PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a new HPA system

atcer
10-26-2003, 09:54 PM
So... I have a 68ci 3k Flatline. I love it. It is good. BUT> im getting an x-valve with level ten (obviously) and i hardly get one game off my tank now, so im kinda worried about the level tens ability to use gas. I would like an ajustable tank, and preferably not a screw in kind and i want to keep the rechargability of the flatline. i would like to stay under $400 also. I was looking at the 4500 flatlines, but 500 for one??? i dont think so. so any ideas?

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
10-26-2003, 09:57 PM
Try pming roguefactor. I think he can get you a good deal on the flatline.

cris8762
10-26-2003, 10:00 PM
uh, stubby 88/45 Centerflag Dynaflow or a Conquest

atcer
10-26-2003, 10:20 PM
the conquest looks rad, but i thought that the max output pressure was like around 650 or so. any one know?

adam shannon
10-26-2003, 10:28 PM
most online pb stores sell 45k flatlines for between $340-$370.

you may be able to get a deal from one of ao's own dealers. tunaman or roguefactor. i dont know if they can beat the huge volume prices of the online stores...but you will be supporting good dealers and they may be able to hook you up if your buying more upgrades at the same time. dont quote me....but ive done business with both fellas and they are both class acts. if you do get another flatline and like drop forwards check out datapimps AO flatline drops.

Z-man
10-27-2003, 12:45 AM
I don't know if you even care about this aspect of the RT valving but you might check out my post about rapidfire (in my sig "Wanna Know How?"). Even if you do not want to rapidfire, I still suggest that you get an adjustable reg system as you can really tailor the RT trigger to your liking.

ZAust
10-27-2003, 12:53 AM
from my personal experience, the flatline will not be conducive to rapid-firing. for some reason, rt valves are just more reactive with max-flos or hyperflows.

atcer
10-27-2003, 12:55 AM
yeah i dont want a screw in preset one. i have read the post before and have taken into consideration the gas usage. (nice thread by the way)I think ill just go with a 4500 flatline. i just need to find somewhere online that has them for cheap. (i would like to buy from AGD, but the prices are a little too outrageous.)

atcer
10-27-2003, 12:57 AM
didnt see your post ZAust, so you think max flows are better if you are going to be ripping long streams etc?...

if i get one.... will everyone hate me?? (sp and all ya know)
haha

Z-man
10-27-2003, 01:00 AM
debateable:

I only run MaxFlows on my Mags because they perform so well. Again they are great tanks even if you care nothing for rapidfire.

My excuse is that I got them before SP turned evil...

sps16
10-27-2003, 01:01 AM
yea i ran maxflos and they kick arse :)

maglover52
10-27-2003, 01:16 AM
a used flatline a airamerica raptor a dye throttle(i dunno how much tose cost though)

ZAust
10-27-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by atcer
didnt see your post ZAust, so you think max flows are better if you are going to be ripping long streams etc?...

if i get one.... will everyone hate me?? (sp and all ya know)
haha
i actually own a flatline, and use it on my rt. it performs fine, and it is slightly reactive. i can shoot fairly fast, fast enough for me. however, the mags i have used with max-flos are incredibly reactive. you can easily enter "run-away" mode, where the gun practically shoots itself.

it really depends on how much money you have to spend. you can find a used maxxy in good condition for around 200, while you can get used flatlines for around 130. maxflows are a bit heavier.

so, if you can afford the more expensive tank, and the greater amount of paint you'll shoot, i say go with the max-flo. if you just want a tank thats extremely consistent and will recharge as fast as you pull, go with the flatline. and dont let the sp thing cloud your decision. what sp does as a company has no effect on theur air systems.

sps16
10-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by ZAust
if you just want a tank thats extremely consistent and will recharge as fast as you pull, go with the flatline.
so your saying you can't get that from a maxflo?

Z-man
10-27-2003, 01:23 AM
how about this:

Flatline: Meet's all requirements for Mag operation

MaxFlow: Exceeds all requirements for Mag operation.

ZAust
10-27-2003, 01:23 AM
no. i was just saying to show that flatlines are excellent tanks, you just wont get the same reactivity as you would with a max-flo.

ZAust
10-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Z-man
how about this:

Flatline: Meet's all requirements for Mag operation

MaxFlow: Exceeds all requirements for Mag operation.

couldnt have said it better myself.

Ityl
10-27-2003, 10:26 AM
I could always run my Hyperflow at a lower pressure than my Flatline and get the same reactivity. But we are talking small inaccurate gauges also. I liked the Centerflag also because it drained the line when it air was turned off, nifty little feature.

atcer
10-27-2003, 11:05 AM
which centerflag tank is that and how much is it?
i looked at the centerflag website and the prices there are pretty high, kinda like the agd store. if i could find it cheaper, that might be a good one.
the max flow is kina appealing right now too.

Spartan X
10-27-2003, 11:27 AM
I use a crossfire preset tank on my new viking and I have not had it crap out on me....I've hit 18 bps with no shoot down.

ZAust
10-27-2003, 05:56 PM
which centerflag tank is that and how much is it?
i looked at the centerflag website and the prices there are pretty high, kinda like the agd store. if i could find it cheaper, that might be a good one.
the max flow is kina appealing right now too.

it sounds like you are set on buying a new system. just to let you know, some great deals can be had in the trading forums, both here and on pbn. just cruise around for a used hyperflow.

Woogie12
10-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Flatline's are 350-370 at pbgear.com.

atcer
10-27-2003, 06:42 PM
they arnt in stock tho.
and ive had problems with pbgear before
but thanks anyway! :D

atcer
10-27-2003, 06:49 PM
one other quick question... ive allways only had 68ci tanks any one have any other size suggestions? how many shots have you guys been getting off your tanks. i wouldnt want one of those little peanut things because i tend to play back and shoot the paint. any thoughts on 88s?

smilestyler
10-27-2003, 07:59 PM
So what's the deal? Is there nothing better than the Maxflo?

atcer
10-27-2003, 09:20 PM
ok here is what ive found out about tanks

AA armaggeddeon (sp?): based on Mag air valve, but too pricy.

SP max flo: good reg. good price... but then my money goes to smart parts.(leaning twards this one, but not sure if i should wait for the new style to come out.)

Mac Dev conquest: looks good, nice features, output pressure too low.

Centerflag Dynaflow: seems nice, cant find one or a price.

AGD Flatline: works well, supports AGD, cant find one that doesnt cost 500

and thats about it.
i dont want any dumb screw in tanks so that eliminates alot of options there, and i dont want a preset, so that eliminates the rest of the options. haha this is such a difficult thing to do!

ZAust
10-27-2003, 10:43 PM
why are so set on buying new? buying used can save as much as 300 bucks.

sps16
10-27-2003, 10:44 PM
damn zach you waste no time :)

Shane-O-Mac
10-27-2003, 11:37 PM
The armageddon is not based on the mag valve, The apocalypse is similar but not the exactly the same. Keep your eyes open, as new 'geddons should be coming out much cheaper soon, as the new Abbadon (aluminum 'geddon)is being released very soon.

Shane-O

atcer
10-27-2003, 11:38 PM
well i bought my flatline used and the guy told me the hydro date wasnt til 04.... yeah no it was 04 03 so i have a flatline that i shouldnt be using... but people dont check hydro dates up here. I wouldnt mind going used if, IF, i knew that the tank didnt have to be hydroed for a while...(i realy would like one of the new 5 year hydro tanks) and if i knew that it was well taken care of and not too old. My friend bought a cocker that had a max flo on it and it was one of the old 2001 styles... he wasnt happy. I guess i could go used, but this is going to be an xmas present for myself, so i still have a couple of months.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
10-28-2003, 12:21 AM

AGD Flatline: works well, supports AGD, cant find one that doesnt cost 500

Did you try pming RogueFactor?

atcer
10-28-2003, 12:47 AM
i went to his profile page, and there was no pm option. i have only pmed someone once, so im not sure if i did it right, but shouldnt there be a pm button under thier posts too?

hardr0ck68
10-28-2003, 02:13 PM
ummm yeah, where are you guys getting this flow information? (on maxy's and flatlines and all) first off i have seen preset bottles keep up with a mag on 20bps auto, i have also seen a flatline do the same, i have never seen a maxy do it but i would think it could. Now Maxy's are a high maitance system, flatlines are fairly low, and presets work till they die (then ushally you mail it in and get a new reg). Air America systems are for all pratical pourposes the same as a flatline, i run 2 4500 raptors cause they are a butt load cheaper than flatlines and have a lifetime warrent (even if you bought it used, its still covered). i owned a old style maxy and hated it, and will never buy another cause SP dicked me around for months tryin to get replacement parts from them. but yeah DO NOT BELIEVE ANYONES FLOW INFORMATION UNTILL THEY PROVIDE GRAHPS, because im sure they are basing it off hype and experiances witht he systems. While that information may be useful it is not proven facts, its hearsay and preferance. Any airsystem on the market what goes uo to 700 psi output or higher will run a mag no issues.

sorry for my spelling, and for the rant

JT2002
10-28-2003, 02:46 PM
heres a beter idea. you already have a flatline, why not just spend 120 on a TANK ONLY from air america and go spend the extra on paint.wouldnt that be molto easier? DING DING DING!!!!

SlartyBartFast
10-28-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by hardr0ck68
DO NOT BELIEVE ANYONES FLOW INFORMATION UNTILL THEY PROVIDE GRAPHS

Too true. I refuse to believe that that reactivity which is purely based on input pressure is different from one tank to another.

Wouldn't the effect of poor/different flow be seen as shoot-down while sweet-spotting the trigger? How would it affect being able to sweet-spot?

atcer
10-28-2003, 06:22 PM
I would go get a new tank and slap it on there, but i dont want to haul around the football of a 114 to provide the amount of air that i need. I want a larger tank with the higher PSI. I live in Grand Forks, North Dakota... I play in Minneapolis, Minnesota. thats six hours away and its the closest place to get a HPA fill. I like to shoot around the house every once and a while. here is a great example. today i just got an X-valve. I cant install or tune the level ten, change my tank pressure, or see that it works correctly for another week or so. I would love to have a tank that i can fill at the end of the day, and wont leak, or run out with in a week. so i could take it home and still have enough air to mess around with. (i empty the 68ci 3k in one game.)

JT2002
10-28-2003, 06:36 PM
imho, you should really looking into picking up a scuba tank or two, u see, you are in the ideal situation for that. look at it like this, get 2 scubas, less gas money spent since 2 tanks will fill ur pball tank a bit. you will need less trips and have more air to shoot. like i said, you really are in the ideal situation for scuba tanks. id highly suggest looking into em