PDA

View Full Version : airsoft

zak406
10-28-2003, 06:52 PM
who likes airsof plz explain y or y not

FreakBaller12
10-28-2003, 07:09 PM
i used to when i was like 12, but now paintball is better
airsoft can be fun cause u dont make a mess and it's fun as crap to play in a house or something small and you dont have to worry about paint splatter

zak406
10-28-2003, 07:15 PM
i disagree evenn tho i like pb i am getin a gun but u chn get up to 550-600 fps tops wich could go maybe half of mile but i no for sure u can easily shatter a window

afrankart
10-28-2003, 08:37 PM
I really doubt that a small plastic ball accelerated to 1000 fps would go 1/4 mile. I haven't had the chance to play with any airsoft equipment, but I would like to.

zak406
10-28-2003, 08:41 PM
yea but a plastic bb ways 2 grams and geswsin cause idont have my gun up to 500-600 so im gessin maybe a football field or summtin like that im exaderating

i have also read not for surs so dont quote me on this k

any ways i really know nuttin bought pb so i play airsoft i have herd that pb guns go 225 fps = feet per second and airsoft i know for sure u can buy up to 400 without upgrade fps i not sutre tho

zak406
10-28-2003, 08:48 PM
your thot on airsoft

-=Squid=-
10-28-2003, 09:00 PM
wtf?

zak406
10-28-2003, 09:03 PM
airsoft screw u same thing as pb

-=Squid=-
10-28-2003, 09:03 PM
again...wtf?

Sparq
10-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Yes, in general airsoft guns fire at higher velocities than paintball guns. Range is similar. Nowhere NEAR a football field in either case...at least not 'effective range'

Potatoboy
10-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Merged threads, please only post one thread per subject.

GtB188
10-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Just one request from me: Use a spell checker or make a better effort to spell/use grammar. I KNOW you are a better speller than how you are spelling/writing. And do not give the excuse, "im not n skool, so i odn hav 2 spel krecly."

Otherwise: I HIGHLY doubt airsoft bb's will shatter windows. Small plastic pieces decelerate quickly, because of the small mass. A reason I do not like airsoft is because they look like real guns. Other people might like that, great for them, I do not. Also, how can anyone play with an honor system. ;)

skife
10-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Airsoft BB's dont weigh 2grams... the most i've seen a .3 grams

paintball guns can travel as fast as 800fps
A friend of mine was shooting an older gun running a siphon tube in the middle of winter and the co2 was flash freezing the paintball before it got out of the barrel

Grasshopper
10-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
wtf?
Agreed. Is I hadn't played Counter Strike, I'd have no clue what was going on in this thread.

Anyhow, Airsoft is alright. Hmm, I just never really got into it, though.

FooTemps
10-28-2003, 10:00 PM
airsoft is good for playing around, but it's still really stupid. The bb's are annoying and you rely on he honor system. The airsoft gun also look like real GUNS.

Also, have you ever seen a truely competetive airsoft tournament? I havent. If they had an equivalent of xball in the airsoft world my view would change. All their big events are like scenario games... which are fun, but they're only games.

afrankart
10-28-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by skife

Yeah, maybe if it is in someone's luggage on an airplane.
I seriously doubt anything can accelerate a paintball to 544 mph without breaking it. Not possible. No way, no how.

skife
10-28-2003, 10:04 PM
the co2 was liquid in the gun a flash froze the paintball
is it possiable for a frozen paintball to break?

zak406
10-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by skife
Airsoft BB's dont weigh 2grams... the most i've seen a .3 grams

A friend of mine was shooting an older gun running a siphon tube in the middle of winter and the co2 was flash freezing the paintball before it got out of the barrel

sorry but that is a pellet gun and i know for a fact that it would kill u

Downfall
10-28-2003, 11:37 PM
the new air soft pellets are actually made out of corn starch, air soft guns can shoot much farther than a paintball gun, i was surprised at the range of a higher end riffle that my friend has but it's no where near a 1/4 of a mile, it is close to the length of a football field tho. It hurts alot when you get hit, a lot more than a paint ball, some times the pellets get stuck in your skin. I personally don't like airsoft, a lot of military enthusiasts preffer it over paintball.

OfficerGoat
10-29-2003, 02:29 AM
Airsoft is great if you are a wanna be GiJo.. which of course attracts alot of folks to both sports. The guns are very cool .. its pretty fun to shoot em.. but I still cant get over the wanna be army aspect of it. Its just not me.

The biggest thing that turns me off on airsoft however is the fact that at least around here the kids that play it are a bunch of freakin panzys. You havent got to worry about the honor system.. you whack the little buggers and you can hear em yelp in pain... wtf.. lemme bring my paintgun up here... then you can yelp...lol

skife
10-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by zak406

sorry but that is a pellet gun and i know for a fact that it would kill u

if it was a pellet gun it would kill me? or a paintball gun

The guy didn't play like that with the paintball gun, you'd have to be effing dumb to play like that

hitech
10-29-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by afrankart
I seriously doubt anything can accelerate a paintball to 544 mph without breaking it. Not possible. No way, no how.

How about a 10 cubic foot dump chamber, a 100 foot barrel and a power tube tip that limited peak pressure to 100 psi? ;)

BTW, I know that 450 is possible with a normal paintball marker and the right paint.

afrankart
10-29-2003, 04:47 PM
450 fps yes. I have seen 430 fps on my mag, but we're talking 800 fps here, and I really don't think it can be done. There is too much of a surface area to mass ratio.

StygShore
10-29-2003, 04:55 PM
I have seen 480 from a very old sniper II shooting black beuaties or old nelson, dont remember what it was. Never seen proof of anything faster from a standard paintball gun.

Styg

Note, I have also been shot at 405 fps from about 6 ft away at Michigan Monster game about 8 years ago.

hitech
10-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by afrankart
There is too much of a surface area to mass ratio.

It can. With a large enough volume of air and a long enough barrel. It may not be possible with a standard paintball marker, but I've never tried. ;)

mrbrutal
10-29-2003, 05:21 PM
My 2 cents:

I have been recently getting into airsoft and this is what I know.

Airsoft has velocity regulations usually 340 fps indoor and 400 outdoor. These velocities are measured using .2 pellets however players can use .25 during the game. These are the only weights used in airsoft play. They can shoot farther because of the hop up system which puts a backspin on the pellet. This system is effective because the solid pellets can take more abuse than a paintball. Most places play with bio-degradable pellets, those ones made of corn starch and such, which break down after about a month or so. Airsoft requires more honesty because there is no definitive way to tell if someone has been hit. Airsoft pellets have been known to embed in flesh and chip teeth. Some people like it for the realism while others hate it because its not like tournament paintball format. I have known airsoft people to use paintball fields and play airsoft like paintball. Then theres scenario paintball which plays like most airsoft games.

I dont know why paintballers trash on airsofters and vice versa. To me they are just different sides of the same coin. Paintball my be more popular and easily accessible but theres nothing wrong with airsoft either.

B-Lazy
10-30-2003, 12:30 AM
Just a little FYI, frozen paintballs break very easily, in fact they shatter. Just thought you should know that.

the co2 was liquid in the gun a flash froze the paintball is it possiable for a frozen paintball to break?

jonnyboy34
10-30-2003, 12:45 AM
I played airsoft for a while. Its alot cheaper, and not as much equipment. I have a APS-2 bolt action sniper rifle, i have it upgraded to like 500fps i shoot .36 gram bb's and its effective for about 150-200ft. Any one want to buy it?