PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 - need back up washer? & proconnect question

theraidenproject
10-22-2003, 09:27 PM
My lvl 10 kit came without a backup washer. Do I need it? I installed it with the quick start instructions, sans washer, but don't have any air to fill it. Also my proconnect broke in June, I hit the button, heard a loud pop (iirc) and then when I tried to put it back on, it wouldn't fit. Looking into the female end, there seem to be some gauges in it. Wtf happened? And is there some sort of warranty on them or something? It came with my used Emag, and I'm certainly not paying $40 for a new one. Thanks a lot.

redlaser666
10-22-2003, 11:05 PM
You DO need that backup washer. It prevents the oring from falling off the carier and into the chamber. It's unlikely for this to happen but posible without the washer. As for the Proconnect i have no idea, ive never had one.

MoBiLe
10-23-2003, 09:45 AM
put a drop of oil in the female part of the pro-connect
and make sure your marker is not gassed up when you connect them together
theyre a little hard to put together when its gassed up
that loud pop is normal
hope this helps

BlackVCG
10-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Are you certain your LX kit didn't come with the backup washer?

Every time someone has said that, it turns out they were mistaking the backup washer for being an o-ring. It is white and it is hard plastic. Look closer at all the "white" things in your bag of parts for the LX kit.

theraidenproject
10-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Mobile - It's definately messed up. It used to fit together perfectly, even when the gun was gassed up, and now it won't work, even though the proconnect is off the gun. The male end must have somehow scratched up the inside when I hit the button.

Miscue - I think I'm going to be feeling pretty stupid tonight... ;) But, I'll reserve judgement until I get home tonight and can recheck the kit.

MoBiLe
10-23-2003, 02:50 PM
damn i never heard a pro-connect go bad
thats the reason i got one:confused:

theraidenproject
10-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Both problems fixed. The pro-connect needed a copious amount of oil, while I had the washer all along. It was white in real life, but black/grey for some reason in the picture on the lvl 10 CD. But now my carrier is stuck? Nothing will get it out, I even held it upside down and hit the back of the valve with a rubber mallet. Any suggestions on this one?

BlackVCG
10-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Stick your field strip screw, a dental pick or the end of a ball driver allen wrench down in the hole and pull it out.

When you do get it out, put it back in with a small amount of grease on the o-ring. It will come out much easier the next time.

theraidenproject
10-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Got it out, just dropped some oiil down there, let it sit, then used the field strip screw. Thanks a lot, everyone, all my problems have been solved, my paintball ones, that is. ;) Now let's see how many problems I can have when I gas it up for the first time tomorrow!

MoBiLe
10-24-2003, 07:57 PM
hey, glad you got the pro-connect fixed, found the washers and get the carrier out...lol
hope all goes well tomorow