PDA

View Full Version : Paintball on OLN tonight

deadeye9
10-28-2003, 10:52 AM
Just a reminder:

X-Fire
Premieres Tuesday, Oct. 28 at 9pm ET/PT

X-Fire combines paintball combat with James Bond-style missions. Each episode is comprised of three missions, where strike teams compete against an elite team of warriors -- the X-Fire "Special Forces." Missions consist of hi-tech drama, gadgets, explosions, emulsifiers and the "Dangerous Divas" of the paint-wielding world.

10/28/2003 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM Retrievel [sic]
10/29/2003 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM Retrievel [sic]

Halliday
10-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Great, I don't get OLN here. More time to watch "24"..... :)

WARPED1
10-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Never heard of it, but its pretuned on my cable remote!:D

Rope a Dope
10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
I was gonna set it for my TiVo....

But James Bond style paintball?!?!?

I'll pass.

adam shannon
10-28-2003, 01:41 PM
just what we need. bimbos and american gladiator types. i hope they at least wear masks, unlike the last time they tried a PB reality show.

bmexline
10-28-2003, 03:29 PM
*in best homer simpson voice* "mmmmmmmm, bimbos"

Halliday
10-28-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by bmexline

Or *"mmmm big.....guns!"*

logamus
10-28-2003, 04:42 PM
i will be out, but i guess i will roll tape on it. im too poor and too backwards to have tivo so i still use that archaic device called a video cassete recorder.

WARPED1
10-28-2003, 05:01 PM
*in best homer simpson voice* "mmmmmmmm, bimbos" *in best Monty Burns voice*Eeexxcelent...........

swat150
10-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Hmm. Joe Shmoe's season finale is at the same time as this so called "James Bond Paintball" I think ill pass it too.
Cant miss this episode of Joe Shmoe

danheneise
10-28-2003, 09:16 PM
ok i just watched about 5 minutes of it, and omfg it sucked, they have like space suit things on and some stupid looking gun, probably a spyder with some special body on it, and whenever someone gets hit, it makes a splat/squish sound and the fall to the ground :rolleyes: and it is British people, no offense but i must say i don't think i've ever seen a GOOD show made by brits, except for future fighting machines on techtv, so anywho, it's not worth anyones time to watch.

p8ntball1016
10-28-2003, 09:17 PM

WARPED1
10-28-2003, 09:20 PM
You guys are dumb, no offense. It's not meant to be a paintball show. It's pure entertainment, yall taking it too serious and personal. All saftey gear is being worn and stuff.

atcer
10-28-2003, 09:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

this is great. British scenario telly. kinda like Noles (sp?) House party, crystal maze.... (i lived in the uk for a while) Its not that bad... i hate that they call the paintballs, wich are marbz all stars, emulsification ammuntion or whatever.. it sounds stupid.

those costumes would be cool for a scenario i guess... not what i expected, but it could be alot worse.

Major Ho
10-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Dangit to hell... I cannot find OLN when i want it. I know ive flipped by it before, I think it shares a channel with something else.
Anyone know anything about this in the No. Va/DC/metro area?

CpSuPeRkId
10-28-2003, 09:23 PM
hahahha roflmao!!! im watching it as i type. by far the cheesiest thing i have ever seen. i was hoping it was like this huge tourney style show and high end guns and stuff like that. i find myself staring at a bunch of brits in radiation suits..... i seriously want to shoot myself right now but yet i keep on watching like its going to get good or something..... lol still funny as hell though. if anybody likes that type of paintball they should play in traffic blindfolded.

skife
10-28-2003, 09:23 PM
it sucks, althought i think some of the scientest are shooting mags though,

it seems kinda retarted

one of the chicks were shooting allstar paint though

meh

i want to get ahold of one of those guns, it would be fun to bring to a scenario

one of those fully auto machine guns would be cool though

penguinpunk555
10-28-2003, 09:24 PM
what is ONL?

WARPED1
10-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Major Ho
Dangit to hell... I cannot find OLN when i want it. I know ive flipped by it before, I think it shares a channel with something else.
Anyone know anything about this in the No. Va/DC/metro area? If you have Time Warner cable, it's channel 167.

CpSuPeRkId
10-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
what is ONL? Outdoor Life Network. basically a channel dedicated to outdoor adventurous stuff. anything you can think of with the outdoors and adventure is on that channel.

Tyger
10-29-2003, 12:46 AM
Ahh, no harm, no foul.

The 'masks' I disagree with, but other than that, it's not all that awful. I'e seen paintball treated worse. I love the hoppers tho. :)

The sound f/x are chezy, but I LOVE the bunkering moves!

-Tyger

magking1971
10-29-2003, 12:55 AM
Cheezy yes, but it sure looks like a fun place to play!!

RusskiX
10-29-2003, 06:29 AM
I thought it was a hoot. Sure, it was kinda cheesy and looked staged, but it made me want to try a scenario game.

They even fit a commercial for one of my local paintball stores in during the break. That's what I call targeted advertising.

shartley
10-29-2003, 06:33 AM
I am glad to see OLN showing paintball. Me and the Mrs. watched Aftershock and Dynasty play on OLN not too long ago….. it was great seeing paintball on National TV. No comment about the games…. But again, it was great seeing it on TV none the less.

breg
10-29-2003, 06:43 AM
Does this mean that our sport is closer to getting more national attention? I hope so.

Next stop: Olympics! (One can hope, right?)

FreakBaller12
10-29-2003, 07:28 AM
breg, i read an article and it said paintball will becoem an olympic sport in 7-9 years:rolleyes:

thatd' be cool as hell though if it does
btw the shwo was alright they had: allstar paint, looked like riochet hoppers and nvader masks(some of them

alkafluence
10-29-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Major Ho
Anyone know anything about this in the No. Va/DC/metro area?

Comcast - OLN 28 for N. VA area.

Comment on the show, I couldn't stop laughing it was that humorous. But then again, British tending shows tend to be that way when rebroadcast to the US. [No offense intended to the Brits]

judster
10-29-2003, 09:34 AM
isnt OLN gonna air the shatner game? seems that they are getting more and more into paintball. maybe a few letters/emails to the network thanking them form running paintball, will get more airtime for some of the tourneys...just a thought....

1stdeadeye
10-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Cheesy but harmless.

SpongeBobSquarePants
10-29-2003, 08:20 PM
I personally got a kick out of it, the "Grunts" using some kind of blow back I think with that 10 round toob sticking out of it was great I was laughing. Man I'm a loser :(

swat150
10-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by danheneise
ok i just watched about 5 minutes of it, and omfg it sucked, they have like space suit things on and some stupid looking gun, probably a spyder with some special body on it, and whenever someone gets hit, it makes a splat/squish sound and the fall to the ground :rolleyes: and it is British people, no offense but i must say i don't think i've ever seen a GOOD show made by brits, except for future fighting machines on techtv, so anywho, it's not worth anyones time to watch.

Please dont trash the spyder, Its a real nice and reasonable gun for the price out there. Some of us cant afford those real nice guns so luckely there is spyder. Spyders can shoot just about accurate as any other gun as long as you have the right barrel and stuff. NOTICE i said JUST about.

Infratracide
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Let me confrim that they did infact refer to paintballs as "Emulsification Ammunition" and they used bad sound-bites -> IMEDIATE grounds for dissmissal! Watching these unathletic oafs timidly shuffle around and get shot was a kinda funny... just imagine if they used markers that could shoot above the threshhold of 3 balls/sec... The timid fools would refuse to come out of hiding, it would be like watching turtles play football.
That NOVA presentation on string theory was much more interesting.