PDA

View Full Version : I-Mag Body Suggestion Box (re-posted)

hostage
10-27-2003, 09:38 AM
This is a work in progress! There are two Different things we are doing.
1. Milling on non-cnc AGDE bodies
2. Milling bodies from scratch.

For 2, we had to give up the breach idea, since AGDE asked us to. My x-mag standard body is going to be the first one to be milled. It will lighten it up and give it a cool look. We are looking at doing an original design and I came here for ideas, not critisim. If you have any cool ideas to edit the design lmk. Be a part of the solution, not the problem.
-Doron

P.S. if you have any questions post here. I decited to repost this, to address some previous questions.

http://129.21.144.201/~doron/pics/automag-4.jpg

TheAmazingJelloMag
10-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Noi suggestions but that looks Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaattttttttttttttttt!!!!

Just one question though, what was the breach Idea that you gave up on?

Mr.Orange
10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Hello all,

The post makes more sense now.

From what I see, I ask again about idea number 2. How are you going to get the steel ring inside the body for the bolt spring retainer if you do not have a removable module?

If the picture is of Idea number two, then it is just like the Extreme body but with windows for the valve. Maybe come up with something more original? Are the holes in the top and side for the possible mounting of top or side feed tubes, since you are not using a module?

I do have an idea if you are allowed to mill AGDE Extreme bodies, when it comes to the cutouts for the Valve windows, please don't cut them as far forward as they do on the Xmags, I hate seeing the stainless powertube on the Xvalves, it is really tacky. Just seeing the black aluminum of the valve itself would be really nice.

This is the kind of things that will help AGD out, is aftermarket items. Everyone wants to modify...

James
Naples Italy

Automaggin2
10-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Deve;op your own breach system that is different from AGDE's so you dont run into any legal troubles.

hostage
10-27-2003, 01:55 PM
SS-insert: the micromag, ule, and sluggo have a SS insert in them, we will go by what they have.

The breach idea is on hold for now. Either we will...

1. develop our own system in the future. (he needs to pay off some costs and make sure it is beneficial, before we go onto a totally new concept)

2. Do a possible lisence agreement with AGDE

3. See if AGDE will allow us to purchase their breaches and put them in our body.

We will not mill as far in as the x-mag, I to agree it goes in to far and looks tacky.
-Doron

hostage
10-27-2003, 07:48 PM
I played with fireworks. I want yalls opinions before I give it to my guy to enter into cad.
-Doron

http://129.21.144.201/~doron/pics/automag-3-1gif.jpg

Kevmaster
10-27-2003, 10:12 PM
IMHO, your "Original" design is hardly anything new. It is a slight variation on the current X-Mag bodies in production. However, whatever floats your boat.

hostage
10-27-2003, 10:13 PM
its still a work in progress, as mentioned, throw in ideas, not critism.
-Doron

chizle97
10-27-2003, 11:47 PM
nice design. I think it would look a little cooler if insted of forking the tail of the body u narowed it to a point. i dont know just my 2 scence. awsome idea though is tht designed for warps? i cant tell. or both?

Blennidae
10-27-2003, 11:56 PM
The X-mag and Dallara bodies have an "organic" design. Have you tried something more angular? Everyone like the SFL body, maybe something along those lines?

FooTemps
10-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Deadlywinds did a "stealth" body, but gave up on it for the dallara. Maybe you should try for the stealth approach?

Or maybe a body similar to hexis' sluggo proto design with a unibody twist. It's basically a reversed minimag body with sfl sight rail. It looks pretty cool imo. I can't find the link either.

hostage
10-28-2003, 05:30 AM
hrmm...to keep the backwards compatible for milling with the standard bodies, we might have to limit the milling more than we want :(. I think we are looking at putting cuts down the side with more of a taper than other mags, take off some of the meet on the sides on near the bottom and putting a custom logo on it. What do you think of having a logo, anything u want on the side? Between the cut and the feed?
-Doron

Heebs
10-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Be cool to see a SFL style body, milled a little more than they did.

Heebs

JT2002
10-28-2003, 05:14 PM
heres an idea i wanted to do a while ago. take the X design like they use for the xmag thats teh x with extended ends and such, and consider making the whole body milled like that, and have the X follow through the entire length of the body. u can do 2 designs, one with one X on each side (2 X's total), or one that just has teh X started on top or somehting, like the NYX trix milling

hostage
10-28-2003, 10:33 PM
How does this look so far? It has some stealthy edges on it and we kind of put an x on both sides.
-Doron
http://129.21.144.201/~doron/pics/automag-7e.jpg

Heebs
10-28-2003, 10:39 PM
I dont know if it would be overkill but could you do up the sides and front with some SFL style milling? I like the look of it so far.

Heebs

hostage
10-28-2003, 10:41 PM
we will do some other modifications, to get rid of the x-magish standard body look. the sides will be for a logo that will be milled into the side, we can do logos lettering etc.

mine, though it will have a breach from my AGDE body
http://129.21.144.201/~doron/pics/automag-7f.jpg

JT2002
10-28-2003, 11:01 PM
if you would be so kind to try. my idea was to have i guess u could say extensive milling, to make a true milled in X, with the right middle open spot on the X being where the window to teh valve is, and continuing the design throughout the body. any chance u can give me a copy of the program so i can learn how to do this and show u all what i mean? lol.. every time i try to explain it, it just doesnt connect heh.