PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a few markers

GtB188
10-22-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey all,

I need a few opinions on markers. I have rented a couple of times, and think the time is ripe for me to get my first marker. I was thinking a spyder/clone. Something along the lines of a Dragun Marker. Choose the one you think is best.

I have about $450 but my father thinks its "not worth it to buy anything over 330." I might need some suggestions for convincing him.

So far:
-Dragun Full Function LCD (nto for full function but for the 20 BPS cap)
-Spyder Sear Tripper (any one of them, post which one, and yes, the Dragun is a sear tripper, I know.)
-Bushmaster BKO (need suggestions for convincing my father)
-Automag
-Other

Post other reccomendations for the "Other" option.

Thanks

CrazyLad
10-22-2003, 08:41 PM
You obviously like electros so why get a mag because your not gonna have the money for a hyperframe. I say get a BKO. You don't need a nitro tank just get a anti-siphon co2 tank. But an electro hopper is a must unless you get a mag. I would suggest an empire reloader, or an egg2 if you have the money. The new revs shells are too brittle and not worth buy because they will break. If You spend the whole $450 go ahead and get a nitro tank with it and definetly the egg2. I think you will be happy with any of those though.

JT2002
10-22-2003, 08:41 PM
get teh new bko, theyre great beginner guns, and will keep up with many of the high end electros out there today. just make sure you pick up a 12v xboard revvy at the least and a decent nitro tank

Steelrat
10-22-2003, 08:43 PM
If you are going to get a mag, I would advise getting a used one. If you buy used, you can get one nicely equipped. The stock new mags are, IMO, pretty cruddy without certain upgrades. But they do have a nice upgrade path.

The price point you are looking in puts you right on the edge of the price range of good entry electrics, like used emags and angels. A few more dollars would allow you to get a much better marker than the ones you are looking at.

Spyders are fine too. They just have a limited upgrade path, and definately hit a performance plateau pretty quickly. BKOs are fine electric markers too.

Ever consider a tippman? Theyre good guns, and built like tanks.

GtB188
10-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Thanks so far, I like the responses you gave me. Forgot to add this, I would be doing home mods for any spyder I get, (hey, we just got a dremel). Keep it up! Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated.

JT2002
10-22-2003, 09:31 PM
dont waste your time on some cheap spyder

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-22-2003, 09:38 PM
don't make the mistake of buying a low end marker that will break in a few months.

SpecialBlend2786
10-23-2003, 12:45 AM
The BKO's trigger feel is ALOT better then the spyders and Draguns. I'd go with that if you want an electro.

SkyBoySurfer
10-23-2003, 06:14 AM
For it being your first gun

I would Recomned a Tippmann model 98

you have nice upgrade options
its not a extreamly high matenace gun...you dont realy need to worry about a whole lot on it..

Its a gun that will teach you how to take care and maintain a paintball gun....and year or two down the road if you feel you need a upgrade..you will have no problem geing any gun you want...and being able to take care of it.

If you can handle and take care of a tippmann...then you would be off to a realy good start...they are extremly reliable guns...and they can teach you a lot...you will always have fun with a tippamnn