PDA

View Full Version : Man, this game has changed

ben_JD
10-25-2003, 09:04 PM
I was just pondering back to the time when I started playing paintball: 12 gram CO2 cartridges and 10-round cigar tubes of paintballs accompanied me and my pump gun on our woods-bound crawling adventures.

Contrast that with my search today for boxes in order to ship my paintball marker and my hopper back to their respective manufacturers for software upgrades.

My, how times have changed. :)

einhander619
10-25-2003, 09:12 PM
I can't wait til my gun sends itself back for upgrading.

UltimatePaintballer
10-25-2003, 09:16 PM
yea, or you talk to your gun so it will fire for your. They had a super soaker like that :(i always wanted one:(

einhander619
10-25-2003, 09:18 PM
an electronic supersoaker? Jebus, I wonder what the service life on those things was, in minutes.

Jeffy-CanCon
10-25-2003, 09:20 PM
My memories don't go back quite as far as cigar tubes to carry my paint, but I was having similar thoughts earlier this summer. I walked onto the field at SPPLAT, and realised that everything that was attached to my marker (barrel, air, hopper) was each more expensive than the first marker I ever owned!

shortfri
10-25-2003, 11:32 PM
We use to take thin foam and wrap around the loader , then black tape around that. it served two things to make the loader quite, and if you took a hit it wouldn't break the balls in the loader.

thei3ug
10-26-2003, 09:13 AM
i want it to sense alpha waves to know when i want a "trigger event"

bornl33t
10-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by einhander619
I can't wait til my gun sends itself back for upgrading.

screw that, I want blue tooth on my gun, so I jst walk into my house and it upgrades itself :D

Python14
10-26-2003, 09:17 AM
When I started, the original VL 2000 was the ONLY agitated hopper. Automags were the ONLY guns people would dare use. The only Angel we knew of was the spanish guy at the field who shot a really loud spyder compact P. If you walked onto the field with 1000 balls(hopper and tubes), you were a waste of space because non one shoots that much.

Today....?

I can choose between half a dozen different hoppers, and each comes in colors. Automags are just one of like 30 major guns that people use. Angel, the spanish guy, is gone(army), but I can choose between 4 different stock model angels as well as about 40 custom ones. If I walk onto the field with 1000 balls(hopper and tubes), I am just a midplayer because my backplayers will inevitably have aleast a case each.

Things have changed alot in the 8 years since I started(has it really been 8 long years?) Some things have gotten worse. I see more fighting, more bickering, and more complaining. Some things have gotten better. I see more teams, better quality equipment, cheaper paint.

But ya know, it's gonna happen again. In 8 years, the game will be different yet again. The kids who are playing today at the little fields around the world will be the guys and girls who run the sport. The guns we use today might be museum pieces. Who knows? It's alot of look forward to though.:)

StuDawggie
10-26-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Python14
The guns we use today might be museum pieces.

Awesome idea... Better yet how about a Paintball Hall of Fame. First inductee... Good ol' TK!!:D