PDA

View Full Version : Whats the news on the attachment problem

UltimatePaintballer
10-25-2003, 11:54 AM
we are probably on a week or so where we couldn't attach pics.....anyone have an upday on it. Also how do we link pics then.

FalconGuy016
10-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Well, I can help you on linking. You have to host the pic somewhere else. Find that pic, right click on it, find the URL of the picture itself. Copy that URL

type >img src="URL"<
That will post the image, but invert the >'s

UltimatePaintballer
10-25-2003, 12:07 PM
do you know where i could host them

Lone Wolf2
10-25-2003, 12:24 PM
www.digitalpose.com

Hexis
10-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Meh! Leave it the way it is. No attachments is way better. Plus it reduces the load on the AO server(s) since most images are hosted elsewhere.

UltimatePaintballer
10-25-2003, 08:42 PM
yea but having to load them other places take to long.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-03-2003, 09:12 PM
well....it's still not working

UltimatePaintballer
11-03-2003, 09:17 PM
how long has it been??? have they even tried working on it?????

QUINCYMASSGUY
11-03-2003, 09:31 PM
ultimate, this is a FREE forum. Don't get on their case if you don't have the ability to post that blue cocker of yours in another 1000 classifieds threads without linking it from another site first. I can understand threads for complaints directed at AGD about products people have bought and such as the consumer spent money and aren't getting what they expected been there myself). But AGD is VERY generous to offer us such close interaction with the company and to deal with the hassles of moderating, servers, answering all question, etc for free. Being ungrateful about it and complaining because they aren't making the pic issue a priority is you being a jerk. God forbid they take some time to run their paintball company instead. So knock it off.

UltimatePaintballer
11-03-2003, 09:53 PM
GAH!!! im just wondering what the freaking update is on the problem. geez, and my gun is staying. to me, it doesn't sound like a problem that is that big to fix, im sorry if it sounded that way, BUT IM JUST WONDERING!!!!!!! :mad:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-03-2003, 10:19 PM
sounds like an argument is heating up.

*gets the popcorn*

UltimatePaintballer
11-03-2003, 10:34 PM
lol nice

Grasshopper
11-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer
yea but having to load them other places take to long.
http://www.uploadit.org/
Takes just about as much time as it did when the attachments worked. Easy, quite, simple.

cphilip
11-03-2003, 11:10 PM
I told you guys just yesterday what I know. It seems to be an issue with our provider. Not the bulletin board or anything on our end. And I do not know what being done about it or how long that may take. Sorry but thats all I know. I heard it was a space problem.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-03-2003, 11:36 PM
:(

WARPED1
11-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I told you guys just yesterday what I know. It seems to be an issue with our provider. Not the bulletin board or anything on our end. And I do not know what being done about it or how long that may take. Sorry but thats all I know. I heard it was a space problem. You guys are the only vbulletin board having trouble.
I heard that AGD shut off attatchments to save money, could be wrong, but ya never know..............

Hexis
11-04-2003, 01:04 AM
Depending on the resources dedicated to this forum, they may have storage limitations. being everyone's image file store is a pretty good way to waste disk. It has nothing to do with their choice of software for the forums. A technicial problem does not necessarly mean the software is broken.

Beemer
11-04-2003, 07:37 AM
http://www.uploadit.org/files2/041103-EagleFlagSky.jpg

RRfireblade
11-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
this is a FREE forum.

Hmm,how much does it USUALLY cost to join a message board?

I heard that AGD shut off attatchments to save money, could be wrong, but ya never know..............

That's what I'm kinda thinking,maybe hush hush just to see how people complain/deal with it.

Jay.

Beemer
11-04-2003, 07:39 AM
That took 2 clicks. most ISP's give ya web space just use it

dansim
11-04-2003, 07:40 AM
wth

Hexis
11-04-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

Hmm,how much does it USUALLY cost to join a message board?

No, the real question is how much does it cost to maintain it. As a userbase we contribute nothing to the ongoing costs associated with running this set of forums. In reality we have no grounds to demand anything.

I actually really like the no attachments setup. It keeps the image count on threads down. It also removes a lot of BW usage from AGD's side of things, since any images are loaded off other servers. Sure, some people host their images off of slow hosts. I just don't see the extra load as being worth it.

cphilip
11-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by WARPED1
You guys are the only vbulletin board having trouble.

I will say it again, its not in the V board software. I looked. Its enabled there. Nothing is wrong on this end that I can control. Its turned on. And the only thing can be is if its blocked at the server at Delaware.net. Outside of the V board sofware.

If they have then they have not informed me of that. And they have not informed any other Mod or Admin either that I know of. So if that is so then I have not been told of any decission like that.

I was told second hand it was at Delaware where it was off. And it was a space problem of some sort. But not told what was going to be done about it. But none of that was confirmed and was second hand information at this point.

So you know all I know which is not very much really is it? :(

MarkM
11-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Whilst it can be seen as a pain to remotely host pics, every isp account I have ever had came with webspace so the arguement to not have space is not even valid....if the arguement is "I don't know how to use a FTP program" then perhaps there is merit in that ;)
I posted in the latest signature test thread pretty early on about the same issue...and people ignored that...wether Delaware net is blocking it or not the cost for Bandwidth WILL be passed to Tom.....do you all want to start paying for your daily dose of AO?....even the text based input from the users contribute to bandwidth usuage...and if a clue to the rising costs wasn't obvious enough why do you think Tom announced that banners were to appear shortly. To keep a forum going at the expense of digging up dino's bones...no contest (for someone who's interest is in that direction)
Keep the attachments switched off.

cphilip
11-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Ah well rather than worry... have a beer.

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/Happyfridge1.jpg

WARPED1
11-04-2003, 11:56 AM
HOORAY! IT'S RED BEER!:D

Big'n slo
11-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Ahhhhh, bad news alert! bad news alert!

No beer goggles for women? (http://www.realbeer.com/news/articles/news-002035.php)

Nooooo :eek:

cphilip
11-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Or you could always have your bike washed....

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/bike_wash011.jpg

cphilip
11-04-2003, 12:01 PM
and then of course....have it washed REALLY good....

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/bike_wash009.jpg

Ahhhh.... so soothing and so much better than worrying about pictures of Markers....

Get a life!!!! :D

MantisMag
11-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Big'n slo
Ahhhhh, bad news alert! bad news alert!

No beer goggles for women? (http://www.realbeer.com/news/articles/news-002035.php)

Nooooo :eek:

well that may be true with pictures. but they're more likely to get "friendly" with the real thing. maybe it's that they don't find guys more attractive. their standards just get lowered. :p

RRfireblade
11-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Hexis

No, the real question is how much does it cost to maintain it. As a userbase we contribute nothing to the ongoing costs associated with running this set of forums. In reality we have no grounds to demand anything.

Not true.

The costs and maintenance are not the concern of the members.This Forum and any other exists soley for the benifit of the owners.How they benifit varies from one to the next but it's not OUR concern to finance it directly unless we are going to be compensated with future finacial returns on the investment.As a Member,I certainly have the right to demand what ever I want,whether it is granted or not is a different story and will only be of issue in determining if I as a member STAY a member and effectively contribute to the groath and quality of said forum.

With that said,I'm not really concerned with the attachment decision either way except it's a little more convenient if they were enabled and functioning,but no biggie either way.

Jay.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-04-2003, 06:14 PM
cphillip a lot of us are unable to get our hands on that beer without a fake ID or a stoned parent :p

cphilip
11-04-2003, 08:07 PM
I would feel a little more comfortable if you were more preoccupied with the bike wash. :D

UltimatePaintballer
11-04-2003, 08:23 PM
oh ive been occupied for a while with the bike wash
:D

cphilip
11-04-2003, 08:32 PM
hehehe...did it involve soap? :D

UltimatePaintballer
11-04-2003, 08:44 PM
um......yes:D ;)

WARPED1
11-04-2003, 08:51 PM
/me hands Ultimate a tissue...............

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-04-2003, 10:13 PM
uhh cphillip. some of us aren't that young either :p

UltimatePaintballer
11-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
/me hands Ultimate a tissue...............

thank you, i might need a little more though:D

deathstalker
11-04-2003, 10:23 PM
How dare you put Spaten in the same fridge as other beer, especially Michelob! Spaten is THE greatest beer on the planet. I've been drinking it since I was in the second grade.

Yes, I was living in Germany at the time. :D

WARPED1
11-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Guiness is where it's at!