PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with my flatline?

xmaglover00420
10-25-2003, 07:31 PM
I recently bought one of the last remaining flatline 4500 tank + reg sets that I could find online. It was a 68 cu. inch and I needed a larger tank, so I bought a 114 4500 from a friend of mine. It had recently been hydo tested and in great shape. I switched the regs out using a soft jawed vise, not using any threadlock on the flatline as I saw that there was none there. I filled the tank up today and fired off several hundred rounds to find that I was having drop-off. Watching the LP reg gauge, I noticed that it dropped considerably with each shot. Under rapid fire it would hardly climb above 600 psi. I am worried that I may have screwed something up inadvertently. It is under warranty, but I would prefer not to have to send it in to AGD as I need the gun to be working well for a tourny coming up. Can anyone offer any advise? Feel free to email me.

BlackVCG
10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Does the paint actually show drop off when you shoot the gun fast? Those gauges bounce all over the place and are basically there as a reminder to give you basic idea of what pressures are in your tank. They are not for accuracy or showing you how well the tank is flowing.

If you notice drop off under rapid fire while shooting paint, try replacing the reg. seat with a new one.

xmaglover00420
10-25-2003, 10:41 PM
I will check the drop off again tomorrow in the good daylight to confirm.... it was nearly dark when I fired it today. I'll let you know. I took the reg apart to check for any debris that may have entered and noticed that the reg seat is white and slightly differently shaped than the red one that AGD's site offers. It's not as rounded around the edges as the red one. Any issue there? And this is probably a stupid question, but what do I have to do in order to remove the reg piston assembly? Do I simply pop off the reg seat from the bottom (tank side) and then slide the piston through the top? One last question for you, sir; the on/off knob was significantly harder to turn on than it was on the other tank. Is that a sign that it may need to be cleaned? I left the diagram that came with the tank at home, and I'm out of town. Thanks again for the help, and kudos to everyone who makes this plethora of knowledge available to us who need it.

hamneggs
10-28-2003, 09:41 PM
I would definately consider getting a new reg. seat. I have a 68/4500 Flatline that was expierencing the same problem (would drop from 700psi to 400psi under rapid fire). I took it to AGD at World Cup and they were kind enough to replace the reg. seat for me. Now the LP gauge barely drops under rapid fire (nor the stream of balls).