PDA

View Full Version : screw in tank question

Chingis
10-29-2003, 11:28 AM
do they make a screw in adjustable tank , i have a 88 /3000 crossfire screwin tank, im looking to find a cheap Adjustable tank as a spare just wondering if they even make them.

thanks

Dayspring
10-29-2003, 11:41 AM
Yes. Nitroduck makes one. Cheap? Not so much. You're looking ~$250.

Maclete
10-29-2003, 11:41 AM
Yes, there are quite a few and no, they are not cheap.....

Chingis
10-29-2003, 11:44 AM
cool the cheap thing i can deal with as long as there made , im not that much in a hurry to get one, so hopefully i can find one used down the road.

thanks very much for the info

if anyone has excat models that work for me , that would be great if not , im sure ill find some :)

Dayspring
10-29-2003, 11:51 AM
http://www.nitroduck.com/x-streamwrite.htm

Chingis
10-29-2003, 12:26 PM
ok so here is one more question ,
reason im looking for a adjustable tank is im making a Slug body mag , that will down the road have a R/T valve, any sugestions on how i should set it up , im not a full time player, maybe 3 -4 times a month then only in the nice time of the year, and also really only play woods ball (so far) , just not into the winter games that much

as it sits now , it has a benchy 2x frame, slug body already milled to be usable, kapp forgrip extender,front gas threw, i run this with a drop not remote.AK Ric hopper, and 88/3000 tank crossfire

its almost all black ,except for the body thats polished soon to also be black.

if you got spare time and think you can tell me improvements to my set up im all Ears.

also , im not looking to spend tons on this gun if i wanted to do that i would have bought a emag ;)

basicly my thinking is , R/t valve , and a lvl X , halo or egg,an a adjustable tank.prob that order

Dayspring
10-29-2003, 12:46 PM
You don't NEED to have an adjustable for an RT/Xvalve.

It does allow you to determine how much kick you get, but you may be happy with what your 88/3000 gives.

If you're staying mechanical, try the ULT. It's not for everybody, but it's worth a shot.

Chingis
10-29-2003, 12:55 PM
I own a R/T classic , its great but i wanted to go cocker threaded barrel, (mostly because i believe it to be more accurate) and as it sits now my R/T doesnt give me anough Kick,that being the reason about about going to a adjuastable tank.

Chingis
10-29-2003, 12:59 PM
If you're staying mechanical, try the ULT. It's not for everybody, but it's worth a shot.

do you think i should go hyperframe? the direction of my gun bieng built isnt clear yet. ele grip isnt out of the question

maybe you'll know , if i was to put a 13 BPS frame on a classic valve would the vlave keep up ?
i have thought about this route instead of a R/T valve.

once again thanks for the info

Dayspring
10-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Yeah, the valve will do just fine.

But the Hyperframes coming from Centerflag are now using 20bps boards. (It'll be ok on the Classic)

Going to the Hyperframe is another great reason for using the ULT. (Reduces the weight of the pin that the 'noid has to push.)

Chingis
10-29-2003, 01:24 PM
and from what i hear the Booh Yaa frames are a waste of money correct?

Dayspring
10-29-2003, 01:30 PM
Yeah. The company that made the Booyah went belly up so you won't have much, if anything, in the way of support.