PDA

View Full Version : Longest Wait for an X-Mag?!

DiRTyBuNNy
10-27-2003, 07:08 PM
I was just wondering who is the reigning champ for waiting the longest for their X-Mag. As of next months (only a week away) I will have waited a year for my X-Mag to show up and i wanted to know who else is in my boat.

Recon by Fire
10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
I was contacted by AGD earlier this month about my number coming up for this batch. That made it right about 12 months wait, then of course add another 6-8 weeks for completion and delivery.

AutomagRT1483
10-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Definately not me, I've been on the list since the latter part of March. ;)

kevdupuis
10-27-2003, 08:10 PM
Deb's been on the list since March also.

jayel579
10-27-2003, 08:17 PM
wow, a year? how can anyone wait that long? you guys are patient. i would of given up after a month.

AMessy
10-27-2003, 09:10 PM
I have been waiting pretty much a year and i'm still not in the current batch cuz i'm waiting for a warp breech.

Originally posted by jayel579
wow, a year? how can anyone wait that long? you guys are patient. i would of given up after a month.

I couldn't wait, i bought one a while back from a dealer who had some ordered early just to hold me over until the one i want with the warp breech comes in.

Creative Mayhem
10-27-2003, 09:24 PM
Technically, since I got mine from magman007's dealer in Chile, my preorder should still be in the pipe. If it is, it's been over a year for me. Hmmmm, I wonder.... :confused:

DiRTyBuNNy
11-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Well..I think I just passed the year milestone this month...no gun in sight...woot woot for me...where's my birthday cake?

EsPo
11-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
Well..I think I just passed the year milestone this month...no gun in sight...woot woot for me...where's my birthday cake?
Who knows, but your over-rated over-milled.. but overly sexy gun is going to be at your house soon (I should hope).

dmonahan
11-06-2003, 01:40 PM
DB. Why are you whining. If I recall you passed on the last batch because you didn't like the ano.

jayel579
11-06-2003, 02:25 PM
did you guys have to pay for this gun upfront?

Banshee23
11-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Nah you don't need to give em' any money til they tell you you're in the next batch

DiRTyBuNNy
11-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by dmonahan
DB. Why are you whining. If I recall you passed on the last batch because you didn't like the ano.

Yes, I passed on the last batch because the anno was so inferior I wasn't going to pay good money for garbage...

dmonahan
11-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Then stop complaining. There are not a lot of manufactures that will let you special order a marker,choose your ano and then let you change you mind with out some sort of penalty. AGD has been very accommodating to the people on this site and I for one am getting tired of people complaining. If you don't like the wait go but something else and spare us having to listen to all the sniveling.

DiRTyBuNNy
11-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Then stop complaining. There are not a lot of manufactures that will let you special order a marker,choose your ano and then let you change you mind with out some sort of penalty. AGD has been very accommodating to the people on this site and I for one am getting tired of people complaining. If you don't like the wait go but something else and spare us having to listen to all the sniveling.

Well..under your reasoning AGD shouldn't ask people what they want the anno to be if they're going to accept substandard work and then ask you to pay for it. That's like saying you should pay for a BigMac that was thrown together with one pice of meat, a half a slice of cheese and some stale bread and you should like it because that's all they have and they don't have to go the extra mile. I'm paying $1400 to have a marker made the way I want it to be made. If they didn't want to deal with people complaining they should have made it just like the Model T..You can have any color you want...as long as it's black..

Konigballer
11-06-2003, 04:17 PM
geez guys, enough of the whining. AGD only has so many elves in the workshop knockin' these things out. It takes them a long time because elves have very small hands..:p

dmonahan
11-06-2003, 05:10 PM
No..your just a little off base. What I'm saying is (now read it slow so you understand) I for one am tired of people complaining especially when they turn down the 1st marker that was made for them. AGD did not have to give you the opportunity to bump someone else further down the list and make another marker for you. They could have told you take it or get back in line.You should be grateful they care about the customer enough to do so. You should thank the person that now has to wait longer to get their maker because of you. Then you have the nerve to complain about it.

Now please don't try and school me on how customer service works. I run a C/R dept for a major auto mfg and honestly people that complain even when a mfg bends over backward to try and take care of them (witch AGD did for you) frost my backside. If you want to complain even in a light hearted way do us all a favor and go into your bathroom close the door and complain in the mirror and save use the grief.

deadeye9
11-06-2003, 06:42 PM
I've been waiting my whole life for an X-mag. :)

DiRTyBuNNy
11-06-2003, 07:06 PM
No..your just a little off base. What I'm saying is (now read it slow so you understand) I for one am tired of people complaining especially when they turn down the 1st marker that was made for them. AGD did not have to give you the opportunity to bump someone else further down the list and make another marker for you. They could have told you take it or get back in line.You should be grateful they care about the customer enough to do so. You should thank the person that now has to wait longer to get their maker because of you. Then you have the nerve to complain about it.

Now please don't try and school me on how customer service works. I run a C/R dept for a major auto mfg and honestly people that complain even when a mfg bends over backward to try and take care of them (witch AGD did for you) frost my backside. If you want to complain even in a light hearted way do us all a favor and go into your bathroom close the door and complain in the mirror and save use the grief.

And my job is second level support for a small software company and I do C/R all day long...big deal. Did AGD have to make me a new one? No. Am I allowed to complain that the work that was done on the first was flawed and unacceptable under anybody's circumstances and I unlike a lot of people here are not afraid to incur the wrath of Tom to voice my opinion?. Bending over backwards when it was your fault is not something you do out of the goodness of your heart. If someone ordered a crate engine and you sent them a quarter panel they have a right to be irritated that you're taking too long to send the crate engine. It's your fault that their is a problem and it is your responsibility to make it right.

deadeye9
11-06-2003, 07:16 PM
I didn't mean to get in the middle of this. :)

dmonahan
11-06-2003, 07:18 PM
Complain. Yes you are. Heck to a point I agree. But on and on like a broken record. Come on. Get over it and move on. Were tired of hearing about it. You knew how long the wait was. Buck up and deal with it.

wyn1370
11-06-2003, 07:22 PM
here, here DB, I'm in complete agreement

$tevo
11-06-2003, 08:16 PM
If someone ordered a crate engine and you sent them a quarter panel they have a right to be irritated that you're taking too long to send the crate engine. It's your fault that their is a problem and it is your responsibility to make it right.

the onlything wrong with ur xmag was the anno? but ur making it sound like they tried to give you a 68 classic instead of an xmag. it might be just me, but if the anno was a little off i wouldnt mind. looks come after performance

Muzikman
11-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Hmm...you guys have never sent a gun to a custom gun shop have you? 1 Year wait is cake, try waiting 2 or 3 years and see how bad it hurts;)

ben_JD
11-06-2003, 08:21 PM
I would imagine I am close to the longest wait for an X-Mag. I waited about 16 months.

Originally posted by ben_JD on February 19, 2003:
I placed my deposit on my X-Mag in early November, 2001. That was about 15 months ago. The order from my dealer to AGD was placed earlier that my order was placed with my dealer.

I was 28 years old when I ordered by X-Mag and my 30th birthday was yesterday. My X-Mag has not yet been delivered.Of course, the wait was worth it.

wimag
11-06-2003, 08:56 PM
ah just let DB voice it out, if he is displeased with it then let it be.
yes your wait is over a year at your own accord.

I thought it was amusing when you kept on asking who bought "your gun" the one you refused. which was at IAO.
It was never your gun, you refer to it as flawed ,inferior, garbage, so why on earth would you indicate it was yours in the ever annoying third person dialect?

Bucky
11-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by $tevo
looks come after performance

psh, no way. its like this, would you buy a viper that was perfect except for the paint job? yea it runs good, but it still looks like booty. the people who bought, and are buying x-mags are shelling out quite a hefty sum of money and deserve to get the highest quality product that agd has to offer, as well they should be able to voice their opinion and refuse sale if it doesn't meet the standers of what the marker should be.

DiRTyBuNNy
11-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by wimag
ah just let DB voice it out, if he is displeased with it then let it be.
yes your wait is over a year at your own accord.

I thought it was amusing when you kept on asking who bought "your gun" the one you refused. which was at IAO.
It was never your gun, you refer to it as flawed ,inferior, garbage, so why on earth would you indicate it was yours in the ever annoying third person dialect?

actually it wasn't at IAO...it was WC just a few short weeks ago...and the reason I kept asking if anyone had bought "my gun" was because the anno was so bad that I couldn't see anyone else shelling out in upwards of $1500 for it..

spantol
11-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Didn't look so bad in person...

DiRTyBuNNy
11-07-2003, 01:13 PM
it is when you ask for a blue-to-black fade..not a gun with two shades of blue and a half gray barrel...

Konigballer
11-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Im not saying you should have returned the Xmag...but I understand. Personally I would have kept it. However, your basically shelling out for the ferrari of paintball guns. Its definetly a good bit of money, and if I ever purchased a real ferrari and they gave me a black one instead of a red one I'd be pissed off.

Despite the huge price gap, in both situations your paying a premium price for a premium product and you should expect to get exactly what you paid for.

However, mistakes do happen and you happend to get the short end of the stick in that situation but when you returned the marker you knew it was going to take a LONG time before you got a correct one back. I just think everyone wants you to accept that responsability and tough it out.