PDA

View Full Version : starting a store need some help please

sereignity_31
10-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Hello Fellow Mag Shooters,

My name is Ruben, and i plan on opening a store in Laredo, Tx real soon. Laredo is located about 2hrs south of San Antonio, anyway i need a little bit of help starting my store, if anyone knows where i can purchase a machine to compress my own air, it would really be appreciated. Also i want to welcome suggestions that you guys have about stuff i should or should not do. I will be opening with automag rentals cause im tired of people complaining about shooting tippmans, i think automags will last longer, and are easier to care for. I want to use nitro tanks even for the rentals, so buying my own compresor machine would really help. if you guys have any info that would help me out i would really appreciate it. thanks alot

sereignity_31
10-24-2003, 03:24 AM
well someone told me about a nitro generatot, i looked some up online, but they dont look like the ones that some other paintball stores have, is nitro and HP the same thing?

OfficerGoat
10-24-2003, 04:42 AM
Well you have two options a big end compressor, or rent 6k Compressed Nitrogen Cylinders aka "Nitro". They are both basicaly the same stuff (Air is mostly nitrogen). Renting cylinders is more costly in the long haul but for short term until you can get a reliable compressor isnt a bad option. Last time I needed to get fills for N2 it cost us a little over $7 a cyl, but this was for a decent sized welding shop and we went through cyls like water.

So far as finding a good compressor go to a welders supply store and ask them what they recomend for a 5k compressor.

PyRo
10-24-2003, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure someone on here owns a scuba shop and says he paid about 13k for his compressor (capable of 5000psi). My field though uses like a really big craftsman compressor and some kind of booster which gives them 4500psi fills, and I think would be significantly cheaper than a 13k compressor. The tanks are your other option thats what most stores and a few filds here do.

sereignity_31
10-24-2003, 12:48 PM
hey thanks alot people, ive been looking at these places welding shops, and a scuba tanks, but they sy they can onlly fill to 3000, i want my feild to be able to fill at least to 4500 though, i had thought about getting fill tubes, and filling them with nitro at the local welding shop place, i just heard that i could get a compressor for about 3500 and it was capable of filling to 4500. i talked to the guy that sells the scuba tanks and filltubes, but he suggested an air compressor. so i went over to a place that sells insutrial size compressors, and they told me that they only had some that filled at 300psi, he didnt know much about paintball though, so i took him a tank so e could see what i was talking about, he gave crossfire a call, and they told him that an air compressor wouldnt cut it at all, that it need nitro, i was under the understanding that a compressor was supposed to compress air tp a certain psi, now i got a question, is the input of the air the same as the output, so you need 4500 psi to fill to 4500psi?

Big'n slo
10-24-2003, 12:54 PM
http://www.americanairworks.com/paintball.html

Check the bottom of the page

Also check for used Fire Cascade systems

sereignity_31
10-24-2003, 01:00 PM
thanks a lot big'n slo. . . . thats exactly what im looking for. A million thank yous :D i like the top one too. . . hmmm. . . which one to choose.

Big'n slo
10-24-2003, 01:11 PM
No problem, buying a couple of the 5000psi tanks to cascade fill from would also save some wear on the compressor.