PDA

View Full Version : Viking or not?

Acer12
10-23-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking about getting a viking. what do you think? should I stick with my black magic cocker?

VanGogo
10-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Vikings are great. In my opinion much better than a cocker. Just make sure you get a new one with WAS board and eyes.

Mossman
10-23-2003, 11:02 PM
^ what he said.

1/2 milled saphire blue viking with was everything and black eye covers is my current dream gun that's actually attainable if I really wanted it :)

jdev
10-23-2003, 11:03 PM
yea, go viking. i am.

getting what moss just mentioned, except mine is unmilled :)

Jon/xpm
10-23-2003, 11:04 PM
you do not have to get them with was products
they were awesome before was...

Acer12
10-24-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm definately gonna get a half milled with was. saphire blue sounds pretty nice. thanx for the advice keep it commin

Steelrat
10-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Definately get one.

Spartan X
10-24-2003, 09:35 AM
I sold my X-mag and got one. I liked my X-mag more, but the viking was $500 less....and performs almost as good.

cockermatt
10-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Get a Viking, they are absolutly sick guns. Fast as hell with a Eq board, small, light, fast, efficient, what more could you want? :)

FreshmanBob
10-24-2003, 09:56 AM
I could not be happier with my featherlite, no chops, 1200+ of my 45/4500, smooth cyclin and a very versitile trigger.

Oh ya, fast as **** too

minimag187
10-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Well I like my new shocker more than my old viking (1/2 milled /w was). But I liked my viking more than my $1200 trauma trix, my angel ir3, etc and its cheaper than all.

Spartan X
10-24-2003, 11:41 AM
You like the shocker better?? I do not see how. I was not liking life when I used it in a game....

afrankart
10-24-2003, 02:57 PM
I just got mine, and I already have fallen in love. I am 99% sure this is the last marker I will ever buy.

knodeoff
10-29-2003, 05:51 PM
go viking acer there the best. fast as f**k and they have the distance and accuracy of an autococker. and as you shoot them and they break in they only get better.

Ov3rmind
10-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Acer12
I'm thinking about getting a viking. what do you think? should I stick with my black magic cocker?
LOL, I just ordered a Viking and plan on selling my Black Magic ASAP.

$tevo
10-29-2003, 07:40 PM
whats best site to order a viking from?

Carbon
10-29-2003, 07:53 PM
go viking acer there the best. fast as f**k and they have the distance and accuracy of an autococker. and as you shoot them and they break in they only get better.

n00b :D

$tevo
10-29-2003, 07:59 PM

well the second part is true..

afrankart
10-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by knodeoff
fast as f**k

That part is definately true.

Ov3rmind
10-29-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by $tevo
whats best site to order a viking from?
http://www.selectpaintball.com/PaintballMarkers.html

Good prices, free shipping, and great service. That's where I ordered my gun.

Ryknow
10-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by cockermatt
light
Actually.. only some of the custom milled ones are light. Destructive being the lightest, followed by immortal.

anyway, go viking, you wont regret it. Make sure it has WAS Board, and WAS eyes... trust me, it makes any gun look slow, including 'trixes.

Best site: www.ontargetentertainment.com Get a loaded model of which ever one. Or talk to TargetIndy on pbn, he owns on target entertainment. If you have the $$$ though, get a Immortal, those are sick.

knodeoff
10-29-2003, 08:29 PM
try www.paintballtogo.com they have great service and fast shipping. and yes vikings are fast Carbon i shot my friends and he gave it a badass trigger job and it ripped as fast as any angel iv shot (not faster than a timmy though).

blakdragon21
10-29-2003, 08:45 PM
what does the milling do? does it just make it lighter? Does it need to have was board and eyes or is it fast and no chop with out it? Is there a huge difference?

knodeoff
10-29-2003, 09:01 PM
the milling just makes it lighter and adds for that intimidating look. ok. the WAS board is needed to really rip paint (no that does not meen break it). the eyes make it chop less but it it fast without them. and the pressure when you first get it runs at like 170 psi or something like that but after 10000 shots you can get it to 70psi easily and lower. then sometimes instead of chopping it just pinches the ball. to break the gun in and not waste paint i hear you can pull the pin out and flip the bolt around then shoot you air tank empty and repeat until you think you can turn the pressure down. (this is supposed to work) im not sure.

Steelrat
10-29-2003, 09:03 PM
All new ones have the WAS stock. ROF on WAS without eyes is capped at 15 bps I believe, with eyes there is no max ROF. Eyes are a must have, especially at $20!

ANd yes, the milling is purely for weight. The finest featherlight shoots exactly the same as my stock unmilled.

$tevo
10-29-2003, 09:18 PM
so the only difference between the destructives, immortals, and unmilled is the milling? and the fact that detruct and immortals come with scm?

CpSuPeRkId
10-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by knodeoff
the milling just makes it lighter and adds for that intimidating look. ok. the WAS board is needed to really rip paint (no that does not meen break it). the eyes make it chop less but it it fast without them. and the pressure when you first get it runs at like 170 psi or something like that but after 10000 shots you can get it to 70psi easily and lower. then sometimes instead of chopping it just pinches the ball. to break the gun in and not waste paint i hear you can pull the pin out and flip the bolt around then shoot you air tank empty and repeat until you think you can turn the pressure down. (this is supposed to work) im not sure. i think you are al ittle confused..... the input pressure of vikings is always between 170 and 200 whether it is broken in or not. the lpr is stock at 85psi but after it is broken in you can lower that to the 60s. it isnt smart to go too low though. with 20 dollar eyes theres no point in getting the lpr low because you wont chop anyways and it just starts to slow down the cycling. 68-72psi is the optimum lpr pressure for vikings as stated by the aka master techs.

as for which to get.... theres no contest. the viking will waste any cocker in any situation, not to mention all other guns out there. its the fastest, it has the best electronics and ace, never chops, its uber air efficient at 2000 shots per 68/4500, and best of all its EXTREMELY high quality and low maintenance. and by low, i mean LOW. the only thing you EVER have to do is drop a couple drops of aka oil in the macro fitting and dry fire before you play. other than that you will probably never take apart the gun as long as you own it. aka is a top notch company w/ excellent customer service. you get a lifetime warranty on your gun and on the WAS electronics. you really cant go wrong. best gun ive ever owned. it was so good i just sold my half milled viking w/ all the upgrades to save up for a newer aka gun. i have good info about some new aka mods and products coming out for 2k4 and they will probably be out around xmas time. im either getting another viking or i might go big and get an excal just for the added smoothness.

Acer12
10-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all the info I am now set on getting a viking and selling my black magic.

Ryknow
10-29-2003, 10:41 PM
Awsome man, you will have fun with it. And the speed comment about vikings not being faster than timmy's. they are. peried. My friend shoots one of the ironmen team guns (ironman timmy) set up beatifully, yes its fast as hell. But my excal beats it by 2 or 3 bps. He beats me if he puts his in simulate though.. lol

$tevo
10-29-2003, 11:40 PM
yea you guys got me almost set ona viking too. but i also like timmys. im not worried about the whole bps thing, i know they can both rip. but, are the timmys as high quality of a marker as a viking. cause i know vikings can take beatings, its got type 3 anno, tough as hell. i need a marker that wont break on me, has a good warranty, cocker threaded barrels, and very consistant.

Timmy or Viking?
if i got a viking, i would probly just save up and get a fully loaded immortal. if i was to get a timmy, im not very sure what model i would get

Acer12
10-30-2003, 12:30 AM
$tevo you trying to take over my thread:mad: just kidding!

$tevo
10-30-2003, 07:17 AM
:eek: im sorry! just gettin a few questions in, no sence in makin a new one. im stuck between a timmy or viking. i only got about 450 right now thow, so i still ogtta save, i have time to think. i do think it would be smarter goin with an imorrtal viking, but we'll see

cledford
10-30-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by cockermatt
Get a Viking, they are absolutly sick guns. Fast as hell with a Eq board, small, light, fast, efficient, what more could you want? :)

Light?!?!?! You must be talking about the feathers, Stock AKA Vikings are H_E_A_V_Y pigs!!! I know - I've owned 2!!! I'm on my second (WASed out) and although it will never replace my ULE-X-Emag in my heart, it is every bit as good and well built!

-Calvin

Acer12
10-30-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by $tevo
:eek: im sorry! just gettin a few questions in, no sence in makin a new one. im stuck between a timmy or viking. i only got about 450 right now thow, so i still ogtta save, i have time to think. i do think it would be smarter goin with an imorrtal viking, but we'll see

I Was Kidding and by you asking questions it helps me find out information

$tevo
10-30-2003, 03:25 PM
yea man, im just helping you out here.. this weekend im gonna go to my local pball shop, pick up a black ule body so i can use my Stiffi. then im goin to start savin up and try to decide between a Immortal or Destructive Viking or a Timmy, not sure what kind.

68Classic
10-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Vikings are awesome. My friend has one. They are so fast, and they look awesome. My vote is, get the Viking.

afrankart
10-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Timmys feel cheaper than vikings.

$tevo
10-30-2003, 09:31 PM
do they feel cheaper? there is no one around me that has a viking, so i cant feel one. i am most likly goin to get a viking. but we'll see

Ov3rmind
10-30-2003, 10:22 PM
Well, my red umilled Viking just arrived today, but I have no air around. You most definitely CAN feel the quality, I feel like I'm holding a mini tank. It is heavier, but nothing that I'd consider a hamper on your playing skills. The Timmy is noticeably lighter, but feels "toyish" (IMO) compared to a Viking after handling both.

No sKiLLz
10-31-2003, 01:51 AM
Wow. Has anyone ever seen the episode of Futurama with the "brain slugs"? I'm beginning to wonder if they come shipped in the box with every Viking sold.

Ov3rmind
10-31-2003, 01:58 AM
Come on NoSkillz, all you do is preach about Trixes. Let us have our time, all I did was state my first impressions.

afrankart
10-31-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
Wow. Has anyone ever seen the episode of Futurama with the "brain slugs"? I'm beginning to wonder if they come shipped in the box with every Viking sold.

Come here and put on this hat.

Honestly man, have you ever played with one?

knodeoff
10-31-2003, 08:51 AM
$tevo get the timmy they are fast, reliable, consistant and just all round good guns. the good timmy's out right now are the lasoya, 2k2, species and dragon. i personaly like the lasoya a lot.

Impuls
10-31-2003, 09:31 AM
If timmys were sub 900 they would be awesome but instead they're either 995.95 or >1000. Vikings for the price or not are the best guns out there IMO.

No sKiLLz
10-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
Come on NoSkillz, all you do is preach about Trixes. Let us have our time, all I did was state my first impressions.

Seriously, Ov3r, I respect you and I have said many times in the past that I enjoy playing with a Viking very much, so this is not directed at you because you have acknowledged that every marker has strong and weak points, but it's those who are being ridiculous about it that give me pause.

There is only one way to describe it; it's like the guys who buy a Saleen Mustang GT and by some twisted sense of the imagination truly believe it to be faster and better than a Ferrari Challenge Stradale. Absurd. I have no explanation for it other than psychosis (or brain slugs). Tell me you haven't noticed it. It's all over this thread.

$tevo
10-31-2003, 02:09 PM
knode- those are all nice timmys u listed. but for those prices i can get a immortal viking with all the goodies.if the timmies were a little cheaper then i would jump all over it. but im still not to sure. time will tell, i would be happy with whatever marker i buy

$tevo
10-31-2003, 03:31 PM
ok, i have decided on a viking. now the question is a half milled or immortal. anyone know the total weight difference? is the weight difference REALLY WORTH the extra $$? and how long would i have to wait for the immortal to be made? would i be able to get it by xmas? cause ill give my parrents a few $ and they might be able to pay the rest, and how cool would that be to wake up to a immortal viking?

Ov3rmind
10-31-2003, 04:04 PM

Seriously, Ov3r, I respect you and I have said many times in the past that I enjoy playing with a Viking very much, so this is not directed at you because you have acknowledged that every marker has strong and weak points, but it's those who are being ridiculous about it that give me pause.

There is only one way to describe it; it's like the guys who buy a Saleen Mustang GT and by some twisted sense of the imagination truly believe it to be faster and better than a Ferrari Challenge Stradale. Absurd. I have no explanation for it other than psychosis (or brain slugs). Tell me you haven't noticed it. It's all over this thread.
Ok, cool. I see what you mean though, and it is true for many Viking owners (and honestly to a small extent for some owners of many different guns).

Overall I'm going to say I love this thing so far, but if you want some honest opinions on some negatives (for those of you looking to buy):

-If weight is a main concern, you may want to look into other guns. It is by no means extremely heavy, but there are much lighter guns out. If you absolutely want the Viking feel with less weight, it may be worth your time to save up some extra cash for a Featherlite.

-Thr trigger is great stock (stock stick trigger), but IMO not what people built it up to be. I'm thinking an Evil microswitch and a Razor Blade Trigger will solve this, but we'll see. As of right now, I could shoot a Matrix noticeably faster, hopefully the two upgrades I mentioned above will put it on par with a Trix in that area.

No sKiLLz
10-31-2003, 05:15 PM
...And that's why I have respect for you.

wireman
10-31-2003, 07:39 PM
Try a Razor blade with no spring and stock switch, that seems to be the setup most people prefer. Also get the eyes and covers as soon as you can ov3rmind, they release the ROF cap on the board. You are only shooting at 13 bps now, until you have the eyes. I have a WAS switch and it didn't really impress me. Definitely get a new Viking with Equalizer and eyes, they are insanely fast. I am trying to sell my Nelson boarded Viking now and you can't hardly give them away.

GT
10-31-2003, 08:33 PM

Absurd. I have no explanation for it other than psychosis (or brain slugs). Tell me you haven't noticed it. It's all over this thread.

Can we all agree that since all guns shoot at 300fps they have the same distance and flight path. IF we can then also agree that about 99% of people, including the internet bps heroes, really only shoot about 14-17bps. SO in reality the only difference between any guns out there is features and personal preference.

There is never going to be a perfect gun only a gun that is perfect for you.

For example I love love love classic valve mags with a benchmark frame, I built a sweet custom mag with the works and I didn’t like it one bit.

You really need to shoot each gun and kinda feel them out. Go to your local field and shoot other guys setups. I have found, through the years, what stuff works best for me and in reality it has little to do with the gun and more with how it is setup.

Once you have learned this lesson it won’t matter if you have a stock spyder or an Xmag you’re going to play well.

jb

Note: I may share my thoughts on the guns in question here in a bit.

Furby
10-31-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by wireman
Try a Razor blade with no spring and stock switch, that seems to be the setup most people prefer. Also get the eyes and covers as soon as you can ov3rmind, they release the ROF cap on the board. You are only shooting at 13 bps now, until you have the eyes. I have a WAS switch and it didn't really impress me. Definitely get a new Viking with Equalizer and eyes, they are insanely fast. I am trying to sell my Nelson boarded Viking now and you can't hardly give them away.

I'd gladly take it off your hands if you're just GIVING it away...I'll pay shipping!

Acer12
10-31-2003, 11:56 PM
What do you guys think of the E-orracle?

$tevo
11-01-2003, 12:05 AM
e orracles are nice, but they also cost a little.i would still recomend a viking, low maintance, fast, very reliable, lifetime warrenty, and depending on what you get(unmilled or half) its cheaper

Ov3rmind
11-01-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by wireman
I plan to do pretty much all of what you suggested, but I gotta sell my Cocker to get the cash to do most of it (it's set up pretty basic right now). So the WAS switch didn't make a noticeable difference? Ah that's ok I guess, a Razor Blade with no spring sounds like the way to go. Since the gun came stock with the WAS board, all I gotta do is throw on some eyes and eye covers after that.

Steelrat
11-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Razor blade with the stock switch and no spring here. If I may make a suggestion, I tried a Froth Blade, and really liked the feel of it. I may get one and give it a whirl.

About the E-orracle. Dont do it. There are custom e-cockers out there that cost the same as an e-orracle but perform much better. With cockers you have to do a lot more reasearch than with Vikings. But I must say that I have preferred shooting my ebladed lotus more than my Viking lately.

MrWallen
11-01-2003, 02:53 AM
One question I haven't yet seen: Viking or ULE E-Mag.

I was all set on having an E-Mag as my next gun, but this thread and others like it have got me thinking... any opinions?

Steelrat
11-01-2003, 03:08 AM
Thats a straight opinion question, so Ill give you mine.

Had an emag, didnt like it. Wasnt the wieght so much as the feel of the trigger and the inefficiency. IMHO, the Viking is faster, and it definately is more efficient. Also, it has eyes, which strike me as a better solution to chopping than level X, though level X is a very clever bit of engineering. Finally, though AGD has a good warranty and service, its hard to beat AKA's lifetime warranty.

$tevo
11-01-2003, 10:36 AM
you should feel safe buyin an Emag or Viking. both very good markers.

Matt1427
11-01-2003, 01:25 PM
hey steveo I would get a timmy. Both very nice guns, but you should get a timmy. IMO.

MrWallen
11-01-2003, 02:25 PM
What kind of trigger does the viking have? And what makes it so much faster than any other gun?

Kaiser Bob
11-01-2003, 05:49 PM
I have a razor blade with no spring on my viking and it rips just as fast as my trix walkingwise... Also the featherlight vikings are .2 lbs lighter then xmags so i wouldent say they are all that heavy by any means.

$tevo
11-01-2003, 08:26 PM
well im not goin to be getting a new marker any time soon..i just bought a lvl 10 and intelli frame for my mag, and im gettin an ule body for it as soon as my local store orders some more out. and im just gonna stick with that and save my cash for a little while. when i get a good wadd of cash, then ill decide what new marker to get

Acer12
11-02-2003, 03:25 PM
whats the most bps any of you have gotten your vikings to do?

GT
11-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Acer12
whats the most bps any of you have gotten your vikings to do?

Acer,
re read my first post. I dont think you understand what I meant. It doesnt matter how fast I can shoot a gun.

You really need to get these guns in your hand to see which one YOU like.

Acer12
11-02-2003, 07:25 PM
i re-read your post 13-17 bps got it thanks