PDA

View Full Version : Halo Question

PRPB
10-27-2003, 07:55 AM
To all you halo users. How do the shells and lips hold up on point blank shots. I lost two revy lids this week and I don't want to deal with it anymore and I want to make sure that I won't have the same problem with the halo.

OfficerGoat
10-27-2003, 09:25 AM
The Halo is definantly more sturdy than a Revo. The lids though may not survive if hit right..(Than again I havent seen a lid on any loader that would) but its still ALOT tougher than the revos.

adam shannon
10-27-2003, 09:59 AM
ive owned 1 revy, 3 egg 2's, and 3 halos. of all of them the only hopper ive never had damaged thru play or simple dissasembly (damn egg2's) are the halo's. you cant take an egg2 apart let alone get it shot without it breaking.

afrankart
10-27-2003, 09:59 PM
I took 2 hits to the open lid of my Halo B yesterday while I was reloading, and although it did scuff up the plastic a little bit, it was otherwise unaffected. They are the rhinos of loaders. The plastic is much thicker and better quality of any loader I have seen.

-=Squid=-
10-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Hits wont do the damage...the screws do. I have had to send my halo back on 2 occassions for cracking around the screw areas, and in the case of the battery cover, completely disintigrating. With that being said, its still a far superior hopper to the egg. Buy it!!!

FragTek
10-28-2003, 09:07 AM
Structuraly HALO's are by far more sturdy.

When it comes down to internal components and software, bleh. I have had 4 halo's so far, each one has found a way to die on me somehow. I hate halo's with a passion, I am back to an Egg2 now, and it NEVER lets me down.

-=Squid=-
10-28-2003, 10:35 AM
What the crap? I have truthfully NEVER seen a single person who used an egg NOT have to send it back because of a burned out motor. Mabe it was just a bad run...

No sKiLLz
10-28-2003, 12:45 PM
I can't talk smack, but cool it on the Halo. I was a bonehead too and burned out motors back to back on a pair of Halos and after Odyssey replaced the motors free of charge they told me what my problem was. Don't use black, or half black, shelled paint. The IR can't detect it. If anything, get a Halo for the customer service. They didn't offer a dumba$$ clause in their warranty, but all the same they replaced both my motors for free, even though it says in the manual "Do not use dark shelled paint".

Oh yeah. They are very rugged.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
10-28-2003, 02:15 PM
I haven't burned out any motors...could be because I dont use dark shelled or half dark shelled paint. I did manage to break my battery cover, but that's because my dumb *** didn't read the instructions about how to tuck in the wire. I sent it to halo and got a new shell free of charge and got it back withing a week. Have to agree with NoSkillz on this...if anything just get it for the customer service...they still fix it even if you are the dumb *** that broke it. I've dropped my halo, superman dove with it and landed on it, taken several close hits on it and it has held up to it all.

f3rr3+
10-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by FragTek
Structuraly HALO's are by far more sturdy.

When it comes down to internal components and software, bleh. I have had 4 halo's so far, each one has found a way to die on me somehow. I hate halo's with a passion, I am back to an Egg2 now, and it NEVER lets me down.

thats messed up...

BobTheCow
10-28-2003, 10:10 PM
HALOs = r0x0r

They will most definitely hold up better than your revvies, and probably the eggos. The only thing I've had break on mine was the lid, but that was because of a crappy packing job from the guy I bought mine from. Odyssey has AMAZING customer service, in case anything does go wrong, and you'll get your baby back within a week.

i like tictacs
10-28-2003, 10:32 PM
I have a revy, egg2 and halo b with the zcode. the halo feels more solid then both and is balanced better then both. its a great loader as long as you dont mess with it.

PRPB
10-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the help. I ordered one already and I should have it next week hopefully. I just need to know a few more things. Are they pain to take a part to clean? And is there anything else I should know before using it? Also they say not to use black shell paint. What about a dark green, cause that is the paint I’ll be using most of the time.

i like tictacs
10-30-2003, 04:15 PM
theyre really no harder to clean then a revy taking-apart wise.