PDA

View Full Version : X-valve won't fit in my micromag!! AHH!

clintfiore
10-22-2003, 01:17 AM
Just putting an intelliframe and x-valve into my beautiful micromag, and MUCH TO MY HORROR, the x-valve won't fit into the body. The x-valve casing is just a little too big, it wont slide in!

What to do? I'm scared, my whole world is spinning... I must have the x-valve in the micro...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

PyRo
10-22-2003, 01:20 AM
Buy a ULE body. I don't know what to tell you, maybie they somehow screwed up your x-valve, it should fit. You don't have the original rt do you? If you do your pretty much screwed. If its not an originaly RT, this might be a call AGD problem.

clintfiore
10-22-2003, 01:26 AM
I will not buy a ULE body. I am happy with my Micro body, and don't want to spend $100+ on a different look.

The x-valve is fine because it works in my powerfeed classic body, but for some reason it just won't fit into the micro... This is ticking me off. I almost want to chop off the top piece of the back of the micro, because that would make it fit.

Is there an easy answer? Is there a little tighter x-valve for the micromag body?

Oh and the micro is a regular micromag, not an RT, and it's pretty new.

PyRo
10-22-2003, 01:37 AM
Wow ive never heard of this before, have you tried a search on it? No there arn't differant size x-valves. The ULE thing was more of a joke, but they are nice :)

LaW
10-22-2003, 01:38 AM
Let me take a stab at this. How is it not fitting? Does it go in a certain distance and just wont go in any further? Or can you not get it in at all? My guess is that since the lvl10 bolt is a little larger then the lvl7 bolt you could have some burrs on the body washer, wouldn't hurt to take a round file and try to get at it and file it down a little. I think it might be the bolt not being able to go in.

But without more info on how far it can go in etc I cant say much more

clintfiore
10-22-2003, 01:40 AM
It's going in about half way...

Right when the nub on the side of the valve is about to go into the slot on the body, it stops, and I'm 99% sure it's the outer casing not fitting into the body. I'm looking now to double check.

clintfiore
10-22-2003, 01:42 AM
yep, just like I said.... casing hits the body...

I verified it's not the bolt by taking it off and trying, still the same problem...

arrgh

PyRo
10-22-2003, 01:46 AM
If you pull the thing apart can you drop the valve in, then assemble the thing with the valve in the mainbody already?

TAW
10-22-2003, 01:46 AM
Hey take your feild strip screw and push up the on/off valve through the hole in the grip frame.

clintfiore
10-22-2003, 01:51 AM
Pyro- gun is taken apart, valve still won't go into body.

TAW- I tried the pushing in the valve with the screw thing, and that didnt do anything. Not sure what that was supposed to do, but it didn't help. Thanks though.

Still stuck guys, this sucks.

TAW
10-22-2003, 02:01 AM
My X-valve didn't fit in my micro body then I noticed that my on/off was hanging up on the micro body. Every time I put the valve in I have to push the on/off up with the screw. Just to make sure take the on/off out and slide the valve in with out it.

clintfiore
10-22-2003, 02:05 AM
By GEORGE YOU'RE RIGHT!

Thanks TAW, YOU DA MAN!!

TAW
10-22-2003, 02:18 AM
The only real problem I've run into is that my ULT kit didn't fit in by the time I had all the shims in I needed to make it work. Maybe you will have better luck if you go that route.