PDA

View Full Version : everyones favorite 3 letter word that begins with A

jdev
10-28-2003, 12:28 PM
well... besides AGD.

thats right. please welcome me and my sapphire blue viking to the AKA family.

my neighbor instant messaged me to tell me I got 2 packages in the mail today, so, i rushed home to pick them up, and it was my marker. man, i am soooo stoked. I cant wait to get off work and play with this baby.

all i need is macroline and an ASA before I can shoot it around the house, need a barrel though. gonna head to the proshop and pick one up.

here is what my baby comes equiped with:

was board
wicked eyes w/covers
wicked switch
ccm clamping low-rise
new noids

man, im so ansy to get out of here. when i get back from the proshop, ill take some pictures and post them here.

now, discuss amongst yourself about how jealous you are. its ok, i dont blame you.

:D

WARPED1
10-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Lets see pics! Must......have.......pics.........

Skoad
10-28-2003, 12:32 PM
i bet it looks exactly like a viking

jdev
10-28-2003, 12:36 PM
skoad is right, it looks exactly like a viking.

here are the pics the previous owner sent me.. just to tease.

http://fallingaway.com/img/vike/vik.jpg

http://fallingaway.com/img/vike/vkin.jpg

:D

QUINCYMASSGUY
10-28-2003, 12:42 PM
I was thinking a different 3-letter word starting with a.... hmmm...

nice man, I've wanted one of these for a while, have fun with it.

jdev
10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
oh, you bet your *** ill be having fun with it. infact, ill be having fun with it sunday @ camp paintball in kingston, should anyone want to stop by and check it out, and maybe pop off a few rounds on it :D

jdev
10-28-2003, 05:37 PM
pictures are up.. heres a few to wet your whistle:

http://fallingaway.com/img/vike/Gallery/images/DSCF0001.JPG

http://fallingaway.com/img/vike/Gallery/images/DSCF0009.JPG

http://fallingaway.com/img/vike/Gallery/images/DSCF0005.JPG

rest can be found here:

http://fallingaway.com/img/vike/Gallery/

along with a sound file (http://fallingaway.com/img/vike/vike_cps.mp3) of this little bastard going at it. :D

anyone want to guess the CPS on that, if you can even make it out? :shrugs:

SlipknotX556
10-28-2003, 05:40 PM
everyones favorite 3 letter word that begins with A

I thought you were talking about ASA. lol

SpongeBobSquarePants
10-28-2003, 06:04 PM
I will assume the proshop was out of MACRO line.

headcase
10-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by joey d
oh, you bet your *** ill be having fun with it. infact, ill be having fun with it sunday @ camp paintball in kingston, should anyone want to stop by and check it out, and maybe pop off a few rounds on it :D

Wow, Camp Paintball, that is were I played for the first time!

Congrats on the Vik, maybe I'll post pics of my PBX one of these days.

pputkowski
10-28-2003, 07:43 PM
you've out-done yourself Susan...beautiful, just beautiful

jdev
10-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
I will assume the proshop was out of MACRO line.

:sigh:

yea. and i just couldnt wait to get macro anywhere else. i NEEDED to gas this baby up and fire it around. :D

im working on the macro ;)

afrankart
10-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Cool, it is nice to have another join the rapidly growing AKA Family. Not that is necessary, but if you have the chance, pick yourself up some JMJ eye covers. They do the same thing, only look tons better.

*ArKfEaR*
10-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Thats a really nice color.

Damnnnnn, almost as nice as my Burnt Orange sonic :D.

But alot of paintball companies have 3 letters, wow especially now that I think about it.

Off the top of my head, im sure there is more.

WDP
WGP
AGD
AKA
DYE
ACI
ANS
ICD
PMI

jdev
11-03-2003, 09:04 PM
thought I would let everyone know.

I went out this weekend and took the marker to my moms (she owns tons of wooded property) and put some paint through the vike.

nothing but ropes.

I nearly have my 3 finger walking down pat. :D

you may now commence drooling ;)

Grasshopper
11-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Those are freakin' sweet. I must have yours.

*begins plotting an evil plot to steal the Viking*

Deep Sixx
11-04-2003, 12:42 PM

along with a sound file (http://fallingaway.com/img/vike/vike_cps.mp3) of this little bastard going at it. :D

anyone want to guess the CPS on that, if you can even make it out? :shrugs:

I counted between 13 and 15 peaks in 1 second on the waveform, depending on what you think the peaks are. It's so badly overmodulated that it's nearly impossible to tell. It could be a lot more... or less, I don't know.

Gorgeous marker either way!

sixx

scribe
11-04-2003, 12:51 PM
i just don't get it.

no disrespect or anything, but i think vikings are ugly.

i mean, i'm not just some random kid saying it's ugly. i'm an artist, i paint, draw, do graphic design, etc etc.

i don't see... how that gun is aesthetically pleasing, WHICH is why i have such respect for agd, coming out with a gun like the x-mag that looks absolutely amazing. simple and pleasing.

i think the bushys and such are ugly as well. i DO admit however, that autocockers look good as well. angels are also nice. but i still dont think anything compares to the sfl emag/ x-mags.

i feel like such an outcast/idiot when everybody but me thinks that bushys/vikings etc look good.

Bensongg
11-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Its mostly function over form.

jdev
11-04-2003, 02:16 PM
sixx: thanks for the sound analysis. I may try and take a better one when i get home today, see if you can work with that.

scribe: what bensongg said. imo, i think angels are ugly :)

grasshopper: over my dead body and from my cold dead hands :D

Deep Sixx
11-04-2003, 03:50 PM
sixx: thanks for the sound analysis. I may try and take a better one when i get home today, see if you can work with that.

Sure, no prob. Get me a clean recording and I'll count 'em for ya! Try doing it outside, about 4-6 feet away and perpendicular from the mic (don't shoot at it). Just make sure your meters aren't in the red when you're recording.

sixx

afrankart
11-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Bensongg
Its mostly function over form.

Mostly.

And Scribe, they do make better looking models.

Pballwizz
11-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Hay, do u go to camp paintball regulary? Will u be goin this weekend? And are there any kids there who are like 14? If so, I may see if I can go up, Peace!

Konigballer
11-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread cause thats a nice gun but I just gotta say that I'm like you scribe. I thought I was the only one! I've never "got it" either. Everybody gushes over these nicely ano'ed or milled out vikings, timmies, bushies ,etc. and I don't know how people can possibly think they are sexy from an aesthetic point of view. Its basically like dressing up a brick with a long barrel sticking awkwardly out the end. God knows their performance is stellar and thats ultimetly what will count on the field. I guess I just have a soft spot for "skinnier" guns like mags, cockers, angels, new shockers, etc. They just flow better. Aesthetically, Xmags remind me of a sleek sports car, and cockers make me think of hotrods with the chrome "guts" of the gun out for display like an engine. They got style.

Oh well, nice gun man. I'm sure you would slaughter the likes of me with it.

jdev
11-04-2003, 06:11 PM
sixx: working on some more audio for you. i just use regular windows recorder, with my crappy little mic. hopefully this stuff is better. i kinda ran outta air.. ;)

pballwizz: ocassionally i am up at camp. im me, my sn is return to owner. i wont be there this weekend though. I will probably be at BPS in somerville.

kanigballer: knock that shoit off.. ;) and yes, i'd bunker you in my sleep :D

Grasshopper
11-04-2003, 06:35 PM
grasshopper: over my dead body and from my cold dead hands :D
Ah, so that's the best way to go about getting it? I was thinking or just stapling you to the bed while your sleeping and sneak off with it. But, I guess I'll just have to kill ya! ;):)

Konigballer
11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
"I'd bunker you in my sleep"..Hahaha, thats just my kind of fight, me against a sleeping opponent!

I'd do slo-mo jumping jacks matrix style into your room so fast you wouldnt even know what hit you. You'd be turned into a christmas tree so quick you and your teddy bear would'nt know what happened...................nah, I'd probably trip on a shoe and immobilize myself:(