PDA

View Full Version : Need some Opinions From the Other guitarists on Bass Amps!!!!

RetroEclipseMan
10-26-2003, 04:19 PM
I've been playing bass for a few months now and have been borrowing my friend's old crate practice amp just until I could get some more cash for my own. Well I'm looking for another decent practice amp that I can still play alongside a few friends and still be heard. I'm only lookn' to spend around $200 on this since it's not like I need something to play gigs or something.

What do you guys think of Behringer amps??? I found a pretty good deal on a 60w one on musiciansfriend.com that I think has around the same features I'm looking for and ti seems to have gotton pretty good ratings. Just seeing what others think and trying to get some more infor on them before I actually walk in the store so I don't seem like a total idiot.

here's the link to it: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031026130758067075194054712547/g=bass/search/b=1184/q=ULTRABASS/td=0

Lopy-slopy
10-26-2003, 04:54 PM
that one looks fine to me, but you could get one like that used for alot less. I would recomend going to a pawn shop and looking there, I bought my guitar and amp at one and they are great. just make sure you have a good period of time to take it back if you dont like it. If you don't wanna go through all the hassel tho, I would just buy the amp you were looking at.

RetroEclipseMan
10-27-2003, 01:11 AM
Cool, I'll defiantely check out the pawn shops and see what I find. Thanks for the input. Anyone else???

nitto
10-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Go to Talk Bass (http://www.talkbass.com) and check there. I have bought a few used basses from the people there without any problems.

who_311
10-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Ill give you my 2 cents. What i do for my amps, is go to all the local pawn shops and look around for good deals. Next, go to a guitar center, because they always have good deals. Behringer amps rock, theyre really nice modeling amps for their price. I personally play Laney amps on bass, i love them. I have a Laney BC-120. If you do go to a pawn shop, make sure you check the imput jacks and knobs and stuff. If i were you i would i would buy used, but thats always me.

RetroEclipseMan
10-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Cool, thanks for the advice guys. I was waiting for you to show up Who_311.hehe. You still playn' ball or are you out for good?

Lopy-slopy
10-27-2003, 11:50 PM
as who said, if you buy from a pawn shop give it a good look over before you buy it because most of the owners of pawn shops know nothing about guitars or amps. If somthing is wrong with it and they say it can be fixed easily, DON'T BUY IT! unless you have somebody who realy knows guitars look over it and agree it can be easily fixed. I fell for that one with my first guitat, there was some major fret buzz and they said it would could be fixed in a second. took it to a store and they said the neck was bent beyond repair. The store I bought it from was great about returing it though.

RetroEclipseMan
10-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Yeah, If I end up finding something at a pawn shop I'll definately be making sure it works properly. I'm pretty particular about that kind of stuff. I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm pretty sure if I go with a brand new one it'll be that Behringer 60w one unless someone else has any other ideas.