
There at some point has to be an IQ level that is substandard doesn't there? ;)

Kind of a darwinien selection process. If you are too stupid to not use a banned screen name in your new, rule-violating account, you get trimmed from the herd.

PyRo
10-20-2003, 11:14 AM
The paintball game thread is gone, thats probably where I lost a bunch of posts.

Konigballer
10-20-2003, 11:22 AM
I think you will be ok.

PyRo
10-20-2003, 11:25 AM
25 posts, I think i'm going to die :(

cphilip
10-20-2003, 11:55 AM
25 posts, I think i'm going to die :(

Well if it makes you feel any better I probably have lost over 2000 posts that way. Not only to the big crash where I lost several hundred... but also to posts where I end up arguing with a member for five or six posts and then it ends up all getting deleted anyway. At my own hand! So... it happens.

PyRo
10-20-2003, 12:11 PM
I lost over 2k posts when the forums switched over.

-=Squid=-
10-20-2003, 01:10 PM
Shartley lost several thousand as well, if I remember. That was back in my earlier days.

cphilip
10-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Shartley lost several thousand as well, if I remember. That was back in my earlier days.

Yep. Same time I talking about. Most of us lost a bunch. In fact his whole account was lost if I recall correctly. Several other members lost their entire accounts too. We reset his to an estimate of what we thought it was but it was most likely still not correct.

Konigballer
10-20-2003, 02:17 PM
do people actually care how many post they have? Uhh..I guess thats cool.....

1stdeadeye
10-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Thank you CPhilip!

He was really annoying everyone!

PyRo
10-20-2003, 03:15 PM
Was shartley even around for the one i'm talking about.
I mean from when we went from the old servers and website (same style as the one before AGD bought automags.org), to the newer one.
I'm pretty sure that everyones post count got completley reset, I know mine did. I think I was the first one to 1000 posts two times (or maybie it was first to 2000). Anyway, I know i'm pretty sure no one else had over 2k posts when that happend.

sneakyhacker420
10-20-2003, 06:28 PM
He was banned for three days however he claimed to be Ascreennam3 (in his signature) and that nick has been banned before. It is under review as to if that nick was ever officialy unbanned or not.

yo cphil, CrazyLad had Miscue change his name from Ascreennam3 to Crazylad, which meant that his former screen name had to be disabled and a new name over the same user number

something like that, but he was NEVER banned and WAS REALLY ASN3

Albinonewt
10-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by beam
It will come....1,000,000 is inevitable.

Don't say stuff like that.

Who knows what could happen now that you've cursed us?

P.S.

Dear mods. Please jot down Beam's adress and keep it handy for me. If a comet or something smashed into the servers making it impossible for us to reach 1,000,000 I am so kicking his arse!

cphilip
10-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Was shartley even around for the one i'm talking about.
I mean from when we went from the old servers and website (same style as the one before AGD bought automags.org), to the newer one.
I'm pretty sure that everyones post count got completley reset, I know mine did. I think I was the first one to 1000 posts two times (or maybie it was first to 2000). Anyway, I know i'm pretty sure no one else had over 2k posts when that happend.

No he wasn't. It was the server crash time I was talking about. We lost like two weeks because the server was not properly backed up. We lost everything that happened in those two or so weeks. I was not talking about the change over time. Many were lost then too.

I am waiting on Miscue to inform me of that. But Ascreennam3 was indeed banned at one time. And there is no note as to how long nor any note reinstatin him... according to the records. But I do not know anything more about this swap. That may have indeed occured but the fact is Ascreennam3 was banned for something at one time. Its Miscues call on that one by what he can remember.

PyRo
10-20-2003, 09:41 PM
I'm just curious, what does a ban do, prevent you from seeing the site, prevent you from reading the forums, or just prevent your from posting/ accessing your acount?

FooTemps
10-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Wow... cphil has double what I have... and I was actually within 1000 posts of him once... ::sigh::

PyRo
10-20-2003, 09:58 PM
I was well above him once, then I came back for like a month and was running neck and neck with him switching on and off for 1st, then I left again and came back to find quite a challange, but I will get there :)
Hey if I hadn't lost my 2k posts, I would only be 4k posts behind.

gamarada717
10-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Only 4k...

FooTemps
10-20-2003, 10:01 PM
I was well above him once, then I came back for like a month and was running neck and neck with him switching on and off for 1st, then I left again and came back to find quite a challange, but I will get there :)
Hey if I hadn't lost my 2k posts, I would only be 4k posts behind.

Hahaha, was that before or after my attempt?

Those were the good ole days... when AO was small and 100% free of pbn style morons...

Originally posted by gamarada717
Only 4k...

lol, 4k is nothing... It took me 1/2 a year to hit 2.5k... and on the first week(4 or 5 days) of my membership of AO, I averaged 100 posts per day. Okay, maybe it was 75... I forgot... It was 2 years and a month ago... lol

PyRo
10-20-2003, 10:03 PM
I miss those days. I'm all for a "Classic AO Forum" you have to be registered before like nov 2001 to get in :)

FooTemps
10-20-2003, 10:05 PM
I miss those days. I'm all for a "Classic AO Forum" you have to be registered before like nov 2001 to get in :)

Man... we aren't part of the true pre AGD classic forum though... lol, still... pre christmas 2001 was great

PyRo
10-20-2003, 10:06 PM
I think I actually found this forum before AGD owned it, then I lost the link and joined like 9 months later like 2 months after they bought it. I'm not quite sure when the obtained it.

FooTemps
10-20-2003, 10:10 PM
I think I actually found this forum before AGD owned it, then I lost the link and joined like 9 months later like 2 months after they bought it. I'm not quite sure when the obtained it.

Ahhh, that's so old school... lol I missed it by a year man. 2000 was right when I DISCOVERED paintball.

PyRo
10-20-2003, 10:13 PM
You N00b!!!!!
I will school you with my Vulcan with 20in Custome sniper barrel 200x scope, laster site, silencer and ghillie suit!

FooTemps
10-20-2003, 10:19 PM
I'll school you with the senior project I'm planning out next year... can you say pod round electro semi-auto cannon with hopper/clip?

PyRo
10-20-2003, 10:21 PM
You damn younins with your angels and your auto whatchmacalems back in the day we threw our paintballs with our bear hands. In fact we didn't even have paintballs, we used bingo markers.

FooTemps
10-20-2003, 11:15 PM
lol, I was throwing paintballs and shooting them with a slingshot on sunday... it was fun...

Nick O time
10-20-2003, 11:28 PM
anyways i just read the one about his original screen name being banned. it was never banned though, he got it changed by Miscue. he never got banned so don't think he was trying to illegally come back on to the forums. yes i do agree with ur bann because he was pw this place up but he was not doing it illegally. just to let everyone know this so he doesnt get a perminant bann or sumtin.

shartley
10-21-2003, 05:53 AM
No, I was not around for the Pre-AGD site. I just want folks to hear it from ME.

It seems that some folks get upset when other members think I was around from the beginning, yet I never EVER claimed that…. nor even tried to act like it. I joined after AGD purchased it all and put up the new site. And I was a lurker for quite some time before that.

Now, let’s get another myth out of the way while I am at it… I am NOT a Moderator for AO either. And in fact I never claimed I was, nor insinuated it. It is yet another misconception that seems to pop up from time to time. And then when it does, some folks get upset as if I am going around trying to fool people. I AM NOT. LOL

I served as a Temporary Moderator a couple years ago during a time when the other Mods were off at an event… period. End of story.

Side note: Seems to me that there are a lot of misconceptions floating around AO… the forum that boasts to be about facts and the truth. ;) I hope this clears up at least two of them. :D

PyRo
10-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Hmm, people need to look at your registration date and be smacked thinking you were here before AGD...

shartley
10-21-2003, 07:04 AM
Hmm, people need to look at your registration date and be smacked thinking you were here before AGD...
No... that date is wrong. VERY wrong. ;) That date however can be used to show one of the last server "glitches" though.

PyRo
10-21-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by shartley

No... that date is wrong. VERY wrong. ;) That date however can be used to show one of the last server "glitches" though.
Oh

cphilip
10-21-2003, 12:16 PM
If I am recalling correctly Sams actual join date was about March of 2001. I recall I had not been registered long before I recall him first posting and us having our first interaction. A very friendly one about kids and all. I think it was in March... early March of 2001. Thats the one he lost.

cphilip
10-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Well after further checking on Crazy this is the information I have....

He claimed to be asceennam3 who is listed banned. By his own statement in his title.

If we take that at face value then he was back here against the rules.

Miscue cannot and did not change any names. He could ask for them to be done but he does not know anything about this part of the claim.

So by his own hand and his own stupidity....he is permanently banned.

Primarily for coming back as a banned user. And knowingly doing so.

And, of course, openly proclaiming that in his title was the tip off that he was. sometimes people use a new User name and its for some other reason. but then by flooding posts he called attention to that and that made me go look closely at him. Then I go and look back through the old records to see if that name had been banned. And there it was! DooooH!!!!! Thats pretty dumb.

Miscue
10-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

yo cphil, CrazyLad had Miscue change his name from Ascreennam3 to Crazylad, which meant that his former screen name had to be disabled and a new name over the same user number

something like that, but he was NEVER banned and WAS REALLY ASN3

Not true. I can't even change my own name, otherwise it would be: SuperPimpTrippingTheLightFantastic

I originally banned him for continual acts of stupidity, despite being warned to stop.

PyRo
10-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Hmm, thats an interesting name :)

cphilip
10-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Miscue

Not true. I can't even change my own name, otherwise it would be: SuperPimpTrippingTheLightFantastic

I originally banned him for continual acts of stupidity, despite being warned to stop.

Want me to change it to that Miscue? :D

If Crazy has another story he wants me to investigate I will be glad too. But that dog don't hunt. however I will say that ascreennam3's account is missing. So I am not ruling out some kind of name change occured but it would have been a banned name that was changed and Miscue did not do it. So far the story ain't right.

He can contact me directly if he likes. cphilip@starband.net

PyRo
10-21-2003, 03:18 PM
I guess that answers my question if you are banned you can still read AO, just not access your account.

Miscue
10-21-2003, 03:21 PM

Want me to change it to that Miscue? :D

Nah, I realized I would have to make a really long sig pic for that.

FutureMagOwner
10-21-2003, 03:26 PM
lol this threads funny how it went from just some idiot spamming to the history of ao.

i forget when i joined probably december or something i remember posting like 4 or 5 times then left for like months since i bought a cocker :rolleyes:

SuperPimpTrippingTheLightFantastic i think im gunna have to quote that

sneakyhacker420
10-21-2003, 03:46 PM

that date is from his pervious name, ascreennam3, all they did was reset his post count and changed his name to crazylad

if you didnt delete all his posts in pie, i would have proof to show you that he posted about getting his name changed by miscue!!!

sneakyhacker420
10-21-2003, 03:50 PM
whatever... you guys wanna do, you have power over me, so do as you please

but i seriously think that crazy never did anything besides some PWing in the friendly coner

he was a friend of mine and a regular poster on pie revolution, but whatever

this doesnt even make sense anymore

but he explained ot me that one of the mods changed his name from ascreennam3 to CrazyLad, and he told me that if i wanted to change my name, i'd just have to ask webby, and the same registration date and stuff would stay, but your post count would disappear

BobTheCow
10-21-2003, 03:52 PM

that date is from his pervious name, ascreennam3, all they did was reset his post count and changed his name to crazylad

if you didnt delete all his posts in pie, i would have proof to show you that he posted about getting his name changed by miscue!!!
yeah, what he said...

PyRo
10-21-2003, 03:57 PM

that date is from his pervious name, ascreennam3

We were talking about Shartlys join date.... (I think)

Miscue
10-21-2003, 04:00 PM

I CANNOT change anyone's name, my access privileges don't allow that. Only an admin can do that.

PyRo
10-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Its a conspiricy, it probably is crazylad again. he needs a banning.

sneakyhacker420
10-21-2003, 04:18 PM
oh ok

he mentioned miscue for some reason if i recall it correctly... but i know that he got his name changed

and BTW, i'm sneakyhacker420, not crazylad with a new name

i began the pie revolution, and i have hundreds of people to vow for that, and i always have been sneakyhacker420, nothing other than that

shartley
10-21-2003, 04:19 PM
If I am recalling correctly Sams actual join date was about March of 2001. I recall I had not been registered long before I recall him first posting and us having our first interaction. A very friendly one about kids and all. I think it was in March... early March of 2001. Thats the one he lost.
I believe you are correct… or close enough for Government work. ;)

Seems like a long time ago though doesn’t it? I don’t think the Hoover Dam has seen as much water pass through it than went under this bridge.

Um… hold on….

We were talking about Shartlys join date.... (I think)
YUP! :D

cphilip
10-21-2003, 04:47 PM
HEY! It worked! I never knew I could do that! I changed Sams join date!!! Whooot!

And again guys I am willing to listen to reason. But Miscue has told you he could not change his name. And I know that is a fact. So please, if there is some mistake, have him email me. And we talk about it. But we do know that asreenam3 was indeed banned and never unbanned. We do know that. So it better be a plausable reason for me to reverse the decision. But if there is any way I can I certainly will give him another chance. But tell him DO NOT post here under another name and get caught in the mean time while we talk this out. That would be doom.

cphilip
10-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Awwww this sucks...I was trying to change mine to the day I was born :D ...but for some reason it does not recognise and display Jul 1956 it shows Dec 1969! Even though I stuck in the right stuff and its in there. Must be some thing limiting in the software somewhere doesn't even recognise 1956....but one would thing 69 was a bit old too.

Wierd.

shartley
10-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Awwww this sucks...I was trying to change mine to the day I was born :D ...but for some reason it does not recognise and display Jul 1956 it shows Dec 1969! Even though I stuck in the right stuff and its in there. Must be some thing limiting in the software somewhere doesn't even recognise 1956....but one would thing 69 was a bit old too.

Wierd.
Yes, I looked back at some of my VERY old posts and it said my reg. date was Dec 1969 as well.

cphilip
10-21-2003, 05:07 PM
What in the world? Pfffft.... who knows.

But not being able to put something more rediculous as the date is killing the whole effect of what I wanted to acheive. I wanted REDICULOUS... well...69 might be...but it doesn't relate to anything though.

BobTheCow
10-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Yes, I looked back at some of my VERY old posts and it said my reg. date was Dec 1969 as well.
Yeah, I remember seeing that in the revived 9/11 thread... "wierd"... so glad we got rid of that spell check. :rolleyes: :D

FutureMagOwner
10-21-2003, 06:10 PM
ascreename probably got banned and made a new account and then said a mod changed it hence why posts disappeared( they didnt hes just lieing to his friends) because steerat was changed to steelrat like it was supposed to be and it was still functioning :)

cphilip
10-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Let me explain something.

If an Admin was to change your name.... your post count would remain the same.

And all other things would remain the same. But only an admin could do that the way the access is set up now. No post counts would be reset unless the Admin did it deliberately. It would not be automaticly reset like you seem to think. And if he had his name changed it would from ascreenam3 it would indeed make asceenam3 disappear. Thats why I want him to tell me who changed it and when and if he was back unbanned when he had it done. Then if he can explain that and behave I would reinstate him. Heck I coulda changed it for him. But I do not recall doing it. And it would not be something we would record. So it would be something I could forget. But so far the story I hearing is not anything that can be verified. Nor can it be correct. I will listen to him directly. Have him contact me. My email is already here.

sneakyhacker420
10-21-2003, 07:39 PM
havent seen him on AOL for the past 2 weeks phil :(

FutureMagOwner
10-21-2003, 08:00 PM
phil what i think he did was got banned for whatever reason so he came back and tried to tell people his name was changed which makes sense why his post count was "reset in the change"

PyRo
10-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Well, it was reset now because of lots of PWing, so no reason to worry about it now...

cphilip
10-21-2003, 08:11 PM
That is possible... but what concerns me is where did the account for ascreenam3 go? It would not have been deleted if that were the case. So what concerns me is that I do not want to do an injustice that might be just a matter of a missing record. So I do want to get to the bottom of this. I do not want to deny anyone access to this site for invalid reasons that are just clerical errors. That would bother me.

I do recall changing a few names over time. But all those were legit as far as I know. Typo's and such. But all those are not recorded. Although I might start keeping a seperate record of them now. And most them would have been in PM exchanges. Which got deleted recently. So if I did change his then I did not realize he was banned and did not check the record before I did it. And that is not typical of me but then again I am not infallable. And if that is the case I want to make sure I do the right thing. But I cannot without his talking to me. If he choses not to then I not really going to worry about it. But if he does explain then I will reconsider based on what I hear.

cphilip
10-21-2003, 08:15 PM
yes. No matter what, the reset count was deserved and will stand. Its the permanent ban that I want to review and keep an open mind about.

BobTheCow
10-21-2003, 08:34 PM
I can't offer any help as far as why he was listed as banned or anything of the sort, but I *can* shoot down the theory that he created crazylad when ascreenam3 got banned... simply because the "registered" date of CL stayed the same as it was for ASN... unless he created CL at the same time he created ASN, and just kept it on the DL, which I sincerely doubt.

Wow, too many abbreviations are making my head spin...

cphilip
10-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Yep.. thats one of the charicteristics. Besides the post count. So that is why I am still clawing around looking for a logical explanation. Have not been satisfied with what I got so far. I not going to let it lie until I am sure I have now unjustly screwed him. At this point I do not have enough of a warm fuzzy over it to let it go. Too many odd things that make me doubt my action here.

cphilip
10-22-2003, 06:59 PM
In the interest of fairness and uncertainty I am going to grant amnesty to Crazylad...

Behave.

sneakyhacker420
10-22-2003, 07:35 PM
yo, i was just talkin to crazy/ASN3 on AIM today, and he let me know that it was RobAGD who changed it, he talked to him in the AO IRC chat and had him change it

also... why would a person who had their name banned, intentionally put Formerly Ascreennam3 as their 'title'?

FreakBaller12
10-22-2003, 07:36 PM
amnesty? lemme go look it up cuz i smart like that

amnesty-A general pardon granted by a government, especially for political offenses.

CrazyLad
10-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Cphil I emailed you.

cphilip
10-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Got it an replied

What I think happened is he was banned and at some point he was reinstated. But the reinstatement action did not get recorded in the records. So I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that is what happened. Thats what I am deciding to do.

Why indeed would someone put a banned name in their title you ask? Hell...I dunno... only two things I can think of. A they stupid or B they didn't think they were banned. I decided, in spite of plenty of evidence of option A, that it was more likely option B! :D

PyRo
10-23-2003, 09:46 AM
He called me gay in another thread, I think he should be banned again :)

beam
10-23-2003, 09:54 AM
He called me gay in another thread, I think he should be banned again :)

I thought they had established that he never really was banned. But it would be fun just to ban him anyway....seeing as the party is tonight. :D

PyRo
10-23-2003, 10:01 AM
He was banned at one point a while ago, and got unbanned. Then he had Rob change his name, then he get a 3 days a few days ago for PWing, and now was mean to be and should be banned again :)

cphilip
10-23-2003, 10:19 AM
He was banned at one point a while ago, and got unbanned. Then he had Rob change his name, then he get a 3 days a few days ago for PWing

That is fairly much what I conclude happened.

PyRo
10-23-2003, 12:33 PM
What in the world? Pfffft.... who knows.

But not being able to put something more rediculous as the date is killing the whole effect of what I wanted to acheive. I wanted REDICULOUS... well...69 might be...but it doesn't relate to anything though.
Umm, 69 does relate to somthing :)

1stdeadeye
10-23-2003, 09:17 PM
He called me gay in another thread, I think he should be banned again

.....but you are gay!

:p

PyRo
10-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Am not!

sneakyhacker420
10-23-2003, 10:12 PM