PDA

View Full Version : Whats the limit on BPS

Lohman446
10-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Ok, using legal triggers, and I'm not talking the guns you touch the body and fire three shots off what do you think is the fastest balls per second that can be attained - even with shoot down.

I mean, I look at the markers capable of 30 (some are claiming) 40 cycles per second. Thats all good and fine but what purpose do they serve. I can figure myself to shoot 10 balls per second on my mag, maybe fifteen on a good electro... I know there are some people out there who can shoot faster... and those outshooting your halos check your batteries... my understanding is that short bursts the halo may actually feed much higher than 25bps.

My question is, in all honesty, what is that magic number that rate of fire caps at. 100 balls per second and 200 balls per second would make no difference, no one can get there. I figure the point I find that at to be 10 for me, I'm thinking its in the mid, possibly high twenties for the quickest out there. Am I nuts, is it down to the point that balls per second will be the holy grail of paintball for quite some time.

adam shannon
10-20-2003, 08:16 PM
your hopper.

Lohman446
10-20-2003, 08:18 PM
sorry, should have specified, lets assume we can get hoppers to keep up (I realize we have not yet). So we might have to be adding fuel to our hoppers rather than batteries and the little two stroke engines are likely going to be noisey...

FreakBaller12
10-20-2003, 08:28 PM
probably 30 cps or a little higher is my guess

Dayspring
10-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Remember- CYCLES per second and BALLS per second are two totally different things.

Cycles per second doesn't need to worry about a ball dropping in the breach.

BALLS per second does.

camilion705
10-20-2003, 08:43 PM
in my opinion, BPS should be capped at around 10-15.

Faster than that just makes the game a shooting fest with loss of real skill.

my 2 cents

cphilip
10-20-2003, 09:11 PM
I think it should be 1 per second so I have a chance....

H4V0C Z3|20
10-20-2003, 09:13 PM
i would say a good 25-30 bps. check out videos of the WAS Eqaulizer Board in action :p

FooTemps
10-20-2003, 09:20 PM
I'd say 18 to 20 bps without cheat mode (debounce settings). This is only achievable through raking an a roller trigger though.

Jeffy-CanCon
10-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by camilion705
in my opinion, BPS should be capped at around 10-15.

Faster than that just makes the game a shooting fest with loss of real skill.

my 2 cents

Been playing long? Ten years ago 6-7 BPS was considered a lot of firepower. A lot of people might say the game became a paint-throwing contest before we hit even that mark. Laning a stream of paint at 10-15BPS is a heck of a lot less skillful than leading a moving target to hit him with a single ball. Not to say that the modern game doesn't require as much skill, just a different set of skills.

That said, the practical limit on ROF is probably in the high teens or low twenties. Very few players can reach those rates, even with the best gear.

Sparq
10-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I think it should be 1 per second so I have a chance....

You and me both. I've never had fast fingers, and probably never will.

FooTemps
10-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Sparq

You and me both. I've never had fast fingers, and probably never will.

Heh, tons of people in your boat... just play front and snapshoot! lol

Wc Keep
10-21-2003, 09:23 AM
i dont think that anyone can physically hit 20+bps on a true semi only mode.

edit without raking the trigger.

hitech
10-21-2003, 12:03 PM
I thought that no one could ever hit 12 bps. But I was only thinking of actually PULLING the trigger. Fanning, walking, raking... Who knows what someone will come up with next.

p8ntball72
10-21-2003, 12:32 PM
weird how your not allowed on a field with a full auto tippman {10-12 bps}
but a its ok to "walk on" with a W.A.S. Timmy or Impulse.
has there been any new mask tests by the ASTM at these new rates of fire?

tony3
10-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Eventually we'll get to a point were the hoppers are pushing the balls in so hard they break um, I can't wait to see what the next insane gun is, that you can hit 20+ bps easily

elpimpo
10-21-2003, 10:21 PM
y should there be a limit. if you can do it more power to you.

Bolter
10-22-2003, 08:27 AM
on a true semi mode I have heard stories of 18bps. But no more than that. I can hit 16bps at a push but would never try it in a game as I would prefer to go a little slower and actually try to hit the guy rather than scare him with some noise :)

With the 3.0 software I can hit whatever I set the x-mag on without even really trying that hard. Its fantastic!!

:D

bryceeden
10-23-2003, 03:07 PM
I think with Doc's center pivot trigger (http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/rockingtrigger.jpg) 25-30 would be fairly easy actually. I bet the internals of some markers could do 50+ with tons of shoot down, but no one will ever shoot that fast.

spyxtra
10-23-2003, 03:27 PM

exactly if u can push out 50 bps on semi then u should be able to shoot that fast in a tourny, its not unfair because each time he pushs in the trigger it shoots 1 ball. each time someone else wiht a slower bps pulls teh trigger it shoots 1 ball. is this unfair maybe due to teh fact taht its 50 bps but then again its not because ur both shooting the exact same way.:D ;)

Jeffy-CanCon
10-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo

The question was more like "what do you think is the highest ROF people will ever reach?"

No one in this thread has seriously suggested that an "official" limit be imposed. Most people realize that it will almost certainly never happen. When the eventual ROF limit is reached, it will be because of physical constraints such as valve cycling, trigger activation, and the hopper feed system.

For example, the practical ROF limit on a single-barreled machinegun seems to be about 1200 rds/minute (20/sec). At that rate, the barrels overheat quickly, and have to be frequently changed. Higher ROF has been reached by using multi-barrel weapons to allow cooling time between firing each barrel.

FutureMagOwner
10-23-2003, 04:56 PM
theoretically speaking if there werent any limitations from the gun stand point on current firing methods i could see around 18 bps sustained at the most.

H4V0C Z3|20
10-24-2003, 10:38 PM
is fanning/raking(same right?) legal?

Bolter
10-27-2003, 09:24 AM
fanning or raking is a way to pull the trigger rather than a gun mod.:)

big E kingpin
10-27-2003, 03:12 PM
i think he is asking if it is a leagal method of pulling the trigger. i have never been pulled for it. i have my emagnum board capped at 22bps and its a scary thing to have it set on full auto (why i never do). with out a roller trigger, i have shot 18 across a crono running my finger up and down a stock emag trigger. so 18 is not unatainable.