PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else ever pondered.. (regarding Duck Hunt)

davidb
10-23-2003, 02:47 AM
How in the name of all things Scottish does that game tell where you are shooting? I mean, unless the TV has some kind of.. and sends a signal back to the.. I just don't freakin' know!!

I've discussed this with a couple of good friends whilst kicking back on a trampoline at 4:00 in the morning, but despite the superb conditions for thoughts of this nature, we ended up more confused than we had begun. The gun plugs into the Nintendo, placed at a random location in relation to the TV, which (to my knowledge) has no manner of sensor on the screen itself. I'm also fairly confident that a Nintendo sends, but does not recieve information, other than that which comes from the controllers/guns/wierd-glove-things.

Miscue, I'm kinda hoping you'll know the answer to this one.

nippinout
10-23-2003, 02:57 AM
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question273.htm

This is from www.howstuffworks.com

davidb
10-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Thanks and all but.. There's no Santa Claus? :(

:p

Spleen
10-23-2003, 03:10 AM
someone told me that when you pull the trigger, and you hit the duck, the way it knows you did that is the gun recieves a general color (through the little plastic thing in the barrel). The gun is kinda like a low tech remote control only in reverse kinda. It recieves information from the tv instead of sending it.

Soo, When you pull the trigger, the gun sends out some kinda light or something that bounces off the tv and goes back to the gun (pretty sci fi eh). The light that bounces back goes thru the gun, through the cable and tells the nintendo what color you hit. If you didnt hit brown you didnt kill the duck and vice versa.

Thats what i was told anyways. Not sure if its true.

Ever notice though, the farther away you are from the tv, the less likely you are to hit it? I mean, i would shoot that little ******* dead on and he would not die. Something to do with the light spreading out too far? So far that it is unable to bounce back with a color?

If anyone knows the real way this works i wanna know too, unless what im repeating isnt total BS.

edit: man i type slow lol. Well, atleast the light part was right... kinda...:D

BobTheCow
10-23-2003, 05:53 AM
Well, all I know is...

CRAP still can't attach pictures... lol and this one's so perfect!!! I'll host and be back this afternoon.

MantisMag
10-23-2003, 08:26 AM
pay very close attention and you'll notice that the screen goes black except for the ducks when you pull the trigger. the ducks turn into white squares. the lightgun has a little camera in it. if it sees white you hit it. if it doesn't you missed. not sure how it tells the difference if there's more than one target though.

PyRo
10-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Your nintendo must be screwed up then, because i'm pretty damn sure mine does do that. I would imagine it just senses the color that you are aiming at, maybie you could print out the color and cheat :)

SIGSays
10-23-2003, 09:27 AM
oh man. i need to buy another nintendo and get back into this... and battle toads and supermario 3

beam
10-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Did anyone read the info. that was linked to? :rolleyes:

PyRo
10-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Nope, its more fun just throwing up random theries :)

beam
10-23-2003, 09:53 AM
LOL! That just made me laugh.

Imagine if you did that for everything....it could be really funny.

Will Wood
10-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Heh.. I loved that game.

And sig.. Battle Toads ROCKED! One of the best games ever. (The best being Battle Toads VS double dragon for Genesis)

After my nintendo stoped working I cut the cord off the gun and used it as a toy gun.

PyRo
10-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Han't anyone else played Dragon Warrior or that submarine game? :confused: