PDA

View Full Version : outwar.com is invading my computer!!

graycie
10-27-2003, 08:41 AM
How do I make it stop?!

I'll be online checking mail or one of the regular sites I visit then it will redirect me to the outwar.com site, its very annoying.How do I make it go away?

Restola
10-27-2003, 10:30 AM
I had some EXTREMELY aggressive spyware on my computer that would open webpages at random times. I clicked "NO" to the download requests, and it installed 5 programs anyways. It wanted to make me DOWNLOAD the uninstaller...

You can start by simply running Ad-Aware (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/).

That may not work however. I went into msconfig (Start < Run < "msconfig") and turned off every program that would start up (except two that I know about), then ran ad-aware, then deleted every file I didn't recognize.

That fixed the problem.

What these companies are doing should be illegal. I bought my harddrive and my internet service. These companies installing this garbage software against my wishes should be criminal.

MrMag
10-27-2003, 11:08 AM
lately i have been getting little popup windows saying "This Pop Up is not yet known to the annoying telemarketing companies, but they will find out about it soon. To stop this go to ENDADS.com" and it only comes up when my computer is idle.............i hate those mofos!

SIGSays
10-27-2003, 11:32 AM
yeah adaware should fix the problem for you,,, just run it everyonece in a while

graycie
10-27-2003, 12:12 PM
thanks for the info!

PyRo
10-27-2003, 12:17 PM
I have to agree about these things that just download themselves, they should get in the same kind of trouble the people who make these nasty viruses do, because they are basically the same thing. If you go to add-remove programs and know what to look for you can usually get rid of a couple of them. Then if they arn't in add/removehit ctrl alt del and look for any spyware or ad programs, find the actual files and just delete them. This worked well for me, but there was one program I couldn't get rid of, well I could get rid of it but it would require me getting rid of another program I wanted. I ran ad aware just to see what happend, not expecting much and it found tons of stuff I didn't know about, got rid of it all and now I rarley get popups, and if I do I just run ad aware and they are no more.

cphilip
10-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by graycie
thanks for the info!

mmmmmm ....since I gots me G5 I not had any of these normal mortals problems! :p

RT pRo AuToMaG
10-27-2003, 08:24 PM
don't get adaware, get spybot, it's much better.

PyRo
10-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Just know whats going on with your computer, don't install things to there default directories, organize everything, that way you can find where these damn programs are hiding themselves very easially :)