PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to install an on/off switch to a warp at home?

snoogans
10-27-2003, 04:17 PM
if anyone knows how to do this, i am very interested but i don't want to send it in and have someone do it for me, i'd much rather just go to radioshack or w/e and get the parts and do it myself so if you can be any help to me please lmk. thanks guys :D

Southpaw
10-28-2003, 02:20 AM
I think that this will work a bit more than what you asked for but you should give it a try straightforward. Warp Feed MODS (http://obdo.flipty.com/mods-12vwarpfeed.htm)

snoogans
10-30-2003, 05:18 PM
thanks, i don't want to do that 12vt crap to it tho so if anyone knows a site just with the LED and such lmk plz. thanks guys.

Southpaw
10-30-2003, 10:46 PM
just do the same thing but no 2nd batt. I think the led would be good too. But you should be able to just cut a power wire and put a switch inline and then drill a small hole in the warp and you are done.

paintballaholick
10-31-2003, 09:22 AM
its really easy...u just take the red wire that connects to the battery bracket and cut it, connect the 2 ends to the on/off switch and ur good!

FragTek
11-12-2003, 11:19 AM
http://obdo.flipty.com/mods-12vwarpfeed.htm

Check out that link. Thats where I got all of the info to mod my warpy to the max!

joker4hire
11-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by snoogans
if anyone knows how to do this, i am very interested but i don't want to send it in and have someone do it for me, i'd much rather just go to radioshack or w/e and get the parts and do it myself so if you can be any help to me please lmk. thanks guys :D

If all you are trying to do is to turn the warp "on" with a flick of a switch then "off" with another flick just run a switch inbetween one of the 9 volt wires. It will cost you like 3 bucks to buy all the parts at radio shack.

buy a small switch
(maybe some wire if you want it clean)
(also need a soldering gun/iron to make it clean as well)

there are two cables (red and black) that plug into your 9volt.

cut (splice) one (any one, but just one)

solder one loose end of the wire to a connector on the switch, then close the circuit by soldering the other loose wire to the other connector on the switch and yer done :)

PM me if this doesn't make any sense.