PDA

View Full Version : my commitment to america speech

-=Squid=-
10-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Anybody wanna help me with this via aim? I have to write this speech by tomorrow, and it has to be three minutes long. Im not going to use big words like my last essay (that essay was a joke to make my fat history teacher look stupid...some people didnt understand that so I deleted the thread.) and im actually going to write it... I would consider myself and above average writer, but I frequenlty have trouble coming up with something to write about...thats where ao comes on in this one. Like usual I have put off writing this until the last minute and need help coming up with something to say. I have to write about my commitment to america, and what I will do/or think should be done to make america better. I just started and this is all I have so far. Lol.

"To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals - this alone is worth the struggle. " These words were spoken by Sir William Osler, and perfectly reflect my ideology of what every person should believe. Any person

Not good not bad. So, who wants to help? My aim is TurtleMystry

p8ntball1016
10-28-2003, 05:12 PM
stutter for three minutes, then scream out HELLO!:D

-=Squid=-
10-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
stutter for three minutes, then scream out HELLO!:D Not a bad idea...I thought about just like, recording for 10 minutes, and making a little bit of noise, then be yelling for my mom for help with the recorder, then say the speach when we pretend to have fixed it :D Anyways, I REALLY need some help with getting this beast rollin. Im having some trouble...sounded much easier than it is.

-=Squid=-
10-28-2003, 05:21 PM
PLEASE HELP! I have to have a rough draft done in about 1-2 hours!

MantisMag
10-28-2003, 05:25 PM
just scream "AMERICANS!" at the top of your lungs 37 times. but you gotta be sure to remember the last 2. that's the hook. ;)

-=Squid=-
10-28-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by MantisMag
just scream "AMERICANS!" at the top of your lungs 37 times. but you gotta be sure to remember the last 2. that's the hook. ;) OK! No more jokes :) I really need to actually get this done. This is what I have so far:

"To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals - this alone is worth the struggle. " These words were spoken by Sir William Osler, and perfectly reflect my ideology of what every person should believe. Any person should share a certain commitment for there country, as well as a certain respect for there community. From committing deeds as small as picking up trash on the sidewalk, to as large as helping another person in need, every positive action for ones community is important.
I feel that commitment to ones country, should be commitment to ones local area. If every person strives to improve there surroundings, as well as themselves, it would eventually improve the nation as a whole. I belive in

Not to hot...but im not to worried about making it awesome, just need an ok grade on this one. What can I add to it now?