PDA

View Full Version : Is this worth buying?

m20power
10-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey there, first post time.
Well I was at my local paintball shop today and one of the guy who works there is selling his
2001 autococker black
hinger trigger
ANS front end
ST superfly bolt
carbon fiber barrel
ST drop forward
Appocalpse 68ci 4500psi notrogen tank just hydro tested
microlines
for 350 dollars. I almost cant belive that deal.
I am meeting him friday to check it out and Im planning on buying it. Even if I dont like it I could sell it for at least 350 and make back my money. Plus he works at the store and offered to fix it if it ever broke free.

Should I be cautious of something or should I go for it?
Thanks.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-22-2003, 08:01 PM
...test it out just to make sure

m20power
10-22-2003, 09:41 PM
I did some quick adding and its about 800-900 worth of stuff and he is asking 350. I asked why so low and he said he wasnt using it, needed the money, and since he works for the shop the stuff actually cost him a whole lot less.
He said I could chose between a 2 piece barrel or a carbon fiber. I belive they are JT barrels.
I will shoot the gun and see that everything works fine, but all I would have to add is a mask, he is including a hopper. So 400 for an autococker with a ton of upgrades and a 68ci 4500psi Apocalypse system sounds sweet to me. He said It gets him well over 1000 shots a tank full.Even if I get out of paintball I could make my money back.

I guess Ive basically sold myself on it. Im just wondering what I need to watch out for. He said the tank was just hydro tested and will be good for another 3 years so Im not worried about that. The gun sounds solid as well.

Thanks for the help.

CrashMaster
10-23-2003, 01:17 AM
From what I see is this is a wicked awesome marker and you should get it and sell it to me ;)

LeatherPants
10-23-2003, 03:43 AM
Not a big fan of ANS stuff but all in all it's a good deal. The Tank is a great air system.

Also i'd suggest the JT barrels over the CF one.

m20power
10-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Well I just bought it. 350.00 dollars for the whole deal. Its even better than I thought. The gun is actually a vertical feed, he included a hopper with it, non powered though. Shaved rear block, Ans front end, gas thru fore grip, WGP hinge trigger with 45 sticky grip, Smart Parts all american barrel 14 inches, Shock tech delrin bolt, Shock tech drop forward, Lok Soc tank covers (looks like angel air), Air America Apocalypse 68ci 4500psi carbon fiber tank and regulator. And the best thing of all. BARREL PLUG. I asked what he got it for and he wouldnt tell me. But after I paid for it he said it cost him the same 350 dollars but came with a stock barrel and an on gun regulator, he kept the regulator and tossed on the All American barrel. I was cool with him selling it to me for what he bought it for because there is no way I could find something close to it for the same price.
The tank was also hydro tested august 2003 so Ive got almost a full 3 years till it needs to be tested.
YEAH, me so happy. Now its time to go out and buy a thermal mask, some paint for tommorow, and a squeegie.

ICOM
10-24-2003, 12:15 PM
its a pretty nice deal. Try a similar setup out and see what ya think.

$tevo
10-24-2003, 01:50 PM
cant believe no one welcomed you..

Welcome to AO man!

dre1919
10-24-2003, 02:04 PM
^^
Second that. Welcome to AO!

Spartan X
10-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Basically because cockers have a terrible resale value as well.

I hate a cocker trigger pull, but that just prefference.

m20power
10-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
I was originally going to get an automag because I just loved the simplicity of them. But when this deal came up I couldnt pass it up. I like the double trigger slide trigger a lot. Its not as cool as the electric triggers but it has a nice smooth feel to it.
Maybe I will end up with a Mag but like I think I said before, I can get at least 250 out of this marker if I ever want to sell it. I dont know how good of a mag I could get for 250 though.
If anyone wanted to know, the Apocalypse 68ci 4500psi tank rocks, Im expecting to get well over 1000 shots with it plus the shocktech bolt and all american.