PDA

View Full Version : stacked bolt blow forward

danheneise
10-27-2003, 08:26 PM
the only thing i don't know is if there would be enough air pressure to push the ball out, after going through the two bolts.

http://mysite.verizon.net/dan.heneise/new mag design.JPG

i have another design that i will start on, especially if this one looks like it won't work,

also on the far right is a back view of the two bolts, the bottom two groves would ride on a track on the bottom of the inside of the body to guide up right for the bolt pin to come in through the top.

paintballbeaver
10-28-2003, 10:17 PM
pretty intresting

Its more or less a pnuematic spyder or a bushmaster - the electronics but it has potenital useing the lvl ten bolt you could accomplish high speeds of fire w/ out chops

danheneise
10-28-2003, 10:39 PM
like a retard i forgot how to post the specifics on how it would work. ok the bottum part is an xvalve with a custom L10 bolt that rides on a track which lines it up for the top bolt pin, basically it's a normal mag that just pushes an extra bolt forward, no reall exciting thing here except it might interest people that use the taller more electro pneumatic like guns to use agd powered markers.

the only possible problem that it would have is with the reduced pressure in the L10 it might not have enough umph to push both bolts forward or if it did work it would be EXTREMELY soft on paint lol.

paintballbeaver
10-28-2003, 10:45 PM
i think that as long as it was supported correctly you should hve no prob w/ the lvl x most lx probs happen when its off set or mispressured but if you just take and aling the bolt so that there is no resistance (besides hitting the ball) the bolt should act normal and function fine

danheneise
10-29-2003, 12:14 PM
how much would making the top bolt out of delrin help? and from what i understood from your last post is that if i made the top bolt have a smaller bore size so that it dosen't create as much friction it should work better right?

now just to get a mill :D

Impuls
10-29-2003, 09:42 PM
Cool idea. Also AutoCad2004 is very cool :D

paintballbeaver
10-29-2003, 10:39 PM
well w/ this its a really good idea to have delrin becasue w/ aluminum you may get some unwanted binding (orings Ect.)

keep it simple use a delrin bolt and a pull pin on top

well maybe pull pin may get a little close to the feed tube but no bigge on that

but this idea does have good potential though it is kinda an overdesign it is cool and a good option keep it simple.

i have a micromag body we could possibly base it off of or you could get design ideas on but its a really cool idea stacked blow forward w/ rt :)

danheneise
10-30-2003, 12:18 AM
i was thinking of also using an xvalve to minimize in weight and also still keep a rail so that the user can change sears if needed and also change forgips and make it so that the body and rail are milled to match each other so that there's only a small crack between the two, i'd even be possible to put an emag trigger frame/battery on here and most likely install some sort of anti chop eye, also i was thinking of some sort of curvy cuts in the back, starting at the bottom at the front of the valve and mabye have sort of an "S" shape moving up the body, i'm sure theres someone on these forums who would be interested in a milling job :D

Hexis
10-30-2003, 08:22 AM
I have to be brutal for a second. What is the point of this? All you have done is added complexity and an extra tube to a mag valve assembly. What would this accomplish other than to make the marker larger, heavier and less reliable? It looks to me like this design it different for the sake of being different, not to improve on the design.

danheneise
10-30-2003, 11:43 AM
you are absolutly correct, but the point of it is to bring people that don't care for the tube look of a mag to use a mag, using delrin for the top bolt, milling out the rail, and using the aluminum xvalve and aluminum body, it probably wouldn't be THAT much heavier, mabye around the weight of a stock cocker or something around that range.

personally i like my electro magnetic design better, and am trying to think of different ways to make it work.