PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the reg off my flatline?

Pullman
10-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Hey,

I sent the flatline I bought in to get it hydroed and the shop claims they can't get the regulator off the bottle. Is there any trick to this that I could pass along to these folks? This is a 68/3000 flatline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marlin

LaW
10-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Where the heck did you send it to? It shouldn't be THAT hard to get off....

Pullman
10-26-2003, 12:07 AM
If you have one then surely you can tell me how to do it? If you don't then why would you answer?

Can anybody help me out here? I would like to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Marlin

LaW
10-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Pullman
If you have one then surely you can tell me how to do it? If you don't then why would you answer?

Can anybody help me out here? I would like to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Marlin

I just used a rubber strap wrench.... But anyhow, like I said who did you send it to?

Mossman
10-26-2003, 12:38 AM
all you do is unscrew it.

Only tricky part is getting a good enough grip on the bottle and reg to do it, without damaging either.

Still, send it somewhere else, if they don't know how to get the reg off they are liable to screw up the testing, damage the threads or put it back together too tight or not tight enough. Tanks hold a LOT of energy, it's best not to screw around with them.

Unless you're me, I screw around with stuff i have no business screwing around with all the time, tanks being no exception, but I'm immortal...

Pullman
10-26-2003, 09:56 AM
The strap wrench is a great idea. I just brought it to my local (only) paintball shop who sent it to the folks that hydro all their tanks. I didn't think it would have been that big a deal either, but whatever. I may just have to bring it to the local fire department. I guess they can either do the hydro or have a good relationship with the folks that do.

Any other hints in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marlin

LaW
10-26-2003, 02:05 PM
http://www.hydrotester.com

they would be able to do it...

the fire department themselves dont test tanks but you can ask them who they use to get theirs tested.

PyRo
10-26-2003, 02:29 PM
I just got my tank back from the site he listed, they didn't have any problems. They don't put the reg back on for you though unless you ask for it and pay anoher $4.

LaW
10-26-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
I just got my tank back from the site he listed, they didn't have any problems. They don't put the reg back on for you though unless you ask for it and pay anoher $4.

Yeah exactly, I didn't want to pay all that extra money :) I paid like 16 dollars total.

PyRo
10-26-2003, 02:34 PM
Really? It cost me like $40, with shipping there and back, the $17, $4 reg off, $4 reg on.

LaW
10-26-2003, 02:49 PM
I dont have to pay for shipping there at least, I didn't include the shipping i added to the 16 they charge, so it was like 21.95 total./