PDA

View Full Version : Whats next for the Koosh-Mag?

Koosh
10-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Ok... I've upgraded my mag performance wise about as much as I'm going to. Now I want to make it look a little nicer.

Setup:
Classic valve, LX
Pump kit, rail, and body
Auto-Response frame (with "custom" epoxyed intellifeed to warp)
Freak Barrel
Warp feed
VL2000 (not fast enough!)
Psychoballistics drop
Sideline stabilizer
Gadget grip

Pics:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=907908

I want something different. I’ve come up with a few different “scenarios” that would work out… what do you think is the best? I don't mind spending about 50-70ish... upper limit of my budget... If its going to cost more then that, I’ll be waiting awhile… with that said:

Option A: Keep everything the way it is. Powder Coat it from www.kpcustoms.net , nice for a custom look… Cost: Basic powdercoat and strip: $40, plus fade, and a few extra parts puts it at around 60-70 or so.

Option B: Sell warp, and some other misc parts I have, that will raise about $120ish, probably less... Buy a CF body of some type (most likely a No-Rise), new Freak back (or get mine milled for CF), and a slightly slower hopper (If I do option B, it'd be a used 12v or rico). What do no-rises sell for nowadays? 80ish? A new freak back, or if I get mine milled will be about 30-35, and the hopper would be about 40 bucks… so that will be a Net cost of $40-50.

Option C: Same as option B but sell pump kit parts (Body, rail, and pump kit), and get Halo or ULE body. The pump kit would probably sell for 100, I hope… So I’d have about 200 to spend on a No rise, new body rail, new freak back and Halo, or a ULE, new rail, cocker freak back, and Rico/12vt…

Option D: Keep main mag the same, buy a new HR or WL body, buy classic valve, new rail, and have main mag and pump mag. This one would probably be the most expensive, but I could drag it out over time… Rail here, body there, and sooner or later I’d have a complete gun.

Keep in mind that I don’t use my pump kit as it is very much, I have a separate pump marker (aci maverick) that gets used when I want to play pump, but a separate pump mag would replace that in a heartbeat. I’d sell the maverick but I’m actually just holding it for a friend while he’s stationed in Hawaii (marine corps). I also have no opinion on the Warp. I like the low profile it gives, and how it “speeds up” my current VL 2000, but I’d like a fast hopper and a lighter gun just as much. I also play a lot of renegade ball where hopper hits don’t count. So basically I'd play just as well with or without the warp.

Oh, and I hate elbows... Either Warp or Center feed, no other option.

Well, any ideas I hadn’t thought of?

GoatBoy
10-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Ditch the pump kit, barrel, and body.

Buy a centerfeed ULE (just in case warp goes down), re-anno or trade the rail (maybe get a lightened rail), and buy a decent cocker threaded .689 barrel.

If the warp's not really suiting your style of play, just toss it. If your VL works, I'd be hesitant to get rid of it; try intellifeeding it and seeing how fast it can go. You might be surprised at how well they work with intellifeed. Also don't know what kind of paddle the VL has in it. Halo's and Evlutions are too expensive to be breaking down the way I've seen; fat lot of good a broken force feed loader is going to do you, especially if you don't have a backup.

Maybe investigate a new drop. I can't tell what size tank that is, but consider nitro, unless you can't get fills. Maybe a 16oz stubby with a no-drop or a smaller drop. It sounds like you're pretty set on the autoresponse frame so I won't go there. Actually there's a bunch of other stuff you could think of as well, dunno how stuck you are on your current config.

As you can tell my personal preference is tight and light. :p

Koosh
10-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Yeah, what you suggested is basically "Option C"... Sell warp and junk, but ULE body and cheaper hopper, (or halo and no rise). I only want to get the freak back because I already have the barrel, and it only costs 30-35 for a new one, and I can sell the Mag back and be at about the same price. Sure I could just sell the whole thing, but I'll leave that until after I play with it some more.

The VL2k works, and I do like it... but its basically a 9v revvy with a 2 prong paddle and a strong shell, Its really easy to tell when it can't keep up when I'm really laying on the AR frame. I fire a good 15ish shots when the warp keeps up, then after that its hit and miss, thank god for Level 10.

The drop is cool, I'm not too worried about the bottom end of the gun, nitro IS an option, but I'm not too worried about it. I'd rather stick with a 2 mile CO2 fill then a 20 mile N2 fill

samalter
10-23-2003, 11:42 PM
can you really pump fast enough for a warpfeed?

Koosh
10-24-2003, 08:18 AM
Pleae tell me you read that, and it wasn't a joke... Of course I can pump fast enough! :D

I said the Pump kit is there, but not used alot. The Auto-Response frame DOES fire fast enough for a warp though.

punkcmonkiez
10-24-2003, 01:58 PM
i say get an egg since thier cheaper than a halo adn even tho thier not as fast i think its fast enough for that set up(not implying its slow or anything), ule body, and new freak back and sell the warp but thats just my .02 cents

Koosh
10-24-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks for all the advice...

I had finally made up my mind... selling pump kit, warp, buying low rise emag body, reloader, new CF barrel...

So when I'm taking the pump kit off my mag, I noticed I had a few extra parts... Sear, ASA, Carbon fiber frame... figured I'd toss it all together to make a nice little incomplete package.

Big mistake. After I added my valve (for effect) the gun gave me MAJOR puppy dog eyes. Looks like I'll be going with a combo of option B and D. Selling the warp, buying CF body, but also building my pump pistol.

Think it looks nice?

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/30816/p/540893_3352020658814612771_vl.jpg