PDA

View Full Version : I almost died today!

gimp
10-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Well, the gas tank of my car was leaking last week, so I had it fixed. After it was fixed, there was a little humming sound coming from under the car. Like two pieces of metal vibrating, and bumping into each other. So, I drove to my hockey game tonight. It's like a 4 minute drive. I start going down the road and my brakes didn't work! It was at a red light, and I just went right through. I almost got swiped by another car. The brakes worked, but not well. I would put the pedal all the way to the floor, and I would barely come to a stop. Even if I pumped them. It was mostly up hill to the rink, so I kept going. I just went real slow.

When I got to the game, I checked my brake fluid, and there was enough. After my game, I looked again. My buddy was standin next to the car, and I pumped the brakes and he got sprayed with brake fluid. I looked under the car, and it was spraying out from this one area with a bunch of brake lines and such. These lines were right under the new gas tank. So, I think they messed something up when they put the new tank in. You think I'd be able to get the people who put the tank in to fix it for free if it was their fault?

Will Wood
10-26-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm sure they would love to do it for free to avious a lawsuit ;):)

And yea that sucks what happened lol.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-26-2003, 09:58 PM
My bros friend got exhuast on his chevy avalanch, and the idiot who put it on, put it to close to the brake like and it burnt through it, then my bro's friend called they company that put it on, he didnt even apologize for him almost getting killed by having no brakes..

CasingBill
10-26-2003, 09:59 PM
I thought you didn't drive. You better just stick to your bike.

BTW..glad you're alive:D

gimp
10-26-2003, 10:03 PM
haha, yeah. I usually don't. I have to drive for hockey, I'm not gonna lug my whole hockey bag up to the rink. Now I'll probably get a ticket tomorrow because I'm in a school lot.

Bad_Dog
10-26-2003, 10:52 PM
moral of the story: new gas tanks are dangerous?:D

once again, good to see you still typing!..... unless the doctor molded a keyboard into your body-cast and you're just too embarrased to tell us...:)

PyRo
10-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Motivation for me to get off my rear, and fix my emergency brake.

Halliday
10-26-2003, 11:59 PM
I was driving a '80 Toyota Corrola two years ago (you do the math) and my brakes went out. I had just left the mall I was working at so I turned around, gave the emergency brake some love, and visited Sears Auto :)

PyRo
10-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Halliday
I was driving a '80 Toyota Corrola two years ago (you do the math) and my brakes went out. I had just left the mall I was working at so I turned around, gave the emergency brake some love, and visited Sears Auto :)
Sears auto? I think I woudl have taken my chances without the brakes.

Halliday
10-27-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by PyRo

Sears auto? I think I woudl have taken my chances without the brakes.

That car lasted another 6 months!

PyRo
10-27-2003, 12:10 AM
You should have just broken out the tools i'm sure you keep in your trunk and fixed it yourself right there :)

pbzmag
10-27-2003, 01:47 AM
Glad to hear your ok. A friend of mines had to run into the bushes in the center of the road to stop. He checked the breaks and found that the lines were cut. He realized that his ex-girlfriend cut them. Oh, they broke-up some time before the incident. Talk about psyco!

billybob_81067
10-27-2003, 02:16 AM
Living on a farm, most things don't have brakes. Seems like every time I'm drivng a loaded dump truck the brakes decide to quit. I always check them well before the stop sign so I've got some time to downshift to lower my speed some and then do the ol' emergency brake stop. :p