PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm officially in the camp against Credit Card kids playing painball

Albinonewt
10-21-2003, 05:56 AM
I know this discussion has gone on a million times and I've never really minded the kids that play paintball with mommy's credit card until the other day. I was in the paintball store (out of stock on your cocker conversion Deadeye, I'm checking back this week) and there were a hoard of 12 year olds and their mom looking to buy paintball guns.

They all got their eyes fixed a yellow milled cocker with the oracle parts (at IAO the Worr guys were calling it the Custom Cocker, I don't know what they're calling it now). It was on sale for $1,300 and all the kids were begging their mom for it because they wanted the "yellow" one. One kid was allowed to get that so the other ones had to split up an 03' shocker, a Matrix, and one kid got a Spyder (shutter I think) because he liked the green. Then he got an E-mag too so he spent as much as the other kids (the E-Mag now being the only high end gun left on the rack).

They were racing around the store just grabbing this and that and when all was said and done their mom must have charged 7 or 8 grand on her credit card before heading out in her Lexus SUV.

The kids didn't even know what the guns were called. They had no idea what they were buying, they just knew to buy the expensive ones. I'm all for the sport growing and including all ages and all kinds of people, but they didn't know the name of their guns!

Jaasper
10-21-2003, 06:41 AM
I bet the shop owner doesn't agree with you , :) besides 6 months down the road when they lose interest, you can pick up the equipment cheap.

shartley
10-21-2003, 06:50 AM
I have to agree that it just sticks in my craw when I see purchases like that. But I will be honest about why it bothers me personally….

It has nothing to do with them not knowing what they are buying. It has to with me NOT being able to walk into a shop and do the same thing, for me or my children (although I would KNOW what I was getting). Yup, you got it, the ugly green monster rearing its head… jealousy.

But I get over it, and it does not affect my life one bit past the initial first 5 minutes. ;)

ashriel28
10-21-2003, 07:00 AM
not only that, but i think these kinds of kids are the ones most likely to put their eyes out, or go around the neighborhood shooting at random things/people/animals. All of which gives the rest of us a bad image.

dansim
10-21-2003, 07:00 AM
you should have had the shop owner throw in a gun for you lol, they would have never noticed;)

bryceeden
10-21-2003, 07:34 AM
Why don't kids like that ever come in my shop?:confused: I agree, nothing bothers me more that an 8 yearold with an e-cocker that dosn't even know what is. But it is funny when the timing slips.

kosmo
10-21-2003, 07:38 AM
When I get the money and have kids, Im buying my son a Ferrarri with a set of matching ferrarri red xmags in the trunk as soon as he completes drivers ed/racing school. Until then, hell be lucky to get food stamps :p

-=Squid=-
10-21-2003, 07:42 AM
yup...its official...I caught the jealousy bug. Ive never heard of something like this, to this extreme anyways. My god...

pbcustom98
10-21-2003, 08:07 AM
i hope they all run their brand new markers on straight c02, and spend money to fix it..until they get soooo irritated by it and just quit...then we can all benefit from it for getting the markers for soooo cheap..

*looks at stock mag with xvalve* why yes, im green right now.

Konigballer
10-21-2003, 09:29 AM
being bit by the jelousy bug is nothing new for me, it happens everytime I watch "cribs" on mtv:)..........:(

Jack & Coke
10-21-2003, 11:39 AM
jeal·ous
adj.

Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position.

Resentful or bitter in rivalry; envious: jealous of the success of others.

Inclined to suspect rivalry.

Having to do with or arising from feelings of envy, apprehension, or bitterness: jealous thoughts.

Ah... what would we do without character flaws..

GT
10-21-2003, 12:22 PM
You got it or you dont..........

Dont hate the playa'; hate the game:eek:

jb;)

BajaBoy
10-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by dansim
you should have had the shop owner throw in a gun for you lol, they would have never noticed;)

good thinking:D

Jeffy-CanCon
10-21-2003, 02:25 PM
You can put me down as 'opposed to credit-card kids', too.

I'll confess a little jealousy at the shiny gear and deep pockets, but I'm pretty happy with what I have now, really. I've usually been able to resist the temptation to buy shiny new toys even when offered a nice discount.

But these are the same kids whose parents drop them off at the fields in the morning with a credit card and expect the field staff to babysit. The kids parents are trying to substitute affection and quality time with expensive toys (yeah, I know - a pball gun is not a toy). I don't think that's good for anyone.

Micromag man!
10-21-2003, 02:58 PM
arg, i was chillin in the shop a while back ago chatting with some buddies who worked there, while fixing my micromag with RT and benchy, when these 2 kidds came in. one looked about 11 and the other looked about 12. i overhear the conversation while maintaining my mag and what not. "mom, look at those big tanks right there" -store employee "umm, thats a nitrogen tank" "how much for it?" "250$, for that one, and 300$ for that one" "mom, can i get that one?" -Mom"i dunno... i just bought u 2 brand new guns here yesterday" then the younger one whips out a BEAUTIFUL cocker, and the other one whips out a BEAUTIFUL angel of some kind... the jealusy bug hit me right there. i was like wtf.. im sitting here trying to scrape up money to replace my home made drop foward with a spoon, and they r buying 2 nitrogen tanks with their mommies credit card, and they have no idea what it even does. Mike (the guy who owns the shop) just looked at me and shook his head, cuz he knew that i was struck by the jealousy bug, and knew that i had basically 0$ to even play... just burns me up, lol. they knew nothing about the sport BTW.

Thordic
10-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Jeffy-CanCon
(yeah, I know - a pball gun is not a toy).

Anything can be a toy if you treat it like one. Some things were just not meant to be treated as toys.

tony3
10-21-2003, 03:06 PM
I saw a 12 year old(i think)at my field with a shocktech imp, and all the works, but he was good so I don't really mind.

yeahthatsme
10-21-2003, 03:10 PM
OMG i hate them little kids....i bet they bought 9 oz co2 tanks 2 didnt they? prolly went away talking about how their gonna snipe in their backyards....i HATE that...it makes me mad...mad like :mad:

Miscue
10-21-2003, 03:11 PM
I need a new mom.

Big'n slo
10-21-2003, 03:18 PM
I need a Sugar momma...

snoogans
10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
holy crap i want to find these kids, and beat them senseless then take all their guns! they will have no clue wtf to do with them. i bet WHEN the kids cocker breaks he'll throw it away. the kid with the emag prolly won't have any problems tho ;)

Nick O time
10-21-2003, 03:25 PM
i will admit i am a little spoiled, my parents bought me some of my guns (not all of em) but this is just too much. even i wouldn't ask my parents for all those guns. i would feel bad even if my parents were rich. the thing that pisses me off the most though is these kids don't even know the name of the guns they got. also i would be willing to bet none of them bought masks or even knew they needed masks to use their fancy new guns. o i am also willing to bet they will try to run c02 on their guns if they even know that they need a power supply for the guns at all.

Cliffio
10-21-2003, 03:30 PM
i bet she was a milf

-=Squid=-
10-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Nick O time
i will admit i am a little spoiled, my parents bought me some of my guns (not all of em) but this is just too much. even i wouldn't ask my parents for all those guns. i would feel bad even if my parents were rich. the thing that pisses me off the most though is these kids don't even know the name of the guns they got. also i would be willing to bet none of them bought masks or even knew they needed masks to use their fancy new guns. o i am also willing to bet they will try to run c02 on their guns if they even know that they need a power supply for the guns at all. your also 13, not old enough to work, and have an xmag :rolleyes:

snoogans
10-21-2003, 03:42 PM
lol uh dude, he has a job at his dad's company: miracle homes...he's 15 in december, and his x-mag was paid mostly by him...y don't u find out the truth b4 jumping to conclusions :rolleyes: http://www.miracle-homes.com/

JT2002
10-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Have no fear!!! wanna be able to spend $$$$$$$$ like them? thats what this beautiful game is for...
http://www.megamillions.com/images/logo_mm_small.gif
:rolleyes: :D :D :D
22 MILLION TONIGHT!!!!!! i got my ticket :D :D

DWill
10-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Heh I went in my shop 3 or so years ago to get my mag, on burrowed money that I have now payed back, and started telling her what I wanted exactly, names and functions, then she goes to the person and points to the flatline I want and says if there is something that does the basic same thing but is cheaper :D. Needless to say I went out with a lot less than I wanted, but boy did it make paying her back for it easier.

So, yes it makes me mad too to see that go on, but we must all admit that as kids we would of loved that too. Plus if they do treat it decently, learn how to take care of their stuff and play the game, then I have no problem with it. They are just fortunate enough to get the gear we don't :).

RenagadeOfFunk
10-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Im in...thats too much to spend at once...i haven't even owned 8k all together in my life...im only about $6,999.13...oh wait i jsut got a check in for $45..ok so i have had $7,044.13 in my life...BUT I STILL HATE those kids....why cant bill gates donate a 1.5k gun to me :( it would take him 15seconds to earn that much...GAHHH i hate him now...unless he wants to share the wealth my way...

-=Squid=-
10-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by snoogans
lol uh dude, he has a job at his dad's company: miracle homes...he's 15 in december, and his x-mag was paid mostly by him...y don't u find out the truth b4 jumping to conclusions :rolleyes: http://www.miracle-homes.com/ Oh, hes FIFTEEN... I certainly wish my dad would gimme a job at his factory, he even admitted to having guns paid for by his parents, whether he paid for his X or not. Im still jealous, and thats what counts.

Nick O time
10-21-2003, 03:59 PM
i know how much resale those things have and must be worth a fortune. its sweet cuz its black u know. lol just kiddin squid no hard feelings

Miscue
10-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Ha... I'd like a job to be handed to me. :D

-=Squid=-
10-21-2003, 04:04 PM
i know how much resale those things have and must be worth a fortune. its sweet cuz its black u know. lol just kiddin squid no hard feelings Ya, im just jealous...im so sad, all I have is this stupid LCD that I cant trade for <B>*POOF*</B>.

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

tony3
10-21-2003, 05:10 PM
My parents got me my first 98c for xmas a few years ago, and got me a 2k3 cocker for xmas, well they paid 250, I paid the rest, and they helped me buy my impulse, but that once again is my xmas present. So I dont think Im that spoiled.

My dad is the one that helps me buy all this stuff, but hes the one that complains about me buying it. I actually thinks he likes me playing paintball. He'll always volunteer to take me to the field even if my mom is suppose to take me. My parents are cool.

bornl33t
10-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by shartley
I have to agree that it just sticks in my craw when I see purchases like that. But I will be honest about why it bothers me personally….

It has nothing to do with them not knowing what they are buying. It has to with me NOT being able to walk into a shop and do the same thing, for me or my children (although I would KNOW what I was getting). Yup, you got it, the ugly green monster rearing its head… jealousy.

But I get over it, and it does not affect my life one bit past the initial first 5 minutes. ;)

in reality spoiled kids grow up spoiled adults, they are a life long problem to "normal" people, and it's a gene that NEEDS to be controled. But yeah, rich ppl control the world so it's not like it's something we will be able to change...

Rope a Dope
10-21-2003, 05:34 PM
it just sticks in my craw

?!?!?!?!

Stotic
10-21-2003, 06:00 PM
I've never spent a penny of my parents on paintball...unfortunately. damn richies

GT
10-21-2003, 06:08 PM
It’s a real simple formula for success.

Grad HS, Grad College, Work, while working hit the books in Grad school, network your ace off; continue perusing education in the form of terminal degree and certs. Trust me the money comes.

Trust me when I have kids that are old enough to respect the game, paintball and the hustle, I will buy them dam near whatever they want. Granted they better be busting the butt in school.....

Any of you guys can have that kind of success just get off your *** and into the game.

WarBUCKs
10-21-2003, 06:09 PM
That just deserves a big "Wow." I can't believe people (parents) do things like that. Having money is one thing, but spending it ridiculously is another.

shartley
10-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope
?!?!?!?!
Puts a bur in my saddle…
Gets my goat…
Rattles my cage..
Gets me riled…
Upsets me greatly…
Lights my fuse…
Chaps my rear…
Heats me up…
Pisses me off…
Gets my dander up…
Sets me off…
Makes me mad…
Etc.

;)

But more so… aggravates me greatly. :D

Matt_mg
10-21-2003, 06:31 PM
In the US, 10% of the population pays 50% of the taxes (billions needless to say) that gives you an idea how rich these people can be...

Well AT LEAST she has kids and isn'T LEAVING A HERITAGE TO HER ********* DOG...

Ov3rmind
10-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Sometimes I ask God why I wasn't born into a rich family.

JT2002
10-21-2003, 06:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what was that last sentence?????????????

edit. thats for mat

GoatBoy
10-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Heheh... I dunno, I don't particularly feel much of a jealous twinge when I see that. I'll look at stuff and think to myself, "Wow, that's a lot of money", but the fact in itself doesn't cause any jealousy in me.

It only annoys me on other levels, like when they buy a gun too complicated for them to handle, and they break it in the middle of a game, and they happen to be on MY team.

And the other level is of a more political nature, being that these are the kids (and parents!) who fuel a lot of the trends of stupidity that are perpetrated by paintball companies. And unfortunately this does have an effect on me.

I guess I'm just way too complacent with my gun. Someone offered to trade an 03 shocker for my mag (ULE, intelliframe, X-Valve -- nothing special at all), and quite frankly, I told him no. The gun never breaks down, always finds its mark, and feels comfortable in my hands. It's not that the 03 is a bad gun; it's one of the few electros that I actually do like, it's just that I love my mag. I couldn't care less what other people are buying, because my stuff works, and I'm just happy to have more targets to shoot at.

Course, I don't have kids of my own so I can't say firsthand if I would feel THAT kind of jealousy. Although upon further inspection, I would be far happier if my kids were not as stupid as the kids mentioned in the original story. So in that respect, whatever parental jealousy I might have felt would be dwarfed by the pity I would confer upon those who inherit such genetics.

10-21-2003, 07:19 PM
I guess she would rather see her children enjoy her money now instead of having them wait until she is dead.

JT2002
10-21-2003, 07:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if thats here motive, then good for her. but who knows :D

1stdeadeye
10-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
(out of stock on your cocker conversion Deadeye, I'm checking back this week)

Thanks!

They all got their eyes fixed a yellow milled cocker with the oracle parts (at IAO the Worr guys were calling it the Custom Cocker, I don't know what they're calling it now). It was on sale for $1,300 and all the kids were begging their mom for it because they wanted the "yellow" one. One kid was allowed to get that so the other ones had to split up an 03' shocker, a Matrix, and one kid got a Spyder (shutter I think) because he liked the green. Then he got an E-mag too so he spent as much as the other kids (the E-Mag now being the only high end gun left on the rack).

Don't you know, it has to all be equal now a days or it is not "fair" ;)

They were racing around the store just grabbing this and that and when all was said and done their mom must have charged 7 or 8 grand on her credit card before heading out in her Lexus SUV.

The kids didn't even know what the guns were called. They had no idea what they were buying, they just knew to buy the expensive ones. I'm all for the sport growing and including all ages and all kinds of people, but they didn't know the name of their guns!

I smell a mastercard commercial here:

Having Mommy buy you a Complete Paintball set up:

$100

The latest, greatest marker out:

$1300

Getting owned the first time you walk on the field because you have NO CLUE what you are doing:

Priceless!:D

bornl33t
10-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
It’s a real simple formula for success.

Grad HS, Grad College, Work, while working hit the books in Grad school, network your ace off; continue perusing education in the form of terminal degree and certs. Trust me the money comes.

Trust me when I have kids that are old enough to respect the game, paintball and the hustle, I will buy them dam near whatever they want. Granted they better be busting the butt in school.....

Any of you guys can have that kind of success just get off your *** and into the game.

:rolleyes:
I'll start by teaching my kids not to curse and judge by their attitude if they have earend my money

JT2002
10-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

I smell a mastercard commercial here:

Having Mommy buy you a Complete Paintball set up:

$100

The latest, greatest marker out:

$1300

Getting owned the first time you walk on the field because you have NO CLUE what you are doing:

Priceless!:D [/B]
LMAO:D ;) :p :rolleyes: :) :D

but where did u come up with $100? :D :rolleyes: :D

the_next_guy_
10-21-2003, 08:01 PM
its taken me almost 3 years of saving my lunch money, allowance, christmas, and birthday money to build a minimag. :(

JT2002
10-21-2003, 08:07 PM
next is to get a job ;) :p :D

Python14
10-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Dude, I'm so with you. Jealousy is a warm liquid that flows through my veins.

wow....I am such a douche bag.:p

tony3
10-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by JT2002
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if thats here motive, then good for her. but who knows :D

My aunt does that actually, shes like 70 though and just gives us money for no reason...I dont complain:p

Nick O time
10-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Tony why do you want a free puppy, sounds like you got enough money to buy one. lol:p

WatchDragon
10-21-2003, 09:56 PM
They are lucky, the credit card kids, or cash kids (we are close to the mexican border here) get a spyder extra or shutter or something, and a 9oz co2.

americanpsycoX
10-21-2003, 10:02 PM
im jumping on that bandwagon. i cant stand the kids at my school when they brag about how their gun is better then mine. they suck *** at playing, and they give no respect to the people that can. :mad: they go out and spend their parents money, while i have to work 5 nights a week just to scrape by. im sitting at home with a busted *** mag that i have no money to fix it with. besides, even if i do fix it i have no money for paint!!!!!!! ah!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

GT
10-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Heat

:rolleyes:
I'll start by teaching my kids not to curse and judge by their attitude if they have earend my money

Thanks for the lesson Dad. I could be wrong but I am sure you and maybe your future kids will go to see movies and other such media that contain dirty language.

SO I guess there is a difference if you are paying for it as aposed to doing it yourself.

Maybe I am crazy. Sorry guys my post nor Heat's have anything to do with the topic. Continue your posting as usuall. :D

gtr (the new nedflanders of AO) si

Big_Chops
10-21-2003, 10:16 PM
my parents have not boughten me a single thing that i wanted in a few years without me paying them back the next week. there is a kid by my house that is like that and i am jealous of him. his mom even spent 100$ on pixels for a game. now that is crap!

gibby
10-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
i bet she was a milf
LOLOL!! Yes, those are the good ones!

JT2002
10-21-2003, 10:20 PM
on what?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RT pRo AuToMaG
10-21-2003, 10:25 PM
It's not the parents buying the kids expensive markers that pisses me off, it's parents buying kids expensive markers when the kids have never played/are inexperienced and the kids misuse and mistreat them. For example, if a kid started playing when he was 10, and now he's 13, and he wants to start playing tourney ball, but he can't afford a gun so his parents buy him a 1300 rig i'm fine with that, but if a kid gets a 1300 gun for their first gun, i have a problem with that.

Miscue
10-21-2003, 10:54 PM
Spoiling kids can lead to them being used to getting things easy, and not learning how to work for anything because they never had to. And, sometimes this makes no difference because their parents keep providing them money even as an adult... buy them a house... cars...

I know quite a few people who are like this, some turn out fine... but most don't. They're used to getting their way, don't appreciate anything, and are a PITA to deal with. If their family money disappeared, they would not be able to take care of themselves very well.

I don't get jealous over money because I know I will eventually earn it for myself, but I think I do a bit if someone has a girlfriend I like. That's about it. :D

Why is she with him, and not with me? Dammit! Hehehe.

c4BC
10-21-2003, 11:05 PM
first thing that comes to me that i wanna do is when James Bulushi in Animal House watches the bar being dropped and going nutz pretty much im going nutz.

sixslow
10-21-2003, 11:17 PM
omg omg omg omg! hahah i hate kids like that, i shot one in the foot on "accident" heres the story,

im at sc village, begginers game (teaching afriend howt o play) and the ref says anyone with compressed air or a upgraded autococker or a electro or tippman with response trigger etc... anyway so this kid beside me has a hybrid cocker and the ref sees' him and starts shouting at him for not rasing his gun and the kid is like "THIS ISINT A UPGRADED COCKER!!! ITS CAME LIKE THIS STOCK!!!" (it also had a revy) and they fight for like 2 minutes and he finally gets kicked out and doesnt play for the rest of the day (i herd) because he was afraid of the other peoples guns in advance, haha anyway the way i shot him in the foot was, it was the end of the day , we were by the speedball course and it was my last game at 3:30 (i had to get picked upa lil earlie) and the kid is beside me so i take off saftey and shoot the gun but the thing is i wasent aiming for his foot and it hit dead center of his foot and he like almost cryed (he fell down)

Kaiser Bob
10-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
It's not the parents buying the kids expensive markers that pisses me off, it's parents buying kids expensive markers when the kids have never played/are inexperienced and the kids misuse and mistreat them. For example, if a kid started playing when he was 10, and now he's 13, and he wants to start playing tourney ball, but he can't afford a gun so his parents buy him a 1300 rig i'm fine with that, but if a kid gets a 1300 gun for their first gun, i have a problem with that.

I second that one

Miscue
10-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Ha... I remember some kid a few years ago that got a Dark Angel, and 4500 tank when they first came out. I would run to the 50... receive no help... run back and yell at the kid and others to move up... "I can't make it." Then I would run back to the 50. But after the game he'd be showing off his gun...

Recball... :rolleyes:

minimagjim
10-21-2003, 11:26 PM
actually thats not james belushi but rather the late john belushi. i am also against those kids with their parent's plastic. Perfect example is Bad Boyz Toyz in Vernon Hills, Illinois. ITs a rich kids store. i swear you can go in there any time and see some kid with his "Allowance" of like a couple hundred bucks asking what he should buy next, i have actually heard them talking about paintball and think they know the sport and they have no clue what they are talking about.

I commented i had a minimag to this kid, he was currently in the store getting his cocker fixed. he commented that the mag was outdated and muttered a few more things about how mags arent that good. He started to bash almost everything and i stepped in and asked well what is good
he said that tippmans are good, but they are beginner guns and i said well thats up to personal choice. a friend of mine doesnt want to get a newer faster gun than his pro-carbine. he then said that tippmans are for beginners cause they are cheap. and that GOOD TOURNEY guns are really expensive and thats why he has a cocker. i guess that makes him a tourney player

oh by the way the cocker was tricked and he had atleast a grand in that gun. except he had no idea how to fix leaks and basic maintanance. The airsmith asked when the last time he changed the o-rings or some other part. the kid snapped back at the smith saying that he should be working not talking.

this kid was a snob. he looked at me and asked where i play and told me that woods ball is for poor kids with pumps. i was about to flip out on this kid. i just got back from playing a grueling game of pball at promisedland in Wi and was even wearing my camys and still had paint in my hair. i just disregarded his comments got my tank filled and got out of there.

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-21-2003, 11:46 PM
I think alot of it is respect for the game and your gear. Alot of us worked hard to get our stuff (and still afford to play). We made sacrifices elsewhere in our lives to buy expensive markers to play when they didn't. I scrape what little money I can outside of rent, food, etc, to play as often as I can. I'd love to be on a team here in Boston but definitely couldn't afford it.

Seeing a kid get the opportunity to get this kind of gear and appreciate it and play hard is great, good for him, I wish we could all be so lucky, I got no problem with that.

Seeing a kid get this gear for whining, not care about it really, him seeing it as a cheap novelty he will just give up on after a week or misuse it on field or off, and most especially disrespecting the game and being a moron and bragger, he should get a reality check and the best way is to just play well and FAIR, and show you don't need his gear to smoke him and play better than him.

breg
10-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
I need a new mom.

LOL. Good one 'Cue

It does bug me a bit, when I see or hear about stuff like that. I mean, I went to Kuwait for the TDY pay to be able to afford a RT/Pro. But, I can say that the freaking thing is mine. No one else bought it for me. I really value it because someone did not buy it for me.
I remember when I was younger, I would save for a couple of weeks just to buy a CD.
I can't say anything bad about these kids, because I don't know them, I don't know the situation, or the circumstances surrounding that. I do know that I treat my marker better because I had to pay for it.

Nick O time
10-21-2003, 11:55 PM
he started out with a tippy and like 3 or 4 months later had an x valved mag with a warp on it cuz he wanted one for graduation. he didnt even know how to fix his m98. the reason he got his warp is because his elbows kept on breaking lmfao:p :rolleyes: now he is selling it becuase he said it always leaks and he refuses to believe it is from the level 10 when everyone is telling him it is the level 10. he wouldn't even buy an intelliframe because he said some guy said they weren't any good. now he is getting like either some cocker or timmy or matrix or something because his gun is leaking. that doesnt really bother me though. the part that bothers me is he thinks he is better than me. when i asked him what position he played he said oh my position is snake. then i laughed at him and walked away. he still thinks he is better than me and even challenged me but the park was closing so they wouldnt let us play.:(

yes its true that i too am a little spoiled but at least i appreciate my gun and try to play once a week so i get better and better(no my parents refuse to pay for me to play they will only buy me gear sometimes). i can't stand people who have no respect for their gear and just get new stuff when they think there gun is broken.:mad:

PyRo
10-22-2003, 12:51 AM
Several people stated that they got jelous when they saw this. When I see these kids (trust me there are tons of them here, the fields cater to them) however I don’t think I am really jealous. I think, ok they are lucky there parents have money to buy them equipment, at the same time I think I feel good about myself, knowing that what I have I have worked for.
My parents did hand me some things, every once in a while they will help me out with somthing, and continually help out with college tuition, and car insurance. What I did get from them though that is probably more valuable is the determination to get up in the morning and go to work whenever I can. Not that i'm a workaholic, I still have fun with my friends, go to parties and everythign that 18 year olds do. Well actually now i'm unemployed damn college, but I tried damn hard to find a job and havn't given up yet.
I was 13 I got my first summer job and have been working ever since then. Heck, if I want to go out and by an x-mag and everything else for it I could. But one of the important things my parents tought me was to save some money. Not to go out and spend everything. That way when I need a new computer, a car repair, or somthing else I have the money. You know probably 75% of these rich people are probably not really rich. Its called credit, many of these people are hugley in debt, and they just keep getting further and further in. Credit it a very easy thing to abuse. How many moms show up and pay cash for these guns?

I'm tired and not thinking right most likely.

Spleen
10-22-2003, 03:58 AM
I need a Sugar momma...
if i could get any gear i wanted i wouldnt care if it was a sugar daddy... wait a sec... it would depend.... exactly how many x mags am i goona get....

my first gun was a crap electro sear tripper... very nice for making margaretas. Well, i was kinda happy with it for a while. Making margaretas that is. Then i sold it and got a stock mag. From there, i just upgraded the crap outta it (using my mommys credit card) But i paid for all of it. The only thing i dont have to pay for is the place i stay and food. Oh and this computer, but my rents scraped together 800 bucks for this tower. I think im kinda spoiled cause they do cool stuff for me like getting me outta work to go to watch tournys and play some paintball or go do stupid stuff when i really should be working.

trevorjk
10-22-2003, 04:19 AM
man life sucks when your down here :(

i wish my mom could afford to give me 5 bucks just cuase even though i have a full time job... christ my family is on medicade or what ever its called here in wisconsin... and for me to have a mag with x-valve and iframe its my life until a girl steps in that thing gets all my love and attention as its the only thing i ever put money into i really do hope those kids know what there getting and what there doing if not it just shows the dumbining(sp) of america

bornl33t
10-22-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Thanks for the lesson Dad. I could be wrong but I am sure you and maybe your future kids will go to see movies and other such media that contain dirty language.

SO I guess there is a difference if you are paying for it as aposed to doing it yourself.

Maybe I am crazy. Sorry guys my post nor Heat's have anything to do with the topic. Continue your posting as usuall. :D

gtr (the new nedflanders of AO) si

oh yeah? well my dog can take your dog.

Spartan X
10-22-2003, 07:20 AM
Hahaha. We almost had the same (got to much money thing) happen to our store a couple days ago. This guy and his son were trying to deside what gun to get. At first they were looking at the spyders a Tippies, because they had only play a little while back. This was the same day I was picking up my new viking, he gave it a look over and desided he wanted one. This is kind of what brought him to getting the higher priced guns. Since the vikings were a 4 week wait he started looking at the Dye reflex, dye matrix, Impulse, and angle speed. In the end he walked out with the reflex because they guys at my shop still believe that closed bolt is better. Latter on he gave the cocker to his son and bought a upgraded Impulse ($500 worth).....I was listening to his talking....oh gosh still newbish.

TheDoveDecends
10-22-2003, 01:11 PM
the only thing my mom has ever bought me was my very first gun.. which was a standard rebel, which was a birthday gift. every other penny for paintball has come out of my pocket, including my new mag + upgrades & accessories. those kids who go out and spend their parents money everyday, and never get a job till they absolutely have to, grow up to be the same way.

Automaggot68
10-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Jeebus, I'm really only jealous of anyone with a job, Lol. I've been working my rear off to one, and it seems that no one here hires under 18, and it's just my luck that I'm only 17, haha. In school I've got a 3.5-3.6 GPA at the moment, so at least my car insurance (for a car that I dont have, HAHA!) is lower than a regular student's. Because I'm on independant study, I have 40+ Hours free each week, so that of course would be perfect for a job.
Haha..I'm in San Diego, The Clairemont Area..if anyone can hook me up with a Job...feel free to do so, I'm a hard worker, and well....I need a greater responsibility than my current schoolwork.

Establishments applied at,and turned down..
Albertson's
Vons
Blockbuster Video
Carl's Junior
I've yet to recieve ANY notice from Mcdonalds
Michaels Arts and Crafts
Petco
Petsmart
Chuck E. Cheese's
Mom and Pop Laundromat (Korean place, lol)
Edward's Cinema
United Artist Theaters ( THESE guys told all of the applicants at once, do NOT call to check in,for any notice on whether they attained the position, or not)
Yeah,sorry for rambling on. I agree with with Miscue, I need a new Mommy.
I Attend Class twice a week,with the son of Brian, whom owns Borderland Paintball (The store,unsure of the field itself) and I havent worked up the muster to ask him if the shop needs any help or not, I dont wanna seem like I'm just trying to use him for my own benefit. Blargh.

Mr T: ", EAT CHO GREENS, I NEED WORK!"

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-22-2003, 03:34 PM
i'm 14 and i got an x-mag...
but i didnt get mommy or daddy to get it for me like those spoiled kids.

i hate seeing 10 year old kids with high end guns that don't know how to use em.

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Suicidal, I just had to note you ARE the one who got his finger stuck on a barrel... twice... with less than an hour between incidents... so I'm sure you can use your XMag well but for your personal safety I recommend you get someone else to clean it for you from now on.

Just kidding with you, I found the thread pretty funny and we all have our funny and embarrassing moments, so I hope you don't take offense. Just laughing with you.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-22-2003, 04:45 PM
lol yea that was pretty funny. it's one of those stupid things in my life.

Toranaga
10-22-2003, 06:44 PM
I don't believe that I am spoiled to the extent of the stories I have read in this thread, but my father does pay for air and the cover price at my field ($50 all, I know its a lot, but that is becuase it is BYOP, so i cna get cheap paint, and I geuss it evens out).
When I first was interested in buying a paintball gun, after multiple games, I spent about a month researching different beginner guns. I made some stupid desicions, and got a Spyder Flash LCD, and a few ups, like barrel and 12 vlt X - board revvy. I was able t osell this, get a reasonable deal, and go into the world of the Automag.

All paint and gear I bought on my own, using Bar Mitzvah money, allowence money (I never buy things and so I save up a lot of money).
I am realy happy that I am fortunate enugh to buy the things that I have, even at the age of 15.

Woodsmen
10-22-2003, 06:52 PM
Its not the spending of mommy and daddy's money, If I saw the same scenario with the kids walking in and telling the clerk exactly what they were looking for after alot of research and thanked their mom afterwards, and took care of their guns and got in to the game I wouldnt have a problem. Its not that they're spoiled, its that they're inconsiderate and really dont care most likely.

SyntaxError
10-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Yeah but you know what's funny?

None of those kids can play real ball, nor have any potential to play real ball, so who cares? I know kids like that and it pisses me off sometimes too, but when I remind myself that I work hard and now play Amateur level paintball and can cap those kids upside the head no problem, I just smile and feel content.

Even though I'm 15, I run into people like this and agree that they're just as bad as you think they are. But then I remind myself that hey, I earned where I am today and what I use, and there's a reason that companies put their logos on my jersey, and that's enough for me.

So get out on the field and shoot them in the face, thats all I can tell you.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-22-2003, 07:04 PM
well..i feel like a credit card adult sometimes..but oh well..it comes with the fact that there are so many awesome paintball guns..and not enough room on the card for all of them..

JT2002
10-22-2003, 07:15 PM
dirtybunny, i saw the xmag u turned down, what was wrong with it? the color looked great

FutureMagOwner
10-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Puts a bur in my saddle…
Gets my goat…
Rattles my cage..
Gets me riled…
Upsets me greatly…
Lights my fuse…
Chaps my rear…
Heats me up…
Pisses me off…
Gets my dander up…
Sets me off…
Makes me mad…
Etc.

a stick up the... eh never mind :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-22-2003, 07:29 PM
well...i still rely on mommy to buy stuff online. I don't have a credit card =P

but the only stuff i ask her to buy for me is just a macro line hose, some paintballs, and when i first started i asked her to get me a co2 tank.

for all the expensive stuff i had to get myself. (well...birthday money and graduation money helped out a bunch)

Crazy
10-22-2003, 07:31 PM
Your just all mad cause your families are poor. I like how the last gun picked to get was an emag... even though those kids knew nothing about paintball, they were smart enough to pick a sypder up before an AGD marker...

Automaggot68
10-23-2003, 03:42 PM
>>Your just all mad cause your families are poor. I like how the last gun picked to get was an emag... even though those kids knew nothing about paintball, they were smart enough to pick a sypder up before an AGD marker...<<

Jealousy and Anger are two very different things. Mad because some of us are 'Poor'? Or jealous because some of us are less fortunate,than to have a parental figure willing to blindly perchase us things,which we have no comprehension of? That not only unfair of you to say that, but also ignorant. Or does that only apply to families of whom have professions that bring in under a set amount of money, per month,or year? Or can it apply to those of whom that work their rears off,trying to make money, but instead of spending it, making their children earn their money,( or allowence) and not spending it every which way?
About the mag, how was it smart to pick up the spyder before the mag? I'll give you the fact that it was an electropnuematic,and not a simple tourney-level semi, but from what he said, they simply walked in, picked up what looked 'Cool', paid and left. That still shows no level of intelligence, just what looks cool. Your post however did show a large amount of ignorance...from -my- standpoint,that is. Then again, what do I know? I play with a Tippmann.

pbcustom98
10-23-2003, 04:47 PM
its like having a ferrari for your first car...u cant just go from drivers ed to driving a ferrari..there are stepping stones that u have to use first... i.e. Crappy Cars..then u get more experience driving, then u get the ferrari and get the chicks.

FutureMagOwner
10-23-2003, 04:56 PM
"Your just all mad cause your families are poor. I like how the last gun picked to get was an emag... even though those kids knew nothing about paintball, they were smart enough to pick a sypder up before an AGD marker..."

thats one of the most unintelligent statements ive seen in a while on this forum.

most people on here arent poor (in face the resident lazyman/hypocrite was banned) and upstanding citizens and find it upsetting to see how a parent can have such disregard for a childs development and if you cannot see that then you have alot of growing up to do.

ICOM
10-23-2003, 05:42 PM
I think its cool that the parents get involved with their children in paintball. But spending this much isnt right. Something wrong with the parents for the most part. That mom should of had common sense. I guess the parents want her son involved in something to stay off the streets? No idea....

Automaggot68
10-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Amen to FuturMagOwner.

tony3
10-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Tony why do you want a free puppy, sounds like you got enough money to buy one. lol:p

Why wouldnt you want a free puppy:p