PDA

View Full Version : Evo II and feednecks

Crap_Boy_Smith
10-28-2003, 08:45 AM
I am looking to buy an evo II hopper and plan to upgrade soon to an ULE VF body. Right now I have a p/f body. If I buy the evo II now, would I have to sand it down for the vl elbow? Also, does an evo II hopper need to be sanded to fit the regular vert feed neck of an ULE body?

The reason I'm not buying the body first is becuase I want a black one - out of stock :(

Anyway any help is appreciated.

Dayspring
10-28-2003, 09:58 AM
yes and yes.

Crap_Boy_Smith
10-28-2003, 10:04 AM
maybe this would be a better question to ask

Does anyone here have a sanded evo II for the ULE vert feed body and can get it to fit without further sanding into a VL adjustable elbow?

That way If I buy the evo II and sand it down to fit the Vl elbow It would not be too small to fit into the ULE body.

Thanks again

The Deacon
10-28-2003, 01:05 PM
If you do sand it down too far, you can get replacement race tracks for the EvoII for like 6 bucks or so from some sites on the internet.

Or you can get a Angel-threaded feedneck w/ O-rings on the inside to grip the hopper like the NW feednecks do.

Eric Cartman
10-29-2003, 11:58 AM
I've got an egg II on my vert feed ULE body. After I sanded it down to fit in my feedneck, it will still fit in the elbow on my old powerfeed mag as well. If you're worried about sanding it down too far, I'd suggest one of two things, get an adjustable clamping elbow (so you shouldn't have to sand it down too much) or just get some spare raceways (the two pieces that fit together to make the feedneck) like Deacon said. I think I paid about $2.50 each for some replacement raceways at a local store in Toronto. You can probably get them even cheaper in the U.S.

I hope you get your ULE body soon. I found that the egg sits mighty high on a powerfeed with an elbow.

Cheers.

krafty
10-29-2003, 04:05 PM
I used my Egg2 with a VLbow and the neck was unsanded. It worked just fine.

Crap_Boy_Smith
10-29-2003, 04:42 PM
thanks for the help! Ended up getting a ULE first....