PDA

View Full Version : want to buy first mag

8T88
10-25-2003, 12:16 PM
hey
im looking to pick up my first mag, but not sure which mag is right for me. some suggestions would be appreciated
thanks in advance

rmhawk
10-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Go Big! Get the Emag or Xmag. I had a minimag, dumped a bunch of money into, and still was not satisfied. So i bought an Emag, best decision ever. Put the Emag in hybrid mode and go to town on the trigger. Or, leave it in manual. Definately put an adjustable HPA system on it and the thing will RIP! Whats nice about the Emag is it only needs a Level X and a ULE body and that is basically the only upgrades you need. An automag or minimag has tons of upgrades and still won't compete with a stock Emag. Just my opinion. :p

PyRo
10-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Well if you plan on using the manual on the e-mag alot, you might want the ULT if it will work in your valve.

8T88
10-25-2003, 02:57 PM
lol ya i've been drooling over e-mags 4 a while but i just can't afford 1 :(

Wrathchild
10-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Awesome Mech Mag... X-valved Mini w/ULT and Y-grip.
or
Awesome Electronic Mag... All ULE Emag, or Xmag.

PyRo
10-25-2003, 03:05 PM
If you look around, I think you can find a used e-mag in the $500 range, but its so nice to have a shiney new gun :)

xmaglover00420
10-25-2003, 10:52 PM
If you can afford it, the X-mag is nearly unbeatable. You don't have to worry about upgrading it because it aready has the best there is to offer. Super reliable and ultra fast. Autococker threads beat the crap out of the twist-lock type. The angel ball detent is way more convenient that the wire nubbins, too. I would recommend a Flatline regulator or another high quality reg as well as the fastest loader you can get for the X-mag. A halo or warp feed work well with it. I love mine, although I'll be paying it off for the next 6 months LOL.

PyRo
10-25-2003, 11:24 PM
Now if he cannot afford an e-mag how will he buy an x-mag? :)

xmaglover00420
10-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Good point,
But I really couldn't afford it either.....credit cards can be a good thing (or not). I just can't stand the barrel that you have to use for the older mags. Don't get me wrong, I still have my old RT and don't think I'll sell it..... but a real ball detent almost makes it worth the money. Although you can get ULE bodies now. The one thing I do miss about the Emag (friend let me borrow his) is the burst mode. Xmags don't or can't have them.