PDA

View Full Version : Problems in this Xmag Batch

AGD
10-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Well as usual something comes up to ruin my day. We have converted to a standard aluminum valve to elminate the problems of keeping valves with different logos in stock. We decided on a plain X for all of them. Unfortunately we forgot to check the logo position in the Xmags before we lasered all that we have.

Now it turns out that the logo hides under the Xmag body as shown below. We will not have another batch of valves come through for a couple months so we cant simply replace them.

For those of you with guns in this batch here are your options.
1. You can refuse the order
2. You can take the gun as is and get a replacement valve when they become available in a couple months.
3. You can take the gun as is and get a 50 dollar discount, no valve replacement.
4. You can refuse the order and get inline in the next batch after this one that is processing through now. We only have ½ of the current batch inhouse so the others still coming in will have this problem too.

By now everyone should just expect this kind of thing when it comes to Xmags. Also if you saw your gun in the pics you might not be getting it becasue we sent a bunch back because of scratches in the ano.

Sorry again,

AGD

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/problem_lrg.jpg

sneakyhacker420
10-27-2003, 09:18 PM
the X is just too plain IMO... :(

Nick O time
10-27-2003, 09:25 PM
but i do think it is kinda cool i would take one since they are so rare. would you consider selling me one of them??? i would buy it for the full price of an x valve of coarse.

MaGSkEr
10-27-2003, 09:26 PM
Yea, don't let it get you too down. Give it a year, or a month, or an hour, and these rare collectables will be selling for millions.

Tunaman
10-27-2003, 09:44 PM
The plain "X" is super lame. Make sure mine say "Xmag" on the valve.

Nick O time
10-27-2003, 09:49 PM
for probably full price of a regular x valve.

RRfireblade
10-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Tom, I'd just like to say I feel so bad for you,really,it just doesn't seem fair for you to be having so many problems.These Xmag mags should be the savior of AGD not such a source of stress.Just know that some of us here really do appreciate your efforts.

Jay.

That being said,I am so glad I got "X MAG" on my valve.

LaW
10-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Man to be in your shoes, I can only imagine how much my head would hurt by now.

Kevmaster
10-27-2003, 10:08 PM
I think the Xmag looks MUCH better than the X. If im spending $1200 (which I did) on a gun, I dont want ANY costs cut anywhere. If you want to streamline, add something over it "AGD" maybe...

AutomagRT1483
10-27-2003, 10:22 PM
How does this work out if I ordered mine through a dealer? I want mine and I can wait a couple months to replace the valve. Hell, I'll even come straight down to AGD to get it replaced. Please LMK. My dealer was Steve Distad so please get on the horn to him.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-27-2003, 10:25 PM
hey these things could be collectables! lol now i want one!

AutomagRT1483
10-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Is this valve replacement free? Or is there going to be a charge?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
10-27-2003, 10:35 PM
.....hmm...if only there was a easy fix to this.

frost
10-27-2003, 10:39 PM
tom please sell these ill pay full price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DiRTyBuNNy
10-27-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm kind of sad that I can't get my X-Mag valve #317 but I'd have to say that I totally understand Tom..it's the body..not the valve that makes the gun special...and i actually do like the new X only valve..it stands out a lot more....and as for the options above..I'll take #2 please...

btw, can we get some better pix of the guns that have arrived so far?

Nick O time
10-27-2003, 10:52 PM
so i made a thread about it post in it and we will see how many people want one. i would be willing to pay full price as well. you can even put some little mark on it that signifies that it is not under warranty, i don't care i just want one very badly.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108675

Potatoboy
10-27-2003, 10:56 PM
You know...

I was mentioning the valve standardization to someone today and that very thing crossed my mind.

I thought it was funny when I first saw the valve.

Guys, these valves that are traded in will likely be used on an RTPro or Emag, or sold as an Xvalve.

The serial numbers and valves are being standardized for that reason, it just so happens that this current batch is good for everything *but* the xmag.

JT2002
10-27-2003, 11:02 PM
imo, its is waaaayyyy too plain with there just being an x. this is the creme of the crop, your top of the line marker, make sure eveyone knows the name, and even throw AGD on tehre so they know they gettin owned by a mag :D i think it loses that special'ness it has with there just being an x, as if theres nothing in that ugn better than an ole mech xvalve,
imo it should say XMag...
Say it loud and say it proud!

;) :D (OMG THE PLAINESS IS HURTING ME!!!. Tom maybey the mess up is an omen that someone up high wants it to say "Xmag" rather than just "X" :D (sry plz dont take that the wrong way:( :) )

frost
10-27-2003, 11:02 PM
hey mags dont break as is so idc if its not covered!!!!!!

vf-xx
10-27-2003, 11:35 PM
Well I don't have an xmag on hold so this doesn't affect me one way or the other, but I for one like the plain X. There is a certian smooth subtly to it. Then again I've always been a fan of sublte things. I don't want gaudy flashy. I am aware that the mainstream doesn't follow this so hey, at least everybody's NOT against you..

Rope a Dope
10-28-2003, 12:12 AM
I like the plain X

It's a paintball gun.. not a tacky tattooed billboard.

I have an Angel Speed and it just says Angel on the side. Not "Super duper Speed Angel WDP word to yo mutha" all over it.

God you guys are cheesey... get a sense of style.

Maybe theses guys can help you out:
http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/about.jpg

:D

Nick O time
10-28-2003, 12:18 AM
your gun says angel on it, the X Mag should say XMag on it. plain and simple with the X it just looks so basic, jus think what if your gun had no milling on it rope a dope what would you think of it then?

Rope a Dope
10-28-2003, 12:26 AM
It does have milling, so does the X-Mag, but I don't like having a bunch of words all over my gun saying what it is... the X is sleek and stylish, having a bunch of words all over the gun kinda takes away from the nice milling and makes it look a bit tacky.

But we really can't argue when it comes to beauty when it lies in the eye of the beholder.

I'm just sayin'... I like the X. Too bad it got messed up on the X-mag... that's gotta hurt. :(

Nick O time
10-28-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope

But we really can't argue when it comes to beauty when it lies in the eye of the beholder.

That is quite true. But I am just saying I liked the old valves more just said XMag just looked so nice imo. It was beautiful, I am glad that I have one with that on my valve. Any how I really want one of the bad valves.:D

epterry
10-28-2003, 01:24 AM
Hmm. the way things are going wrong around AGD makes me think of Rocky and Bullwinkle because everything that could go wrong does. On the other hand, maybe it’s Murphy, I have often wondered if he had not made his law if it would still be in affect. :confused: :cool:

nuclear zombie
10-28-2003, 01:41 AM
I should be in the next batch , I like the idea of a plain "x" better, but the "x" being under the body makes me cringe .

If we go ahead and get them, then trade valves later,will there be any way to keep the numbers in order of when they were made?

Keep up the good work Tom !

RRfireblade
10-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Yes,I think that was well covered,the X doesn't line up properly on the Xmag,but thanks for the recap.;)

cphilip
10-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Orange
Hello all,

I think what is being said, and being missed is that there is nothing wrong with the valves for the Xmag. ...

The Xmags do not have that little turn milled into the guide for the stud to lock into. When you push the valve into the body, it just goes straight in, no little turn to the left. So they milled the valves with that little groove in mind on normal mags, and what you see is a logo to high in the body due to the missing turn.

_

Ok then start deleting... It has nothing to do with the locator pin. Its the location of the etching HAS to be different for the X Mags. but you are right. There is nothing wrong with the valve. Its the body thats the issue.

If it was the pin then there would be a difference in the location of the Field strip screw. See? The right angle of field strip screw is the same for all of them. The locator pin was actualy a slight turn off from level. So it come back to level. But even so it will not line up the logo even if it had one...So...if you purchased one of these lets say and put it in your regular Emag, or any mag other the a Xmag, the Logo would be in the right position. Which is not exactly straight to the side. To give you a clock reference: A normal logo at it center when installed in any mag is at about 10 O'clock (estimate might be 10:30 or so). For the X Valve it needs to be at 9 O'clock or a little of its hidden by the lower edge of the upper body. Not so in any other mag. the site rail does not come down that far.

The bodies of the Emag and RT pro allow for the logo to be a little higher up and not perpendicular. The X Mag opening does not. So they found out the hard way that if they do them all the same as they used to in the same old postition its partialy covered in the X Valve. Got it?

The solution is to do them all centering the logo at 9 O'clock next time. Then they all will be the same. And this will work.

Bolter
10-28-2003, 09:08 AM
my valve is like this and it doesn't bother me...

its still absolutley rocks! :D

cphilip
10-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Bolter
my valve is like this and it doesn't bother me...

its still absolutley rocks! :D

Good point. If you had a regular emag valve in your X mag, like the early X mags in Europe would have had, it would be partialy covered. Because its center is higher up like that. All if the valves prior to the first X mag valves were not at 9 O'Clock. They just forgot that when they had all these lazer etched and had them done the same way as the old valves postion was.

FragTek
10-28-2003, 09:16 AM
It does have milling, so does the X-Mag, but I don't like having a bunch of words all over my gun saying what it is... the X is sleek and stylish, having a bunch of words all over the gun kinda takes away from the nice milling and makes it look a bit tacky.

A "bunch of words all over the gun"????? U must be joking, because we are muttering over one three letter word, that word being "mag".

Now, by adding the word "mag" takes away from the milling and makes it look tacky? LOL.

Im sorry, thats just funny.

Bolter
10-28-2003, 09:19 AM
not sure what you meant cphilips but i just bought the x-valve a month ago and it is like that picture in toms post.

Doesn't bother me at all.

cphilip
10-28-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Bolter
not sure what you meant cphilips but i just bought the x-valve a month ago and it is like that picture in toms post.

Doesn't bother me at all.

Ok well same thing. All of the valve are etched off center. Other than the actual earlier X Mag specific valves. So if you bought an after market X Valve it was etched at like 10 O'clock (or so). Not so the X MAG valves. They were done at 9 O'clock positions. You could not buy an "X Mag" etched valve aftermarket. There was no differnce in the vavles other than that position of the etching. See what I mean now? Your X Valve would have been etched at the old standard postion. So it would do the same thing. Hide under the edge of the X Body.

The solution and what was forgotten was that when they decided to do them all the same... they should have chosen to use the position that they had adopted for the "X Mag" valves instead of the older slighty higher position they used to use.

Bolter
10-28-2003, 09:32 AM
aha!!! ok cool. yeah i get it. soz
:)

dansim
10-28-2003, 10:54 AM
i like the single x

C_22
10-28-2003, 01:16 PM
I know it's easy for me to say this since I already got my X-Mag last batch, but IMHO the single X looks great (in fact I have the "X" logo as wallpapper :D ) and looks just a great even with the "flaw".

Rope a Dope
10-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by FragTek

Now, by adding the word "mag" takes away from the milling and makes it look tacky?.

I guess not everyone pays attention to detail.

I bet this is your "Sport"'s car: http://www.beaterz.com/reviews/1199/p14_astro_sport/astro_sport.jpg

See? It says "Sport"!!!

Originally posted by FragTek

Im sorry, that's just funny.

LOL!!!!!!!!! I found LOL on AOL!!! That's "hella" funny man!! AhahahAHhaaha!! Have ya ever seen that Jeff Foxworthy? Ya know "you might be a redneck"?! That guy has me rolling!!! How about music? I don't know if it gets any better when Michael Bolton sings when a man loves a woman. I celebrate the mans entire collection, but you must be a HUGE fan.

Blazingace
10-28-2003, 03:46 PM
It's cool. Just send my X-mag over I don't care.

logamus
10-28-2003, 04:34 PM
well to be quite honest, the x matters not to me. im just curious when the valves annoed like the ule bodies are coming.

logamus
10-28-2003, 04:36 PM
I don't know if it gets any better when Michael Bolton sings when a man loves a woman. I celebrate the mans entire collection, but you must be a HUGE fan.

top five comedy of all time in my book. you made me giggle out loud.

RenagadeOfFunk
10-28-2003, 04:50 PM
IF someone denies it....and you have some x-valves left over, tom ..... ILL BUY IT!!!!

...A new name for these are "The Jamie Kenedy's"....cause you've been "X"ed

kevdupuis
10-28-2003, 05:22 PM
NP Tom. Deb says she'll take option #3. She said that it will add character to her marker.

tony3
10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
The only problem I see with the X is that now there is no way to tell what gun it is, you should mill xmag somewhere into the gun, but I love the single X, flows with the gun better

xmaglover00420
10-28-2003, 08:59 PM
I have a older Xmag than most, the serial is xt00258. The battery case isn't milled like most I see now. Mine says Xmag, and I love it. Although it wouldn't have made a hill of beans to me if it just said X. It'll still rip the other team a new one just like mine does. I just hate that Tom has something like this go wrong when so many people are waiting for their new Xmag. Personally, I think they'll become collector's items. Doesn't really matter in the end, the guy you'd be blasting with it isn't going to know if there's a mag or a dog or a hobbit engraved on your valve. So long as it slings the paint, it's all that really matters.

And I, for one, thing the single X looks good.

C_22
10-28-2003, 09:03 PM
*NODS*

Meph
10-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Hmmmmmmmm. Idear.

Would it be both faster and cheaper for you Tom if instead of waiting for all new valves. You just quickly (as soon as you possibly can, of course) pump out the new reg-body portion? All somebody would have to do is unscrew the regulator from valve, take the innards and swap, reinstall with new aligned X. And you would then of course proceed to melt down those misaligned bastardos.

Except one. Put on in the EMR museum! It's a collectible now.

AutomagRT1483
10-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
Is this valve replacement free? Or is there going to be a charge?

And what do we do if we ordered from a dealer?

jayel579
10-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by AGD

For those of you with guns in this batch here are your options.
1. You can refuse the order
2. You can take the gun as is and get a replacement valve when they become available in a couple months.
3. You can take the gun as is and get a 50 dollar discount, no valve replacement.
4. You can refuse the order and get inline in the next batch after this one that is processing through now. We only have ½ of the current batch inhouse so the others still coming in will have this problem too.

guys have been waiting for over a year for these things, and they may have to wait a few more months for the proper valve. this gun is turning into a unicorn

FragTek
10-29-2003, 12:32 AM
[B]

I guess not everyone pays attention to detail.

You have it all backwards though, I happen to have a keen sense of detail, and my detail sensory nerves are telling me that there is a lot less to appreciate with one giant boring X, as opposed to adding some very fine laser etching thats easy to appreciate.

I wouldnt give a ***** which one I got, but I would much rather prefer the X-Mag etching over the giant X.

edweird
10-29-2003, 08:58 AM
I dunno about you... but all I see here is potential for future custom laser engraving under the X

cphilip
10-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483

And what do we do if we ordered from a dealer?

Doesn't matter. If you ordered from an Official AGD dealer the warranty is through AGD. So register the marker with AGD and deal direct with AGD on it. As usual you will need an RMA # so you will need that from AGD when this happens. And if you need assistance your dealer can help you. But this should be something you do not need to go through your dealer to do. It should be easy for AGD to know its one involved by the serial numbers.

AutomagRT1483
10-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Thanks cphil.

Tobe2be
10-29-2003, 12:54 PM
umm i know ima get bashed for this cuz i didnt read the first page of this thread. but say if the current people that are waiting for there X dont want the gun. is it possible for someone not on the list to be able to purchase these "messed up" X cuz you know what i really want one and a little mess up on the valve wont stop me. anyways i think they still look sweet

kevdupuis
10-29-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by edweird
I dunno about you... but all I see here is potential for future custom laser engraving under the X

The wife and I were thinking the same thing.

AutomagRT1483
10-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Alright, I sent the dealer an email and told him I want to take the gun as is and replace the vlave once they are availible. Personally, now that I think about it, the X looks good all by itself. I mean, we all know it a mag so it really doesnt seem to have mag engraved with the X. Thats my 2 cents.

Nighthawk765
11-01-2003, 07:11 PM
heh heh I have one of the messed up valves...sorry for the size

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/021103-PA300031.JPG

AutomagRT1483
11-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Did AGD get the rest of the bodies in house yet?

Digits
11-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by edweird

ya just throught 'Mag' under the X and it should look fine

LaW
11-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Nighthawk765
heh heh I have one of the messed up valves...sorry for the size

The valves are not messed up....

Nighthawk765
11-02-2003, 11:47 AM
i know that they're not messed up... I ment the laser engraving of the "X"

LaW
11-02-2003, 11:52 AM
so you just got one of the new valves? haha the engraving of the X is just wrong for the xmag, its fine for all their other markers.

:)

Nighthawk765
11-02-2003, 11:54 AM
oops i should of read all the posts then :)

i won it at the chat party :cool:

Digits
11-02-2003, 01:49 PM

Dunno how much it'd cost.. But if you could give people the option of putting there own little saying under the 'X'.. That would make one hell of a collectable

cgrieves
11-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Just a suggestion- why not laser a solid-filled white "X Mag" logo slightly under and to the left of the existing "X" so that the original "X" is a drop shadow for the logo?

Nighthawk765
11-02-2003, 04:34 PM
I will be selling my x-valve... it is the single "X" valve and has never been used(it is in the box)

Pic of valve (http://www.uploadit.org/files2/021103-PA300031.JPG)

It is in the trading forum.

OmniM
06-05-2004, 03:09 PM
This is a pretty old thread, but I just bought a brand new X-Mag from AGDE and it has that valve. Can I still change it?

/OmniM, Sweden

JT2002
06-05-2004, 03:37 PM
why didnt u just start a new thread?

OmniM
06-05-2004, 03:38 PM
why didnt u just start a new thread?

Why start a new when there already is one on the topic?

Stealthgerbil
06-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Heh, if these valves are considered mess-ups, be sure to send a few down my way ;)

Swede X-mag
06-06-2004, 06:16 AM
Live with it! :D

coolcatpete
06-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Holy thread reserection.
I am sure you could if its messed up you should be able to get what you paid for.
Pete