PDA

View Full Version : Can a x-valve work in a 68 Classic ??

paintflick22
10-25-2003, 07:29 PM
I have a 68 classic mag with 68ci 3000 flatline, an i wanted to find out if i could go with that valve exchange policy and get a new X-valve for the classic ?? Will it work ? What adjustments do i need to make, an what basic matainence do i need to do with it ? I hope yall can help me out. Its like im stuck an dont know what to do. Thanks ani appreciate evrything.

Chad c

Grasshopper
10-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Yup, it will.

Adjustments: Just set-up the LX and your ready to go.

Splat
10-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah, the X will fit in all classic mags. The 68 is actually the valve name.

is your classic a powerfeed or a standard feed? do you have a revvy or a rico? nitro or Co2?

if you get the X--Valve you can only use compressed air.

PyRo
10-27-2003, 05:30 PM
68 automag, classic automag, minimag, rt-pro, e-mag, and retro valves are all interchangable.

paintflick22
10-28-2003, 08:59 PM
i currently have a preset 3000psi flatline, no revvy or anyting. just a vl200. never ran co2 thru it. HEy should i getanother tank or will the flatline do ?? an wat about exp. chamber?? I got a ACI 4 stage on it now, should i take it off or put regulator ? Im new into the high end markers. Help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

PyRo
10-28-2003, 09:36 PM
That flatline is fine for any valve you are using, its a very good tank. If you arn't running Co2 take out the x chamber. As for another reg all that will do is starve the gun, you already have a reg built into the valve.

paintflick22
11-02-2003, 02:44 PM
Will leaving the x-chamber on the gun matter on performance, or do i need to take it off? And also can u give me some cleaning tips. I am so scared to take the mag apart that i dont even touch it. Can yall explain how to take aprt and put back together efficiently. God help me if i screwed up, i would practically die. I got gold cup oil i use on my spyder, will that work to oil the valves an stuff ?