PDA

View Full Version : Minimag Air Problems

Scutter
10-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Well today I got my new gun the minimag. I bought the retro x-valve also as an upgrade. I have installed a palmer regulater, gas thru grips, and a bottum line. But when I put in my air supply, which is nitro, nothing happens. Its like the gas never gets to the valve. Has anyone had this problem or something like this?

Please respond if you can help!

T-Bird
10-23-2003, 02:09 AM
are you sure that the palmer reg is open. remember that as you "unscrew" the regulator nut at the bottom, the output pressure decreases. also remember that it DOES matter which side of the reg is the input for the nitro. you should see a small etching of an "I" on the input side and a small etching of an "O" for output. If you are unsure, just look down both the holes. the input has only one small opening at the bottom while the output has two.

kenndogg
10-23-2003, 02:31 AM
Why do you even have the stablizer on the mag? You don't need it, it may even be the cause of your problem. Mag valves have an integrated regulator, thus an extra reg is not needed. Run it w/o the Stablizer and see what happens.

athomas
10-23-2003, 07:34 AM
Remove the stabilizer and put on a gas through grip instead. The regulated HPA output and the reg on the valve are enough. An additional regulator only puts a restriction in the line.

PyRo
10-23-2003, 08:39 AM
Get rid of the reg, it will just cause issues with your recharge rate, and very well may be causing this problem. If you insist on using it just bypass if for now to see if its whats causing this problem.
Make sure that your tank is full, and the reg is releasing air like it should be.
Turn up the velocity?