PDA

View Full Version : Possible Flatline Recharge issue

Dayspring
10-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Ok. New 72/4500 flatline.

I can sit and play well for most of the day, but at the end, the gun gets all funky. I bloop one ball and shoot the next. I know it's not from lack of oiling, cuz I just tore the entire valve apart on the gun to do that. I think the reg seat is deforming and increasing friction on the piston- thereby causing the shootdown. Can anyone confirm this? I don't know Flatlines as well as I should.

Here's a question. Can turning the tank off between games save me from this problem? My guess is that the seat is under constant pressure when on, and by turning it off, give it time to "cool off" and go back to the original shape. Is this an accurate assessment?

FYI- every so often, I'll look at the output gauge and see an input pressure of 1000 when it's set for 800.

BlackVCG
10-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Pull off the regulator housing and then pull out the spring pack and adjuster nut. Push out the piston from the reg. seat side with a small allen wrench and then look at the reg. seat. If it looks deformed in any way, get a replacement from AGD. If it's dirty, clean it up and it should be fine.

Dayspring
10-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Thanks Black.

Question though- is that seat under pressure constantly or only when the tank is on? Do you think turning it off between games would help it in any way. (so long as it's not dirty or mangled in some way)

BlackVCG
10-23-2003, 09:12 PM
You will have to turn off the tank, bleed all the pressure inbetween the Flatline and the valve and then the piston in the Flatline will no longer have pressure on the seat.